Come visit South Korea!

YeongyulYeongyul Dulvey, LouisianaMember Posts: 714
If ya wanna build just ask me

Comments

• Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,653
    I'm not old enough to travel by myself.
    JK I'll stop by when I have the time.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    I prefer North Korea
  • KILLER_DONUTKILLER_DONUT Swimming with squidMember Posts: 305
    I vow to visit sometime.
  • FreshXFreshX Posting links instead of picsMember Posts: 1,284
    I as well prefer North Korea. They have chubby people. For example, their President, Kim Yun Jen. That's right, I just stated a fact.
  • YeongyulYeongyul Dulvey, LouisianaMember Posts: 714
    edited February 11
    Its a hard life in North Korea.
    And most people are thin because it's hard to get money.
  • FreshXFreshX Posting links instead of picsMember Posts: 1,284
    Yeongyul said:

Its a hard life in North Korea.
    And most people are thin because it's hard to get money.

Not unless you're Kim Yun Jen..
    True. He is not being responsible.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,541
    edited February 14
    I think it's interesting to compare the American view of North Korean to someone who lives right next to it. Here in the US, North Korea is seen as a big joke, an awful place with an ididic fat leader who can't get a nuke right after its been around for 70 years. What do people usually think of North Korea in South Korea?

Also, I'll be sure to check out your world next time I get on.
    edited February 14
    Oh wait guyz, I named it Daegu now.

So, if you're in North Korea, and try to escape to South Korea,you can pass this huge wall, but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS.
    So, what is that you say? What if you try to escape through china You say?
    Well, I know a lady that escaped North Korea through China. She comes to my church. (She also came with her daughter, she's so cute!)
    So even if you DO pass the security and get to China, some chinese people will make you slaves, and say that if you try to escape they'll send you back to North Korea.
    So, (I don't mean you Lilyabc, not you!) what do you people think of North Korea? Is it a joke? Or is it a serious thing?
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,541
    Yeongyul said:

So, if you're in North Korea, and try to escape to South Korea,you can pass this huge wall, but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS.
    Well, I know a lady that escaped North Korea through China. She comes to my church. (She also came with her daughter, she's so cute!)
    So even if you DO pass the security and get to China, some chinese people will make you slaves, and say that if you try to escape they'll send you back to North Korea.
    So, (I don't mean you Lilyabc, not you!) what do you people think of North Korea? Is it a joke? Or is it a serious thing?

Oh, I know it's an awful communist country where the quality of life is probably one of the worst in the entire world. The conception of it has probably become warped in America because most people here can't even imagine having those circumstances.
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 529
    Yeongyul said:

Hmm.. I didn't know people in China would make you slaves. Do you mind telling me where you got that info? Just curious.
    I'm not against you!
    You're saying that like you're mad a lil bit.
  • LilyabcLilyabc YouTubeMember Posts: 529
    Yeongyul said:

I'm not against you!
    You're saying that like you're mad a lil bit.

No I'm not mad. I was just curious, you see I kinda want to know more since I barely talk about stuff like that irl. Plus I'm doing a report at the end of the year about a country. Not trying to sound mad or anything :).
    Well, you know how some people are bad and some people are good? Yeah, that's how I know.
    Also my grandmother (she died a 2 years ago) told me that her friend was born at North Korea, and she got caught by a Chinese man.
    But she escaped.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 991
    I'm British, but I live in South Korea. South Korea is a fantastic, modern country with great education, modern amenities, fantastic service and excellent public transportation all with a low tax rate.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/dec/07/world-education-rankings-maths-science-reading

North Korea is a bastardised nation led by a despot who oppresses the people. For anyone to say they prefer North Korea has very little clue what they are talking about.

Korea was split at the end of WWII, ending Japanese rule in the peninsula. The South has thrived as a democratic nation. The North has stagnated under a Communist regime. Unlike Trump's ill-guided plans for the US/Mexico border, there is no wall dividing the countries. Instead, there is the DMZ. The two countries are divided by 2.5 miles (width) of wilderness which is guarded and monitored by around 2 million (yes, that many!) soldiers from both nations. Visiting the border is a tense experience.

I'm not sure how many people, if any, escape to South Korea directly. The common route is to go through China, Russia, or by boat to Japan. The easiest route is through China, but the problems are similar to what Yeongyul has posted. If North Koreans are caught in China by any Chinese officials, they are sent back to North Korea where they are either imprisoned or executed. While I haven't heard of locals harbouring North Koreans as slaves, it wouldn't surprise me. Once in China, the North Koreans try to get to an international embassy - usually Japanese or South Korean. Once inside the embassy, they are aided in their journey to a safer country to live.

Dude, it cost so much less than America to go to the dentist XD
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    AMWhy said:

I'm British, but I live in South Korea. South Korea is a fantastic, modern country with great education, modern amenities, fantastic service and excellent public transportation all with a low tax rate.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/dec/07/world-education-rankings-maths-science-reading

North Korea is a bastardised nation led by a despot who oppresses the people. For anyone to say they prefer North Korea has very little clue what they are talking about.

Korea was split at the end of WWII, ending Japanese rule in the peninsula. The South has thrived as a democratic nation. The North has stagnated under a Communist regime. Unlike Trump's ill-guided plans for the US/Mexico border, there is no wall dividing the countries. Instead, there is the DMZ. The two countries are divided by 2.5 miles (width) of wilderness which is guarded and monitored by around 2 million (yes, that many!) soldiers from both nations. Visiting the border is a tense experience.

I'm not sure how many people, if any, escape to South Korea directly. The common route is to go through China, Russia, or by boat to Japan. The easiest route is through China, but the problems are similar to what Yeongyul has posted. If North Koreans are caught in China by any Chinese officials, they are sent back to North Korea where they are either imprisoned or executed. While I haven't heard of locals harbouring North Koreans as slaves, it wouldn't surprise me. Once in China, the North Koreans try to get to an international embassy - usually Japanese or South Korean. Once inside the embassy, they are aided in their journey to a safer country to live.

But hey, there's nukes
  • SetenSeten The city of England.Member Posts: 351
    Upon reading the title-
    'Uh, no thanks.'