Someone is using that "free crowns" website to scam.

SweetenOrange15SweetenOrange15 Member Posts: 348
edited February 9 in Gripes and Grins
So I went into times and there was a guy that said "don't go over 1000000 crowns or your game will crash" I said "LOL WHAT" he told me "ads" and he was speaking to the person that he was going to scam with /say and he put a scam website in so that person would go there and he could get "free crowns" over 1000000.
Post edited by SweetenOrange15 on

Comments

• SweetenOrange15SweetenOrange15 Member Posts: 348
    Zacywacko said:

I didn't understand a whole lot from your paragraph.

Let me just tell the whole story.
    Poor people, scamming young people.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Brisbane - AustraliaMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,603
    Slightly off topic, but as a note, reporting scammers doesn't really do much sadly.
    Reports are predominantly for "nastier" chats.

The whole change to the no calling out people rule could bring some changes to calling out scammers however, its a new type of thing for the forums, and we need to be careful on how it works (let the accusations fly wildly)
    It would need to work on proof beyond reasonable doubt.
    I'm trying to work out a system to suggest at the moment.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,020
    Everywhen said:

Slightly off topic, but as a note, reporting scammers doesn't really do much sadly.

The whole change to the no calling out people rule could bring some changes to calling out scammers however, its a new type of thing for the forums, and we need to be careful on how it works (let the accusations fly wildly)

but then the scammers are trying to steal the people's accounts by leading them to a phising site, which breaks the rules. plus, not watching ads destroys one of the revenues of the game.... so... yeah
    edited February 1

Everywhen said:

but then the scammers are trying to steal the people's accounts by leading them to a phising site, which breaks the rules. plus, not watching ads destroys one of the revenues of the game.... so... yeah
    EXACTLY!!!!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Brisbane - AustraliaMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,603
    Yeah those kinds of scams definitely need to be reported - screenshot and email to deepworld@bytebin.com

I was more talking about "hey trade you a plaque for your mega protector" "ok!"
    (One of poor naive Everywhen's early trades)
  • RedManRedMan Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 2,169
    Here's what I understood...

A player tried to tell them he had over 100000 crowns from ads, they asked him how he watched that number of ads, so he was pressured and had to confess that he got them from a certain website.
    RedMan said:

Here's what I understood...

A player tried to tell them he had over 100000 crowns from ads, they asked him how he watched that number of ads, so he was pressured and had to confess that he got them from a certain website.

Um... No
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,557
    I wonder when there's gonna be the phone scams...
    edited February 10

I wonder when there's gonna be the phone scams...

Hello @ItzDennisz YOU CAN GET 10000000000000000000000 CROWNS FOR JUST $9 DON'T PASS THIS UP THIS IS THE BEST DEAL OF YOUR LIFE JUST GIVE ME $500 DOLLARS AND ITS YOURS
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 238
    I believe there are criminals in training playing deepworld.
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Studying for greatnessMember Posts: 789
    Just send me 1$ and those shiny 1000000 crowns will be yours! Just give me your credit card, identification, social security number, your car, your friend Steve and your birth certificate so I can charge you!

But in all seriousness, even if there was a site much couldn't be done to them unless they were claiming rights over Deepworld due to fair use copyright laws and all that, in simple terms just don't be stupid, nothing in life's free and there is no site on this planet that will give you resources of any type for watching a ad unless the dev's make one or you're using a professional app like TapJoy.