Inventory Space

YeongyulYeongyul Getting salty players every time I play killer in Dead By DaylightMember Posts: 714
This will make the game a bit more... Hard? Challenging? Dunno what word to use.
So my idea is, that when we start the game, we can hold only a few items UNLESS, You have a backpack which I will explain.
So backpack space will vary on the materials you use.

Flax Backpack - 50 flax

For me, I don't think onyx or diamond would be used to make backpacks.

So because of this, it seems that you can't hold everything you want.
But no, now chests will have a use. If the devs will add a use them.

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,650
    interesting concept.

The thing is that items are infinitely stackable so after a while, storage space becomes redundant
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 976
    That could become a problem if you find a rare item but have nothing to dump, unless there was a 'bin item' option, but then you'd get those players who claim to have binned a rare item and request for a replacement.
  • YeongyulYeongyul Getting salty players every time I play killer in Dead By DaylightMember Posts: 714
    As I said, players will leave their stuff in chests.
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 524
    If players put their stuff in chests won't people just take it?
  • YeongyulYeongyul Getting salty players every time I play killer in Dead By DaylightMember Posts: 714
    Not if it's in a protector!
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,947
    Thing is, how would one convert the current inventory system to this new one without a massive loss of items or other technical mishaps.

Interesting idea, but impossible to execute without the loss of items due to limited inventories and stacking.
    So, thing is right now y'all have a bunch of items.
    You CANNOT get any stuff unless you put enough items in a chest.
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,650

Thing is, how would one convert the current inventory system to this new one without a massive loss of items or other technical mishaps.

Interesting idea, but impossible to execute without the loss of items due to limited inventories and stacking.

Overload perhaps. Say like 600/100 items.

But. The biggest thing about this is that it just adds an inconvenience to the game.

What about a middle ground? No inventory limits but craftable bags and chests that you can leave items in for other people.

Coincidentally there was that old steam mail system
  • SweetenOrange15SweetenOrange15 I don't know...Member Posts: 358
    This would make the game bad.
    tell me why.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Fun Fact: A newly manufactured RPG-7 costs around $2000-2500.Member Posts: 1,496
    Honestly I think it's a great idea. There will be a functionality for chests and large chests.

Remember, if you're going to criticize, make it constructive criticism :)
  • SweetenOrange15SweetenOrange15 I don't know...Member Posts: 358
    Everywhen said:

Remember, if you're going to criticize, make it constructive criticism :)
    Yeongyul said:

tell me why.

Ok, Look the game is great right now. If it is not broke don't fix it. Limited storage. Bad idea.
    Why would there be a game idea in the first place?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 2,830
    Yes, I agree with Orange, I like the game because of the unlimited storage space, the feeling of no physics!
    If it is added, Hundreds of players would definitely quit the game, and I'm sure Mike wouldn't even add this in any way.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Meh, many people will start complaining without stop if this was added. You'll have to constantly teleport back to your home world to get an item you need, and god forbid you forget the world where you placed a chest with expensive stuff.
    Overall, it would be nearly impossible to change the inventory system from this to that.
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,375
    One of the reasons that I like Deepworld is because of it's uniqueness from other sandbox games: You can hold unlimited items. In other games, say Minecraft of Terraria, the player can only hold a certain number of items, which makes it harder to make big builds. In Deepworld, since the player can hold everything they want, it's much easier to make bigger builds. Plus, what would I do with my immense dirt collection that I value ever so much?!

I would like to see functional chests though. Even if you didn't need to put anything in them, it would be cool to see them.