Opinion to Why Deepworld is Dying

2

Comments

  • Demon_OutlawDemon_Outlaw I'd say Iraq but looks a bit like AfghanistanMember Posts: 71
    All of the Above!
    It drama people quit because they either get scammed grifed or they have a life to take care of
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    All of the Above!
    Debator said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Alright listen, I am sick and tired of everyone whining about how 'bad' deepworld has become. And if you say I can't talk because I'm not experienced, I've played since the old texture pack, I've watched PRYMANCER and hugegnome assemble their first shops in times square and I remember being amazed when suddenly a new art style was introduced to the game. So now, let me explain my point of view: deepworld did use to have a more close community, a nicer one, at that, but just because new players have started joining up frequently really doesn't mean that people have to stay exclusive, if we just make an effort to understand and know one another, even the newer players, we can start to recreate that community, honestly, if you think about it, Deepworld isn't 'dying', on the contrary! It's flourishing! People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Secondly, people seem to be constantly hating on the new texture pack, I mean sure, I liked the old one, but I think the new one is so vibrant! It's much more varied too, every block has a different design and the colours are much warmer and exciting! I think it's rather offensive to hammer down (Reinhardt, sorry, I had to) the devs for this new design, they probably worked their asses off creating it and I think it looks wonderful. You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    And last, updates, ok seriously? why is this still an issue? Don't we all know how hard the devs have to work to make them? The amount of coding and designs and effort needed to frequently update the game is immense, and with that, on top of all the de-bugging they have to do, it's probably very difficult for them. Also, deepworld only has to be 'boring' if you let it be, we have so many materials to build with, we have so many things to collect, so many goals you can set for yourself to achieve, there really are many possibilities outside of the hunger for new competitions, new updates, make your own competition for whatever-is-out-there-ruling-over-us' sake.

    So I know people will label me as an optimist or a suckup but actually, I'm just a realist with a bright point of view. So thank you, and goodbye, I'm going to be late for school now, damn it. :)

    While I agree with you on the most part, the fact you like the new graphics doesnt mean I cant [EBL] on it. Neither does the fact that someone put effort into something make it good.
    I liked the old graphics, with how grim they were. The new graphics are too colorful for the serious steampunk apocalypse style the game has.
    The fact you like it, doesnt mean I should, and also doesnt mean I cant complain about it
    The fact you like it, doesnt mean I should, and also doesnt mean I cant complain about it

    Boy that's a logical fallacy if I've ever seen one.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,914
    edited March 15
    All of the Above!
    Aviatrix said:

    People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Pal, I don't think you're seeing the issue here. Sure, you need to get to know the people you're playing with if you want a 'close community'. What we don't have is maturity. A big chunk of the people playing aren't there to make friends, they're playing to troll or their goal becomes to reach a "popular ranking" within the game (and even forum).
    Aviatrix said:

    You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    Okayyy, buddy. You don't like the hunter head, good 2 know. I'm confused here. You joined before the graphics change, but now you're saying you play mostly because you love pretty looking objects. So you're implying that the only reason you choose to stay is because the graphics are pretty???¿¿¿¿
    I think that the graphics are a big part of luring people in to play, but if people played the game solely because they liked the graphics and nothing else, those people would probably quit playing very quickly...
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,024
    edited March 15
    Lack of Updates
    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
    All of the Above!
    Zacywacko said:

    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.

    What am I? Chopped liver?
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    Lack of Updates

    Zacywacko said:

    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.

    What am I? Chopped liver?
    I think that thats a convo you should have in PM

  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 1
    All of the Above!
    Honestly, The old graphics were more fitted to the style deepworld was meant to be. When they added the crappy new graphics, people instantly quit. Like, why couldn't they ask to keep the old graphics. It might have saved half of the community. Many of the old players hated the graphics change and quit. Since then, the players I've been seeing has just been going down and down, sometimes there's not even a world on popular anymore. I blame the graphics changing.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,559
    All of the Above!
    I think that, along the lines of what @p1nkbr0 very eloquently said, the game says it is "steampunk," but it lacks all the criteria of a good steampunk game. I has steam, it has gears, and it has machines, but it has nothing to separarte it from a desultory, superficial attempt at a neat looking game and something that truly is steampunk. Steampunk involves complicated mechanics, massive high-tech machines that miraculously run on steam, and a murky, polluted world where the cities are grim and the wasteland is polluted and deadly. What does deepworld have? A couple machines with no use? Switches and signs that need to spawn animals to do anything complex? A world of dirt, occasional acid rain and a pool of acid? Where are the massive machines? Where is the groggy, toxic wastelands where are the derelict cities and factories of the old world?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited March 16
    All of the Above!
    PIPTR0 said:

    I think that, along the lines of what @p1nkbr0 very eloquently said, the game says it is "steampunk," but it lacks all the criteria of a good steampunk game. I has steam, it has gears, and it has machines, but it has nothing to separarte it from a desultory, superficial attempt at a neat looking game and something that truly is steampunk. Steampunk involves complicated mechanics, massive high-tech machines that miraculously run on steam, and a murky, polluted world where the cities are grim and the wasteland is polluted and deadly. What does deepworld have? A couple machines with no use? Switches and signs that need to spawn animals to do anything complex? A world of dirt, occasional acid rain and a pool of acid? Where are the massive machines? Where is the groggy, toxic wastelands where are the derelict cities and factories of the old world?

    You hit the nail on the head. Deepworld isn't steampunk, it's steampunk-inspired It's a 2D crafting/survival (enough of those by now?) with some steampunk thrown in. But it's not steampunk from the ground up anymore, and I think that's where the game is lost.
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,649
    edited March 16
    All of the Above!
    Dracul said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Alright listen, I am sick and tired of everyone whining about how 'bad' deepworld has become. And if you say I can't talk because I'm not experienced, I've played since the old texture pack, I've watched PRYMANCER and hugegnome assemble their first shops in times square and I remember being amazed when suddenly a new art style was introduced to the game. So now, let me explain my point of view: deepworld did use to have a more close community, a nicer one, at that, but just because new players have started joining up frequently really doesn't mean that people have to stay exclusive, if we just make an effort to understand and know one another, even the newer players, we can start to recreate that community, honestly, if you think about it, Deepworld isn't 'dying', on the contrary! It's flourishing! People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Secondly, people seem to be constantly hating on the new texture pack, I mean sure, I liked the old one, but I think the new one is so vibrant! It's much more varied too, every block has a different design and the colours are much warmer and exciting! I think it's rather offensive to hammer down (Reinhardt, sorry, I had to) the devs for this new design, they probably worked their asses off creating it and I think it looks wonderful. You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    And last, updates, ok seriously? why is this still an issue? Don't we all know how hard the devs have to work to make them? The amount of coding and designs and effort needed to frequently update the game is immense, and with that, on top of all the de-bugging they have to do, it's probably very difficult for them. Also, deepworld only has to be 'boring' if you let it be, we have so many materials to build with, we have so many things to collect, so many goals you can set for yourself to achieve, there really are many possibilities outside of the hunger for new competitions, new updates, make your own competition for whatever-is-out-there-ruling-over-us' sake.

    So I know people will label me as an optimist or a suckup but actually, I'm just a realist with a bright point of view. So thank you, and goodbye, I'm going to be late for school now, damn it. :)

    1.) The aforementioned fallacy p1nkbr0 states is true.

    2a.) Yes, updates take a lot of time; but when it takes years to get a new feature in comparison to new items? That's concerning. Especially when it is considered that new features were added in a more constant rate compared to present time.

    2b.) If you're going to use the excuse that "we don't know how hard it is to code a game so you can't complain" then you generalize for everyone. By your logic, you aren't allowed to tell us whether or not the updates are coming by in a regular rate or not because you yourself aren't working on this game. By your logic, only the devs can critique themselves because they are the only ones who know how to work on it. By your logic, other indie games made by a few devs do not exist. +1 fallacy.

    3a.) Just because there still are players joining every minute does not mean that these numbers could be higher; nor does it mean that a majority of these players even stay. +1 fallacy.

    3b.) Don't try to turn this issue around on older players allegedly being exclusive. It's an observable phenomenon that cases like piggyburn became greater in number upon the change to a new art style which catered to a general target rather than a niche target. While people can try to get to know new players this doesn't take into the account that some new players may be more toxic than the average new player in the old art style. +1 fallacy

    4.) Leaving things to do at the hands of the player in the absence of new features seems a bit anti-player. I know this game can be quite interesting to play; but it's a fact that the endgame doesn't take too long to achieve. Once you've fully explored most of the worlds it becomes repetitive. No amount of self goal setting can change that.

    5.) You're an optimistic realist. Good for you, kudos even that you can still enjoy. That doesn't mean other people have to be like you. You are @Aviatrix. You aren't the entire community. If you're sick of people like us saying the "game is dying" then by all means feel that way. Free speech is important; but don't blame the issue on the people who are actively raising the issue just because you don't personally feel that way. That doesn't add anything constructive to the issue. That's just being a selfish jerk. +1 fallacy.


    AH AH AH AH!

    image
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,024
    Lack of Updates

    Zacywacko said:

    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.

    What am I? Chopped liver?
    I don't recall meeting you in game, what's your username?

  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Deepworld is NOT Dying
    Zacywacko said:

    Zacywacko said:

    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.

    What am I? Chopped liver?
    I don't recall meeting you in game, what's your username?

    (CW4)Skully
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,024
    Lack of Updates
    RedMan said:

    Zacywacko said:

    Zacywacko said:

    I'm probably going to quit again soon, I only have 1 friend who still plays. I have to borderline FORCE him to play.

    What am I? Chopped liver?
    I don't recall meeting you in game, what's your username?

    (CW4)Skully
    If this is the case, I honestly thought you stopped playing @Hydroblade29

  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 72
    Deepworld is NOT Dying
    Dracul said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Alright listen, I am sick and tired of everyone whining about how 'bad' deepworld has become. And if you say I can't talk because I'm not experienced, I've played since the old texture pack, I've watched PRYMANCER and hugegnome assemble their first shops in times square and I remember being amazed when suddenly a new art style was introduced to the game. So now, let me explain my point of view: deepworld did use to have a more close community, a nicer one, at that, but just because new players have started joining up frequently really doesn't mean that people have to stay exclusive, if we just make an effort to understand and know one another, even the newer players, we can start to recreate that community, honestly, if you think about it, Deepworld isn't 'dying', on the contrary! It's flourishing! People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Secondly, people seem to be constantly hating on the new texture pack, I mean sure, I liked the old one, but I think the new one is so vibrant! It's much more varied too, every block has a different design and the colours are much warmer and exciting! I think it's rather offensive to hammer down (Reinhardt, sorry, I had to) the devs for this new design, they probably worked their asses off creating it and I think it looks wonderful. You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    And last, updates, ok seriously? why is this still an issue? Don't we all know how hard the devs have to work to make them? The amount of coding and designs and effort needed to frequently update the game is immense, and with that, on top of all the de-bugging they have to do, it's probably very difficult for them. Also, deepworld only has to be 'boring' if you let it be, we have so many materials to build with, we have so many things to collect, so many goals you can set for yourself to achieve, there really are many possibilities outside of the hunger for new competitions, new updates, make your own competition for whatever-is-out-there-ruling-over-us' sake.

    So I know people will label me as an optimist or a suckup but actually, I'm just a realist with a bright point of view. So thank you, and goodbye, I'm going to be late for school now, damn it. :)

    1.) The aforementioned fallacy p1nkbr0 states is true.

    2a.) Yes, updates take a lot of time; but when it takes years to get a new feature in comparison to new items? That's concerning. Especially when it is considered that new features were added in a more constant rate compared to present time.

    2b.) If you're going to use the excuse that "we don't know how hard it is to code a game so you can't complain" then you generalize for everyone. By your logic, you aren't allowed to tell us whether or not the updates are coming by in a regular rate or not because you yourself aren't working on this game. By your logic, only the devs can critique themselves because they are the only ones who know how to work on it. By your logic, other indie games made by a few devs do not exist. +1 fallacy.

    3a.) Just because there still are players joining every minute does not mean that these numbers could be higher; nor does it mean that a majority of these players even stay. +1 fallacy.

    3b.) Don't try to turn this issue around on older players allegedly being exclusive. It's an observable phenomenon that cases like piggyburn became greater in number upon the change to a new art style which catered to a general target rather than a niche target. While people can try to get to know new players this doesn't take into the account that some new players may be more toxic than the average new player in the old art style. +1 fallacy

    4.) Leaving things to do at the hands of the player in the absence of new features seems a bit anti-player. I know this game can be quite interesting to play; but it's a fact that the endgame doesn't take too long to achieve. Once you've fully explored most of the worlds it becomes repetitive. No amount of self goal setting can change that.

    5.) You're an optimistic realist. Good for you, kudos even that you can still enjoy. That doesn't mean other people have to be like you. You are @Aviatrix. You aren't the entire community. If you're sick of people like us saying the "game is dying" then by all means feel that way. Free speech is important; but don't blame the issue on the people who are actively raising the issue just because you don't personally feel that way. That doesn't add anything constructive to the issue. That's just being a selfish jerk. +1 fallacy.


    well Jesus, you didn't have to be all cold and selfish! I was simply stating my opinion, I wasn't telling anyone else that they're invalid. And I'm not going to reply, let's see, 7 paragraphs (like you have) worth of pointless rebuttal, I mean, do you really think you're going to magically change my mind? I wasn't being rude or offensive to anyone, and if you just needed some excuse to pick an argument and try to critisize every part of someone elses opinion (exactly what you were telling me not to do, hypocrite), that isn't my problem, so please, don't reply to this, I don't want to read it, and have a nice day, I get the issues of deep world but I'm saying try to use this great thing called 'imagination' to create new ways to enjoy the game.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    edited March 18
    All of the Above!
    Aviatrix said:

    Dracul said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Alright listen, I am sick and tired of everyone whining about how 'bad' deepworld has become. And if you say I can't talk because I'm not experienced, I've played since the old texture pack, I've watched PRYMANCER and hugegnome assemble their first shops in times square and I remember being amazed when suddenly a new art style was introduced to the game. So now, let me explain my point of view: deepworld did use to have a more close community, a nicer one, at that, but just because new players have started joining up frequently really doesn't mean that people have to stay exclusive, if we just make an effort to understand and know one another, even the newer players, we can start to recreate that community, honestly, if you think about it, Deepworld isn't 'dying', on the contrary! It's flourishing! People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Secondly, people seem to be constantly hating on the new texture pack, I mean sure, I liked the old one, but I think the new one is so vibrant! It's much more varied too, every block has a different design and the colours are much warmer and exciting! I think it's rather offensive to hammer down (Reinhardt, sorry, I had to) the devs for this new design, they probably worked their asses off creating it and I think it looks wonderful. You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    And last, updates, ok seriously? why is this still an issue? Don't we all know how hard the devs have to work to make them? The amount of coding and designs and effort needed to frequently update the game is immense, and with that, on top of all the de-bugging they have to do, it's probably very difficult for them. Also, deepworld only has to be 'boring' if you let it be, we have so many materials to build with, we have so many things to collect, so many goals you can set for yourself to achieve, there really are many possibilities outside of the hunger for new competitions, new updates, make your own competition for whatever-is-out-there-ruling-over-us' sake.

    So I know people will label me as an optimist or a suckup but actually, I'm just a realist with a bright point of view. So thank you, and goodbye, I'm going to be late for school now, damn it. :)

    1.) The aforementioned fallacy p1nkbr0 states is true.

    2a.) Yes, updates take a lot of time; but when it takes years to get a new feature in comparison to new items? That's concerning. Especially when it is considered that new features were added in a more constant rate compared to present time.

    2b.) If you're going to use the excuse that "we don't know how hard it is to code a game so you can't complain" then you generalize for everyone. By your logic, you aren't allowed to tell us whether or not the updates are coming by in a regular rate or not because you yourself aren't working on this game. By your logic, only the devs can critique themselves because they are the only ones who know how to work on it. By your logic, other indie games made by a few devs do not exist. +1 fallacy.

    3a.) Just because there still are players joining every minute does not mean that these numbers could be higher; nor does it mean that a majority of these players even stay. +1 fallacy.

    3b.) Don't try to turn this issue around on older players allegedly being exclusive. It's an observable phenomenon that cases like piggyburn became greater in number upon the change to a new art style which catered to a general target rather than a niche target. While people can try to get to know new players this doesn't take into the account that some new players may be more toxic than the average new player in the old art style. +1 fallacy

    4.) Leaving things to do at the hands of the player in the absence of new features seems a bit anti-player. I know this game can be quite interesting to play; but it's a fact that the endgame doesn't take too long to achieve. Once you've fully explored most of the worlds it becomes repetitive. No amount of self goal setting can change that.

    5.) You're an optimistic realist. Good for you, kudos even that you can still enjoy. That doesn't mean other people have to be like you. You are @Aviatrix. You aren't the entire community. If you're sick of people like us saying the "game is dying" then by all means feel that way. Free speech is important; but don't blame the issue on the people who are actively raising the issue just because you don't personally feel that way. That doesn't add anything constructive to the issue. That's just being a selfish jerk. +1 fallacy.


    well Jesus, you didn't have to be all cold and selfish! I was simply stating my opinion, I wasn't telling anyone else that they're invalid. And I'm not going to reply, let's see, 7 paragraphs (like you have) worth of pointless rebuttal, I mean, do you really think you're going to magically change my mind? I wasn't being rude or offensive to anyone, and if you just needed some excuse to pick an argument and try to critisize every part of someone elses opinion (exactly what you were telling me not to do, hypocrite), that isn't my problem, so please, don't reply to this, I don't want to read it, and have a nice day, I get the issues of deep world but I'm saying try to use this great thing called 'imagination' to create new ways to enjoy the game.
    And here is another reason deepworld's community is dying. We'd rather dismiss someone because of "negativity" and "arguing" than seek to understand each other's words. This place is so full of double standards that "expressing your opinion" is only socially acceptable when it doesn't go against the grain.

    If Aviatrix actually bothered to read my post, it'd be evident that "imagination" isn't enough to hold up a game. Nor did any part of the post go against criticizing each other. Anyone who knows me knows I actively allow criticism to foster if it's well thought out without biases.

    No matter, this simply adds to the point that the game is declining; and it wouldn't be surprising to realize that Deepworld has past the point of jumping the shark.

    The most helpful reviews of this game on Steam state that buyers would spend their money better getting Terraria because of the game's numerous paywalls and lack of depth; and if that doesn't turn the potential player off, the pride, bigotry, and complacency of a big part of its community will.

    Edited to Add: It's fine to enjoy the game at it's current state; but allowing it to plateau and antagonizing those asking for newer content just stifles progress. Not everyone can enjoy this game for the long periods other people have had. As a result, stagnancy will result in its community more often than not.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    All of the Above!

    I think its because of the bad customer service. But hey that's just me.

    We know.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 932
    All of the Above!

    I think its because of the bad customer service. But hey that's just me.


    Why are you back troll?

    @lisa
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Lack of Updates

    I aint no troll, just cos you take the slightest offence at anyone complaining about bytebin. I was a customer with a solvable problem that lisa decided not to solve. Its fine now though, I mean the moneys already been stolen.

    >Its just three dollars.

    >"I give up" [leaves]

    >Comes back to complain about people.

    >Spends another three dollars.

    >"my money was stolen".

    I still don't see the logic behind this. Do you want attention now? Or is your pride so damaged due to the fact that you couldn't follow basic instructions to REGISTER your account that you feel the need to "redeem" yourself?
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 72
    edited March 19
    Deepworld is NOT Dying
    Dracul said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Dracul said:

    Aviatrix said:

    Alright listen, I am sick and tired of everyone whining about how 'bad' deepworld has become. And if you say I can't talk because I'm not experienced, I've played since the old texture pack, I've watched PRYMANCER and hugegnome assemble their first shops in times square and I remember being amazed when suddenly a new art style was introduced to the game. So now, let me explain my point of view: deepworld did use to have a more close community, a nicer one, at that, but just because new players have started joining up frequently really doesn't mean that people have to stay exclusive, if we just make an effort to understand and know one another, even the newer players, we can start to recreate that community, honestly, if you think about it, Deepworld isn't 'dying', on the contrary! It's flourishing! People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Secondly, people seem to be constantly hating on the new texture pack, I mean sure, I liked the old one, but I think the new one is so vibrant! It's much more varied too, every block has a different design and the colours are much warmer and exciting! I think it's rather offensive to hammer down (Reinhardt, sorry, I had to) the devs for this new design, they probably worked their asses off creating it and I think it looks wonderful. You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    And last, updates, ok seriously? why is this still an issue? Don't we all know how hard the devs have to work to make them? The amount of coding and designs and effort needed to frequently update the game is immense, and with that, on top of all the de-bugging they have to do, it's probably very difficult for them. Also, deepworld only has to be 'boring' if you let it be, we have so many materials to build with, we have so many things to collect, so many goals you can set for yourself to achieve, there really are many possibilities outside of the hunger for new competitions, new updates, make your own competition for whatever-is-out-there-ruling-over-us' sake.

    So I know people will label me as an optimist or a suckup but actually, I'm just a realist with a bright point of view. So thank you, and goodbye, I'm going to be late for school now, damn it. :)

    1.) The aforementioned fallacy p1nkbr0 states is true.

    2a.) Yes, updates take a lot of time; but when it takes years to get a new feature in comparison to new items? That's concerning. Especially when it is considered that new features were added in a more constant rate compared to present time.

    2b.) If you're going to use the excuse that "we don't know how hard it is to code a game so you can't complain" then you generalize for everyone. By your logic, you aren't allowed to tell us whether or not the updates are coming by in a regular rate or not because you yourself aren't working on this game. By your logic, only the devs can critique themselves because they are the only ones who know how to work on it. By your logic, other indie games made by a few devs do not exist. +1 fallacy.

    3a.) Just because there still are players joining every minute does not mean that these numbers could be higher; nor does it mean that a majority of these players even stay. +1 fallacy.

    3b.) Don't try to turn this issue around on older players allegedly being exclusive. It's an observable phenomenon that cases like piggyburn became greater in number upon the change to a new art style which catered to a general target rather than a niche target. While people can try to get to know new players this doesn't take into the account that some new players may be more toxic than the average new player in the old art style. +1 fallacy

    4.) Leaving things to do at the hands of the player in the absence of new features seems a bit anti-player. I know this game can be quite interesting to play; but it's a fact that the endgame doesn't take too long to achieve. Once you've fully explored most of the worlds it becomes repetitive. No amount of self goal setting can change that.

    5.) You're an optimistic realist. Good for you, kudos even that you can still enjoy. That doesn't mean other people have to be like you. You are @Aviatrix. You aren't the entire community. If you're sick of people like us saying the "game is dying" then by all means feel that way. Free speech is important; but don't blame the issue on the people who are actively raising the issue just because you don't personally feel that way. That doesn't add anything constructive to the issue. That's just being a selfish jerk. +1 fallacy.


    well Jesus, you didn't have to be all cold and selfish! I was simply stating my opinion, I wasn't telling anyone else that they're invalid. And I'm not going to reply, let's see, 7 paragraphs (like you have) worth of pointless rebuttal, I mean, do you really think you're going to magically change my mind? I wasn't being rude or offensive to anyone, and if you just needed some excuse to pick an argument and try to critisize every part of someone elses opinion (exactly what you were telling me not to do, hypocrite), that isn't my problem, so please, don't reply to this, I don't want to read it, and have a nice day, I get the issues of deep world but I'm saying try to use this great thing called 'imagination' to create new ways to enjoy the game.
    And here is another reason deepworld's community is dying. We'd rather dismiss someone because of "negativity" and "arguing" than seek to understand each other's words. This place is so full of double standards that "expressing your opinion" is only socially acceptable when it doesn't go against the grain.

    If Aviatrix actually bothered to read my post, it'd be evident that "imagination" isn't enough to hold up a game. Nor did any part of the post go against criticizing each other. Anyone who knows me knows I actively allow criticism to foster if it's well thought out without biases.

    No matter, this simply adds to the point that the game is declining; and it wouldn't be surprising to realize that Deepworld has past the point of jumping the shark.

    The most helpful reviews of this game on Steam state that buyers would spend their money better getting Terraria because of the game's numerous paywalls and lack of depth; and if that doesn't turn the potential player off, the pride, bigotry, and complacency of a big part of its community will.

    Edited to Add: It's fine to enjoy the game at it's current state; but allowing it to plateau and antagonizing those asking for newer content just stifles progress. Not everyone can enjoy this game for the long periods other people have had. As a result, stagnancy will result in its community more often than not.
    Seriously? just Seriously? If you're oblivious to the fact that I'd simply prefer you not to be a contradictive narcassist about my opinion or be a hypocrite, that's irritating. I'll say it AGAIN. Please. do. not. reply! I simply did what this poll told me to do and what others were doing: state my opinion.
    Don't reply, you really ruined my weekend.
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 72
    Deepworld is NOT Dying
    ipads said:

    Aviatrix said:

    People join every minute! We just have to try to get to know them, that's the only way we'll be able to try and recreate such a close community.

    Pal, I don't think you're seeing the issue here. Sure, you need to get to know the people you're playing with if you want a 'close community'. What we don't have is maturity. A big chunk of the people playing aren't there to make friends, they're playing to troll or their goal becomes to reach a "popular ranking" within the game (and even forum).
    Aviatrix said:

    You see, I play deepworld mostly because I have a huge love of pretty objects, so things like the Red fancy lamp, beaded lamp, blue fancy lamp, poison and turtle shell really appeal to me, I think they're very beautiful and I have actually built my own blue fancy lamp in real life from a few things I found around the house. So my goal in deepworld isn't to get super rich or find tonnes of onyx and I actually despise the Hunter head and notch (so ugly, holy crap).

    Okayyy, buddy. You don't like the hunter head, good 2 know. I'm confused here. You joined before the graphics change, but now you're saying you play mostly because you love pretty looking objects. So you're implying that the only reason you choose to stay is because the graphics are pretty???¿¿¿¿
    I think that the graphics are a big part of luring people in to play, but if people played the game solely because they liked the graphics and nothing else, those people would probably quit playing very quickly...
    Listen I agree that so many players are incredibly immature, and I did expect a whole bunch of people to come and, for no reason apart from delusionally thinking they can magically change my mind, be cold and contradictive of my personal opinion but still, all we can do is try to fish out the people who join who ARE kind and smart! And secondly, the graphics were still nice before they changed and I didn't stay because of the graphics alone, I just enjoy the collecting and trading aspects of the game, and yeah, perhaps I did stay mostly because I thought some items were pretty, but that's my personal opinion and I'd prefer it if you didn't act like I'm an idiot for thinking something different to you. :)
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    edited March 19
    Decreasing Community
    I'd say "degrading" community. It's not what it used to be.
    On top of that, every single concept, that I loved and had compassion for this game was drastically changed.
    Hand drawn art? Changed into some cartoony, low quality graphics that make hats and other cosmetics overlap, mess up your clothes during emotes, overlapping objects. MY SHOES AND LEGS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE CUT IN HALF!
    Community? Ruined by the overwhelming toxicity of many newer players, who joined a few months ago, but are so "hardcore" that are already on high levels. You know what: I'll say it. Sometimes I think they don't have lives.
    Exploring? Boredom and dungeon stealing became popular.
    Building? Non-rewarded waste of time, which requires constant resources for the protectors.

    I'm sick of this. Like @p1nkbr0 said, the graphics and HUD don't even fit the game's setting! The game used to be more mature, and now it's more colorful than Growtopia! Comon, that's what it was known for! The delightful darkness and grayness of the graphics. It was known for it's hand drawn art.

    And to everyone who thinks it is not dying: WAKE UP! Look around! Don't you remember how it thrived? How beautiful it was? How people played all year long? Spring break is here! Students in high schools and middle schools are free of homework and most of their tasks! They should have been playing by now, don't you think?
    mofc1991 said:

    i don't even know why people think it's dying.to me it's fine

    And you probably have not seen it before. Trust me, you would notice the change.

  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,914
    All of the Above!
    Aviatrix said:


    Seriously? just Seriously? If you're oblivious to the fact that I'd simply prefer you not to be a contradictive narcassist about my opinion or be a hypocrite, that's irritating. I'll say it AGAIN. Please. do. not. reply! I simply did what this poll told me to do and what others were doing: state my opinion.
    Don't reply, you really ruined my weekend.

    If @Dracul's comment ruined your weekend, then oh boy, welcome to the internet. You've got a big storm a comin'.
    Aviatrix said:


    Listen I agree that so many players are incredibly immature, and I did expect a whole bunch of people to come and, for no reason apart from delusionally thinking they can magically change my mind, be cold and contradictive of my personal opinion but still, all we can do is try to fish out the people who join who ARE kind and smart! And secondly, the graphics were still nice before they changed and I didn't stay because of the graphics alone, I just enjoy the collecting and trading aspects of the game, and yeah, perhaps I did stay mostly because I thought some items were pretty, but that's my personal opinion and I'd prefer it if you didn't act like I'm an idiot for thinking something different to you. :)

    I never thought you were an idiot, I said I was confused. You can't comment on a thread and expect people not to reply or disagree with you. You need to learn how to handle criticism if you're going to be on the internet .-.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Decreasing Community
    ipads said:

    Aviatrix said:


    Seriously? just Seriously? If you're oblivious to the fact that I'd simply prefer you not to be a contradictive narcassist about my opinion or be a hypocrite, that's irritating. I'll say it AGAIN. Please. do. not. reply! I simply did what this poll told me to do and what others were doing: state my opinion.
    Don't reply, you really ruined my weekend.

    If @Dracul's comment ruined your weekend, then oh boy, welcome to the internet. You've got a big storm a comin'.
    Aviatrix said:


    Listen I agree that so many players are incredibly immature, and I did expect a whole bunch of people to come and, for no reason apart from delusionally thinking they can magically change my mind, be cold and contradictive of my personal opinion but still, all we can do is try to fish out the people who join who ARE kind and smart! And secondly, the graphics were still nice before they changed and I didn't stay because of the graphics alone, I just enjoy the collecting and trading aspects of the game, and yeah, perhaps I did stay mostly because I thought some items were pretty, but that's my personal opinion and I'd prefer it if you didn't act like I'm an idiot for thinking something different to you. :)

    I never thought you were an idiot, I said I was confused. You can't comment on a thread and expect people not to reply or disagree with you. You need to learn how to handle criticism if you're going to be on the internet .-.
    iPads is right mate. Just because someone is criticizing you, there is no reason to complain about it, or think that your weekend is ruined.
    Dracul didn't do anything wrong and neither did you. You guys should stop being THIS defensive. I understand that the dw forums is a place for soft hearted people, but just because someone said something you don't like, you don't have to get SO depressed and pour it on them.

  • IamGhostIamGhost Member Posts: 7
    All of the Above!
    I started Deepworld in November of 2013. I seen it in a advert within another game, and as soon as the advert ended... I rushed to the App Store to install it. I binge played the living sh#t out of it. I earned a blue crow, a ass load of rares, clothes, and other goodies. But even since the release of the dreaded... Ugh... 2.0 updates... I've just lost my lust for this game. 1st off, and probably the most controversial issue, texture change. Biggest mistake they made, I hate it. I can't wear half the clothes I've collected because how AWFUL the redesign ( probably misspelled that ) was. Every thing looks so childish a nowhere near as immersive. Too colorful and less grimy.

    2nd issue, lack of updates, the redesigned everything to not bring a single thing interesting right alongside it. Yeah yeah, all these new rares, forget them. That's not enough to keep me immersed.

    And since the texture update and the lack of updates has come along... I've lost many friends that I've met and got to know though this game. Like Millicent, CowboySwag, and Lilsnipe to just to name a few ( btw, friend all these guys, they don't play much anymore but you guys should still show them some love ). Ever since the change of the texture, this game doesn't stick with me anymore. They need to put that whole Android port bs to the side and feed this community with new content, and more mechanics. And as pointless as it may be to say, but they need to bring back the old design, the thing that drawn in the original player base and what made many many many people want to play. If any body who reads this and agrees, say what needs to be said.
  • IamGhostIamGhost Member Posts: 7
    All of the Above!
    I took a screenshot a few years ago of my character entering north market ( best market world btw ), for some reason, but I'm glad I did. And I got the urge to redo the screenshot, and I was heart broken on how much it changed. Downright disappointed. Tell me if you agree.
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 867K
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 854K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 806
    All of the Above!
    IamGhost said:

    I took a screenshot a few years ago of my character entering north market ( best market world btw ), for some reason, but I'm glad I did. And I got the urge to redo the screenshot, and I was heart broken on how much it changed. Downright disappointed. Tell me if you agree.

    Bit of a gravedig but I completely agree.

    This game was really fun back in the old days and the art was super fresh and new, something I hadn't really been exposed to before. But like most games they slowly burn out, I found personally there just wasn't enough new content and stuff like oceans announced 3 years ago never coming out really irked me. Also with the release of the expensive market item released I witnessed popular markets like North Market die out and Times Square become the only usable worth-while market and North was left griefed. It was disappointing and at this point Deepworld feels like its in a hiatus rather than dying. In my opinion the lack of new content and the repetitive content as well as the overall ingame fan base kind of led me to not having a deep passion to play, not to mention I don't have an Ipad anymore and the Windows PC version of Deepworld is horrendous and unplayable at its current state and has been for as long as it's been released. Deepworld needs a serious polish and asset implementation update if it wants to ever again show up in the popular charts and be well known. I understand the dev's have jobs and are doing what they can to scrape by but this game could easily be popular game if the devs came together and started releasing a lot more content as well as adding things that brought reason to spend money in the shop and creating a stable version of the game on not only android but PC and other large platforms.

    My #1 recommendation to Laurence is get in touch with Sony and Microsoft and see if they would be able to port Deepworld to Xbox and Playstation. If they could make that happen we could easily see Bytebin hit high in the gaming charts.

    Anyways, that's just my take on things, thanks for reading.
Sign In or Register to comment.