Hacking

RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 310
edited March 23 in Questions
@lisa seriously I hear of ppl getting hacked all the time. Does it really happen or is it just negligence on some ppls part, like giving away pass

Comments

• RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 310
    Thx for reply, that's what I figured
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 2,830
    Hacking is technically a very hard and complex process, it has only been done to Deepworld once or twice in the history of Deepworld, once to test how hack-able Deepworld is. If one were to hack the game, the servers would know it instantly, and besides, real hackers aim for money, not virtual objects
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    edited March 23
    lisa said:

Kids use the word hacking to mean "someone not me using my account". This almost 100% happens when they share passwords.

The "almost 100%" made my day. xD
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,059

lisa said:

Kids use the word hacking to mean "someone not me using my account". This almost 100% happens when they share passwords.

The "almost 100%" made my day. xD
    :D I try.
    @RedMan thx for the info!
    RedMan said:

Hacking is technically a very hard and complex process, it has only been done to Deepworld once or twice in the history of Deepworld, once to test how hack-able Deepworld is. If one were to hack the game, the servers would know it instantly, and besides, real hackers aim for money, not virtual objects

I am curious about these one or two times, as I don't recall them.
    lisa said:

RedMan said:

I believe Mike knows about it, unless he forgot too..

It was a certain experienced player who tried to test how hackable deepworld was, I believe, and actually did.

Don't quote me on it, though, maybe my memory is crude
    It just sounds like something I would not only not forget but be very aware of. And would have been all over the forums. Interesting.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,149
    RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

It was a certain experienced player who tried to test how hackable deepworld was, I believe, and actually did.

Well there was that time where Deepworld was being glitchy and people were accidentally being logged into an account that wasn't theirs. Maybe that was what you were thinking of?

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

Well there was that time where Deepworld was being glitchy and people were accidentally being logged into an account that wasn't theirs. Maybe that was what you were thinking of?
    Just forget it, it's pretty far back.
  • DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 472
    RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

I believe Mike knows about it, unless he forgot too...

I have been on the forums from 2013 and I never saw such thing tbh. Youve only been here for 3 months...
    edited March 26
    Double post. Added double cheese for @NightTheKidDW
    Post edited by Debator on
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

I have been on the forums from 2013 and I never saw such thing tbh. Youve only been here for 3 months...
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

Y u double post. Y u no double cheese.
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

It was in-game, not on forum
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

I think it would be widespread on the forums
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

RedMan said:

lisa said:

RedMan said:

I think it would be widespread on the forums
    Not much people knew about it, though.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 976
    I remember hearing about the game being ddosed (not sure if that was true.)
    When you say someone 'hacked the game,' do you mean that they hacked in items, or something else.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,441
    Cmon you guys, don't you know Redman here is a developer as well? /s
    edited March 26
    ShiroNai said:

Yes, and I'd rather not talk about the hacking incident, because no one will believe me anyway... what I remember is that a developer (who used to play, but quit now) demonstrated it by hacking into Laurence's account, and as far as I remember, it was he who allowed it to be tested.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,947
    Yeah, I to remember that big hack attack that happened, it was so bad that it almost never happened :-O /s
    RedMan said:

ShiroNai said:

Yes, and I'd rather not talk about the hacking incident, because no one will believe me anyway... what I remember is that a developer (who used to play, but quit now) demonstrated it by hacking into Laurence's account, and as far as I remember, it was he who allowed it to be tested.
    Im pretty sure you just made it up
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

ShiroNai said:

Im pretty sure you just made it up
    Say what you want, I don't even care.
    No one has ever hacked into Mike's, or any of our, accounts. Not sure what you are talking about at all. Also I am pretty sure the DDOS attack was on our provider, not Deepworld specifically.
  • BCBUDDYBCBUDDY Member Posts: 25
    There's a guy flying around a world called 'noob with hacks' is he hacking?
    @lisa ugh sorry I ever asked
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,947
    BCBUDDY said:

There's a guy flying around a world called 'noob with hacks' is he hacking?

Everyone can fly, therefore everyone is a hacker. /s
    Retta said:

@lisa ugh sorry I ever asked

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! ;)
    @lisa sworry
This discussion has been closed.