Is Deepworld dying

is deepworld Dying? Pls comment if u think so and why u think it's dying

Comments

• FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,335
    It's not dying, you are just getting bored of it.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,230
    No, most people that play have school/work this time of year, so less people are online
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 711
    edited March 9
    No. Can we stop these posts? They're just cluttering up the front page now.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 590
    vmh20 said:

People are obviously bothered by the fact dw is going down. Dont look a the posts if you dont like them. People are passionate about this, and should be able to discuss it
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,448
    Debator said:

Its dieing.

FreshX said:

Thats the reason its dieing, pretty obvious

No, most people that play have school/work this time of year, so less people are online

Well, there are weekends also, and that means people can play. I didnt see a huge influx in players during christmas, either
    most people have exams and study even during the weekends
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

Its dieing.

FreshX said:

Well, there are weekends also, and that means people can play. I didnt see a huge influx in players during christmas, either
    I guess I'm not most people. Even when I was in school I never had an exam or studied on the weekend.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

Debator said:

Its dieing.

FreshX said:

I guess I'm not most people. Even when I was in school I never had an exam or studied on the weekend.
    Closest iv'e ever gotten to an "weekend Exam" would be a take-home test.
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,469

Closest iv'e ever gotten to an "weekend Exam" would be a take-home test.

I've had a final exam scheduled at 8:00 AM on a Saturday before. Just when ya thought something couldn't be done, University finds a way to make it possible :tired_face:
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 711
    Debator said:

vmh20 said:

People are obviously bothered by the fact dw is going down. Dont look a the posts if you dont like them. People are passionate about this, and should be able to discuss it
    But we don't need a billion posts, just one and discuss.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 359
    Deepworld isn't dying it's just people are using bad language and aren't being as friendly.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,767
    mofc1991 said:

Deepworld isn't dying it's just people are using bad language and aren't being as friendly.

So it is dying because people quit from the toxic community.
    Em
    It's not dying though is it. Considering there is only 2 devs it's hard to do updates.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    edited March 11
    Will be honest with you, yes. Yes it is. And when people say "during this time of year ppl are busy" that isn't true. I played during school years and I will tell you, people used to play it a lot.
    But now, the toxic in-game player "aristocracy" (meaning some of the popular players, and yes I would name them all if I were allowed to) layed off the players who were only playing dw for socializing (usually these people were pros). Players who played for mining and just for te game itself soon got bored, new players get bored even sooner.

So without the old players, new players and the ones that play for fun, dw is left with only those toxic players, players who constantly force themselves to go mine, and rarely newcomers who leave the game after 4-5 days of playing. Yes, deepworld has been slowly, but surely going down the drain after 2016.
    mofc1991 said:

It's not dying though is it. Considering there is only 2 devs it's hard to do updates.

Also what you just said means "the game is dying because 2 devs is too little to manage the game."
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,448

Will be honest with you, yes. Yes it is. And when people say "during this time of year ppl are busy" that isn't true. I played during school years and I will tell you, people used to play it a lot.
    But now, the toxic in-game player "aristocracy" (meaning some of the popular players, and yes I would name them all if I were allowed to) layed off the players who were only playing dw for socializing (usually these people were pros). Players who played for mining and just for te game itself soon got bored, new players get bored even sooner.

So without the old players, new players and the ones that play for fun, dw is left with only those toxic players, players who constantly force themselves to go mine, and rarely newcomers who leave the game after 4-5 days of playing. Yes, deepworld has been slowly, but surely going down the drain after 2016.

mofc1991 said:

Also what you just said means "the game is dying because 2 devs is too little to manage the game."
    You are allowed to name who you want, just watch out for those powerful ones who have spies and assassins.
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedMember Posts: 705
    Its not dying. New players are enjoying the game to the same extent we all did when we started.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    See a lot of newbies on Times Square all the time
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 976
    Retta said:

I think people are making alts and asking for free stuff and pretending to be new.
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedMember Posts: 705
    derpdee said:

Retta said:

I think people are making alts and asking for free stuff and pretending to be new.
    I have been though H.M.S. many times and I can say that there are a few alts every now and them, but most of them are genuine people who are starting out.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    https://trends.google.com.au/trends/explore?q=Deepworld

Here is your answer, and the answer is yes.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 590

The fact that people dont google deepworld that much doesnt mean its dead. I think you jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    edited March 31
    Debator said:

The fact that people dont google deepworld that much doesnt mean its dead. I think you jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly
    The fact that you assume that's just google results means you're jumping to conclusions too quickly.

There is also the fact that Google Doesn't register Deepworld as a Game and can only register it as a search result is another thing.

As well if you bothered to look at how the chart works you'd see that the popularity of the game is declining and is pretty much at it's lowest it's ever been since December 2012. I'm not saying these are exact figures, but it's a pretty clear sign the game is in decline and you'd have to be mad to refuse this evidence.

Unless the developers would like to step forward and say "Nah we're actually doing better than we were in terms of players than we were in July 2014" or december 2015 -janurary 2016. It's pretty clear evidence. The peaks up and down are pretty accurate representations of when more people are able to play.

Line it up with any other game and you'll see the same thing happening (Unless the game is new or is still gaining popularity eg warframe which still manages to climb in popularity). Even looking at youtube channels you'll see the same thing going on.

I mean if you want to believe the game isn't dying thats up to you, but it's sure as hell losing popularity.
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,307

Debator said:

The fact that you assume that's just google results means you're jumping to conclusions too quickly.

There is also the fact that Google Doesn't register Deepworld as a Game and can only register it as a search result is another thing.

As well if you bothered to look at how the chart works you'd see that the popularity of the game is declining and is pretty much at it's lowest it's ever been since December 2012. I'm not saying these are exact figures, but it's a pretty clear sign the game is in decline and you'd have to be mad to refuse this evidence.

Unless the developers would like to step forward and say "Nah we're actually doing better than we were in terms of players than we were in July 2014" or december 2015 -janurary 2016. It's pretty clear evidence. The peaks up and down are pretty accurate representations of when more people are able to play.

Line it up with any other game and you'll see the same thing happening (Unless the game is new or is still gaining popularity eg warframe which still manages to climb in popularity). Even looking at youtube channels you'll see the same thing going on.

I mean if you want to believe the game isn't dying thats up to you, but it's sure as hell losing popularity.
    hey where did you come from?

Debator said:

hey where did you come from?
    The closet.
    Putting it at best, Deepworld has been in decline for at least a year (Start if 2016 was the last major peak) and at worst, up to 2 and a half years (July 2014 was the highest popularity give or take). If I remember correctly, I stopped playing about 2 years ago.

Games come and go, popularity fades, hype dies down, bad development choices are made, unexpected delays, target audience changes its perspectives. All these things lead to the decline of a game.

Heres what I think is why, deepworld, at its heart, is an MMO. But the target audience is aimed at those around the age of 10-16 give or take (not saying there aren't people who are older who enjoy it not to mention the "13+ years" age restriction). Are those ages interested in MMO's? Being completely honest nope, not really. They'd rather go play minecraft or terraria with their buddies.

Another core issue is well.. Deepworld as I remember it, well, You got loot and it's yours alone, kids want to be able to play with their friends from school, and nobody really has groups of friends all with iPhones/ iPads at that age. It's a great aspect to try and make new friends online but.. Yea.. I think we've all played a game knowing nobody and you kinda just played it and got invited to a squad or guild or clan or whatever the game called it, but you never really felt like you knew anyone... Well for a lot of people that's deepworld, it feels like a single player MMO.

At it's height, deepworld was amazing, the community was amazing, peoples creations were amazing.. But changes to the game caused core members of the community to leave, others left due to toxic players, and more left because those others left.

A leak becomes a trickle,
    A trickle becomes a flow,
    A flow becomes a stream,
    A stream becomes a torrent.

When all your friends leave a game, is there any point in staying yourself? There aren't enough people to fill the places of those who left, so the game loses popularity, which means the devs can't develop as much as they like which means the game falls apart.

Believe me, it's not just Deepworld losing popularity. Quite a few others are too. Just look at the state of the Junk Jack forums, we're lucky to see 30 posts a week, and even then it's mainly moderators and older users. And even then most of us don't really play the game any more. I hate to think how the Block Heads are going, or any other minecraft/ Terraria like game is fairing.