Genesis (again)

EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,689
Wall of text, tl;dr at the bottom.

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact I have worlds that will never see love unless I enlist help.
So, here I am, humbly asking you to help me bring some life to some abandoned projects.

Frontier (previously Halcyon Peaks) was originally a world I bought as a "Let's have a Guild Party" moment, and we quickly finished exploring the world.
Left to rest for the last 3 and a bit years, I revisited the world recently and I've finally been inspired as to what to build thanks to @racerdog.
Following a competition I did last year, I used Halycon Peak as a "drop off" point for prizes. As a thank you, @racerdog left a simple, yet stunningly elegant airship.
After sitting on that said airship for a good fifteen minutes pondering about Deepworld and the current state of things and what in game community projects could help breath some life back into the game, I finally remembered Genesis.

Something I've always acknowledged about Deepworld was its potential for an amazing Role Playing experience, somewhat akin to (dare I say it), minecraft adventure maps, or a classic RPG experience.
And so I started Genesis.
Genesis was a project I started in late 2014, but sadly had to abandon in 2015 because of health issues. I burnt out quite severely, and also took a break from DW for a while.

A lot of Deepworld's attraction stemmed from its unique post apocalyptic steampunk role playing game style. I want to preserve that style.
These worlds would hopefully be a hub for immersion and role-playing.
Genesis is a project looking at creating a series of interconnected Role Playing worlds, each with its own unique challenge, that when defeated by the community allows access to the next.

Is it going to be easy? No.
Will it achieve anything? Maybe, maybe not.
But will it give us a goal? This is what I hope.

I would love to see Guilds getting involved. Remember when the guild was everything? And Richlands PvP was the battlefield of many a guild war.
I remember way back to the days of the United Deepworld Guild Alliance. Imagine if we could kickstart it back to life.
Remember Project: Akatsuki - the system we players proposed to take on newer players as apprentices, to help teach them how to play the game, and help them hit the ground running.

So Guild leaders, I want to ask you to help. I have a Temperate biome that I would love to see turned into a guild embassy where new players could visit to find a guild to join. I'm happy to give each guild leader a chunk of land to turn into a embassy building.

Remember the days when capitalism and personal gain weren't the focus of Deepworld, but seeing who could build the biggest, most impressive structures or complete the craziest challenges. Things like @KaitB's dragons, and @toadlover's clockwork marvels! Or what about @darklord11's amazing Pangaea and all the craziness that was to cross without a jetpack!

So builders, I want to ask you for help too. I lack a lot of the creativity and vision needed for a project of this scale.
At the moment, I'm desperate to do something to kick us back into action, so I'm willing to let anyone join as a helper.
I'm looking for world project leaders, and builders to help them out.

World project leaders would pick a theme, and then they and their team of builders would work to create a world based around that theme.
Each world would have 2 leaders ideally.
Anyone can help.
In order to address the issue of griefing:
World leaders need to have been a member of the forums for at least a year, and have a good reputation as of late.
People helping on the project get two chances. You break the trust of the team, you get a warning and go on probation for an undisclosed period.
Grief again, and you're out.

So, where are we at now?
Currently we have three worlds available. If you think you can contribute to these worlds in any way, then let me know.

1. Avant Heim (First Home), a world themed in "Pre apocalypse" style. This is the starting point of Genesis, and will act as the hub to all other worlds.
The majority of buildings in this world are restored "ruins". There will be a gigantic maze full of challenges below the world as its immersion factor, as well as eventual conversion to a market world.

I'm the World project leader for Avant Heim, and would definitely welcome helpers.

2. Frontier, an arctic world. I envision Frontier as a a series of Skyports, separated by frozen wilderness. A series of havens for the hardy explorers who brave the harsh northlands. Airships aplenty.
I'm looking for someone to take over this world project for me. (And they'll need helpers)

Finally (or firstly), 0: The Hall of Beginnings - a mini temperate world.
The embassy for guilds. I'd like to assign each guild a 50x50 area to construct a compact embassy that contains about the guild and information on who to
contact to join.

If @lxly is still willing after all my neglect, I'd appreciate you returning as one of the world leaders.

Upon the completion of each world, the builders will have their details immortalised at the world spawn.

So.
If you're interested, let me know.
Confession now: I'm going to be pretty busy for the next two months with my thesis, so I'll most likely be doing admin work on the project and helping out in Avant.

TL;DR:
Massive world project.
Is going to be awesome.
Need helpers.
Need Guilds.
Please help revive Deepworld.
I love you all.

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,689
    My apologies, forgot someone @ChatotTheParrot I elect you world leader for Northern Ranges, another Arctic world we have going. I'm sure you can recruit your own helpers? ;)
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    Everywhen said:

My apologies, forgot someone @ChatotTheParrot I elect you world leader for Northern Ranges, another Arctic world we have going. I'm sure you can recruit your own helpers? ;)

Sure thing! Got anything planned?

And the guild of Team Rocket shall back you! (tho I'm pretty sure it's just me lol)

Everywhen said:

Sure thing! Got anything planned?

And the guild of Team Rocket shall back you! (tho I'm pretty sure it's just me lol)
    Go crazy just don't kill my house
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    Everywhen said:

Go crazy [gets rid of some words here] kill my house

Yes sir!
    ---
    I'll think of ideas soon.

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,549
    I'm not active enough to be a leader, but I would like to be a helper/builder for Frontier.
    IGN: PIPTR0
    Awesome!
    I went to bed sorry hahaha.
    I'll add you to the list when I get on my computer today
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,449
    I'm down to help build, it's been quite a while since I've been online lol

• LexiLexi EastMember Posts: 259
    Avant Heim , such a god tier world. So so good. I'm glad this is happening, I'll help but I'm not great but I'll try my hardest.
    edited March 6
    Its great to see such a good response. People wanting to help out, please sign up here to help me keep track of things.

https://goo.gl/forms/HQpP1aWF7yv8gKIz1
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
    yoyo i help kk
  • racerdogracerdog Member Posts: 66
    I'm happy to be a helper/builder where ever you need me.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,220
    edited March 7
    I have a guild, I can join.

I can also build.

IGN: Globe
    edited March 8

I'll start adding people to worlds soon.

@Lexi what's your ign? I feel like I know this, but it's slipping past my memory atm
    Post edited by Everywhen on
    Also, @PIPTR0
    @Racerdog
    @Rasen_Kyugan_Fox

would you like to share leadership?
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
    Yes please!
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 110
    edited March 10
    Heyo I'm not very active on the forums and usually in my private worlds but I'm a pretty decent builder and I am intrested in the Rpg world Idea I would love to help out if I can, Ign itsjustketchup cough cough just did the sign up didn't realize it was there:P
    Post edited by Itsjustketchup on
  • LexiLexi EastMember Posts: 259
    @Everywhen My IGN is Eden :)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,549
    I'm not active enough for any leadership.