Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

[Game Idea] Finish PC????

p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
edited February 2017 in Feedback and Game Ideas
So, it's been a good couple years (close to 3) since PC has been available. I'm wondering if there will be an actual estimate to its completion, or at least caught up to iOS and potentially Android at this point. It's really sorta pointless to play on PC if the major features I actually want to use, and paid for aren't even functioning.

Things like, Butlers, World Machines, Make-Up kits, Portable Teleporters, World Machine Notifications, Movement speed comparable to iOS (We're slow as all hell) et al.

Please? Pretty please? Pretty Please with Ice-Cream, beer, pizza, and lisa on top?

Comments

  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,732
    edited February 2017
    p1nkbr0 said:

    So, it's been a good couple years (close to 3) since PC has been available. I'm wondering if there will be an actual estimate to its completion, or at least caught up to iOS and potentially Android at this point. It's really sorta pointless to play on PC if the major features I actually want to use, and paid for aren't even functioning.

    Things like, Butlers, World Machines, Make-Up kits, Portable Teleporters, World Machine Notifications, Movement speed comparable to iOS (We're slow as all hell) et al.

    Please? Pretty please? Pretty Please with Ice-Cream, beer, pizza, and lisa on top?

    Also, equality between tool mechanics.

    Like, mining speeds for different tools are different across platforms and its quite confusing.
    Also fixing graphical display bugs, like giant clocks, and world machines etc.

    I do also feel sad watching obviously newer players go flying ahead of my 15 agility/onyx steampack combo.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    I have max, or near max agility. I cannot move nearly as fast as somebody with less points than me.

    The onyx pick on iOS mines dirt faster than the onyx pick on PC. The onyx shovel on PC "mines" dirt faster than on iOS. This is super annoying.

    A good chunk of the textures are misaligned, misplaced, or just plain missing.


    I thought one of the reasons you liked PC is because you could push out updates instantaneously, yet there hardly have been any updates... Except adding new useless items that nobody needs.
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,198
    I realized the other day that I've been around for about 2 years now, and I have never been able to receive in-game PMs. And so I wonder....if that ever gets fixed, am I going to be bombarded with all the messages that have ever been sent to me? I suspect it would be depressing, as most of them would be from long-time friends that don't play anymore.
  • BCBUDDYBCBUDDY Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2017
    There are advantages on pic too, zoom is massive advantage as you can see so much more of the world... the mining speeds should be lower to compensate for 'seeing' so far.
    The search and world listings are also better on occasion.

  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    The zoom is a weak argument. It doesn't make up for all the things that are still broken.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 290
    I disagree, I believe the amount a pc player sees of the map is the biggest advantage on any platform. I wish there was a way to see how many pc players find onyx compared to the other platforms. I believe pc players would be at the top of the list. On the other hand, I've tried playing on steam and found the controls to be utterly awkward. There is definitely room for improvement on pc but I urge the devs to take the zoom into consideration if and when they decide to fix pc issues.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,452
    Bastian7 said:

    I disagree, I believe the amount a pc player sees of the map is the biggest advantage on any platform. I wish there was a way to see how many pc players find onyx compared to the other platforms. I believe pc players would be at the top of the list. On the other hand, I've tried playing on steam and found the controls to be utterly awkward. There is definitely room for improvement on pc but I urge the devs to take the zoom into consideration if and when they decide to fix pc issues.

    Having high zoom doesn't negate the fact that you don't have access to butler bots, world machines, make-up kits, etc.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,732
    Bastian7 said:

    I disagree, I believe the amount a pc player sees of the map is the biggest advantage on any platform. I wish there was a way to see how many pc players find onyx compared to the other platforms. I believe pc players would be at the top of the list. On the other hand, I've tried playing on steam and found the controls to be utterly awkward. There is definitely room for improvement on pc but I urge the devs to take the zoom into consideration if and when they decide to fix pc issues.

    I'd probably pay you an onyx to clear all of the backdrop out of the 8 worlds I have backlogged for excavation.
  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2017
    Yea, the zoom doesn't help with onyx that much. Most of the very few onyx I have found were on my iPad. Even if you can see it, you can't get to it quickly enough. I can hardly stand to go to public worlds on PC.

    Regardless, zoom is still not a good argument for all the things that are still not working properly. It's not a "room for improvement" situation; it's a "fix it" situation. It is broken. It does not function in the way it is supposed to function.

    Zoom should not even be brought up in this conversation; when more of the fundamental things are fixed, then maybe a suggestion on limiting zoom levels would be warranted. Until they are fixed, zoom is not the problem. The broken features are the problem.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,146
    p1nkbr0 said:

    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.

    This needs to happen. When I do play on pc, I only do it for the zoom, and it's barely worth it. Level 10 survival doesn't work properly (it's supposed to protect you from acid rain) and level 10 engineering doesn't let you use guns at 0 steam, like it does on mobile. I find more items on my phone than I do on my pc, because I mine so slowly on pc in comparison to any mobile device. Also, gun turrets shoot rapid fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing. It also sucks how the energy cannon, steam cannon, frost cannon and their respective pistols don't have their firing sounds on mobile, but they do on pc. The agility problem is also really annoying too, and some dungeons aren't even raidable on pc because you can't get past the spikes! It's annoying to leave those dungeons behind because I can't do anything about it. Improvements must be made, crazy zoom doesn't compensate for all the missing features.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 290
    I only played dw briefly on pc and was unaware of all those problems. I can see now that maybe zoom isn't such a boon. Please don't hate me...xD
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Zacywacko said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.

    This needs to happen. When I do play on pc, I only do it for the zoom, and it's barely worth it. Level 10 survival doesn't work properly (it's supposed to protect you from acid rain) and level 10 engineering doesn't let you use guns at 0 steam, like it does on mobile. I find more items on my phone than I do on my pc, because I mine so slowly on pc in comparison to any mobile device. Also, gun turrets shoot rapid fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing. It also sucks how the energy cannon, steam cannon, frost cannon and their respective pistols don't have their firing sounds on mobile, but they do on pc. The agility problem is also really annoying too, and some dungeons aren't even raidable on pc because you can't get past the spikes! It's annoying to leave those dungeons behind because I can't do anything about it. Improvements must be made, crazy zoom doesn't compensate for all the missing features.
    Please don't remind me of that god-forsaken dungeon. You can always tell a PC player is around when those are half-raided. Annoying as all hell.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,732
    p1nkbr0 said:

    Zacywacko said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.

    This needs to happen. When I do play on pc, I only do it for the zoom, and it's barely worth it. Level 10 survival doesn't work properly (it's supposed to protect you from acid rain) and level 10 engineering doesn't let you use guns at 0 steam, like it does on mobile. I find more items on my phone than I do on my pc, because I mine so slowly on pc in comparison to any mobile device. Also, gun turrets shoot rapid fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing. It also sucks how the energy cannon, steam cannon, frost cannon and their respective pistols don't have their firing sounds on mobile, but they do on pc. The agility problem is also really annoying too, and some dungeons aren't even raidable on pc because you can't get past the spikes! It's annoying to leave those dungeons behind because I can't do anything about it. Improvements must be made, crazy zoom doesn't compensate for all the missing features.
    Please don't remind me of that god-forsaken dungeon. You can always tell a PC player is around when those are half-raided. Annoying as all hell.
    Hnggg. Fine. i'll do the tutorial on how to clear them when i get home. But. I am warning it could lead to dungeon theft so don't be that one person who abuses it...
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,198
    Everywhen said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    Zacywacko said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.

    This needs to happen. When I do play on pc, I only do it for the zoom, and it's barely worth it. Level 10 survival doesn't work properly (it's supposed to protect you from acid rain) and level 10 engineering doesn't let you use guns at 0 steam, like it does on mobile. I find more items on my phone than I do on my pc, because I mine so slowly on pc in comparison to any mobile device. Also, gun turrets shoot rapid fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing. It also sucks how the energy cannon, steam cannon, frost cannon and their respective pistols don't have their firing sounds on mobile, but they do on pc. The agility problem is also really annoying too, and some dungeons aren't even raidable on pc because you can't get past the spikes! It's annoying to leave those dungeons behind because I can't do anything about it. Improvements must be made, crazy zoom doesn't compensate for all the missing features.
    Please don't remind me of that god-forsaken dungeon. You can always tell a PC player is around when those are half-raided. Annoying as all hell.
    Hnggg. Fine. i'll do the tutorial on how to clear them when i get home. But. I am warning it could lead to dungeon theft so don't be that one person who abuses it...
    My opinion is that the entry technique is not likely to be quick enough to beat a raider to the end. That dungeon is not particularly complicated.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034

    Everywhen said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    Zacywacko said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    No, the zoom is not an acceptable compromise for a barely functioning game. I cannot use world machines that I paid a hefty sum for, I cannot see the world machines that are by default, AND the ones I buy, I cannot use port o' teles, I can't use the make-up kit that I bought.

    I mean, I can understand it's two devs. I can understand that it takes time. But 2 years later, and I still can't use the items that I bought, is just becoming ridiculous. Let alone, all the other short-comings. What's the point of seeing something if you can't reach it because you're so damn slow despite having incredible stats.

    This needs to happen. When I do play on pc, I only do it for the zoom, and it's barely worth it. Level 10 survival doesn't work properly (it's supposed to protect you from acid rain) and level 10 engineering doesn't let you use guns at 0 steam, like it does on mobile. I find more items on my phone than I do on my pc, because I mine so slowly on pc in comparison to any mobile device. Also, gun turrets shoot rapid fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing. It also sucks how the energy cannon, steam cannon, frost cannon and their respective pistols don't have their firing sounds on mobile, but they do on pc. The agility problem is also really annoying too, and some dungeons aren't even raidable on pc because you can't get past the spikes! It's annoying to leave those dungeons behind because I can't do anything about it. Improvements must be made, crazy zoom doesn't compensate for all the missing features.
    Please don't remind me of that god-forsaken dungeon. You can always tell a PC player is around when those are half-raided. Annoying as all hell.
    Hnggg. Fine. i'll do the tutorial on how to clear them when i get home. But. I am warning it could lead to dungeon theft so don't be that one person who abuses it...
    My opinion is that the entry technique is not likely to be quick enough to beat a raider to the end. That dungeon is not particularly complicated.
    That dungeon can be solved in 30 seconds if you time it right. Unfortunately, because of clipping issues on PC, that time is indefinite.

    @mikelaurence @lisa Any news on this? I've been waiting to play again once PC gets going. You know I'm willing to shovel cash in your direction if things work, however, it's not worth playing at this point because of the numerous short-comings. (I certainly hope Android, which is reportedly coming "soon" isn't this plagued)
Sign In or Register to comment.