Lectures of Professor RedMan: Trading in Deepworld

_Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,431
edited March 24 in Gripes and Grins
Trading...
What exactly is Trading? Trading is the exchange of two or more items between two individuals, groups, or even colonies, to the goal of fulfilling the economic, entertainmental, or basic needs of both sides, trading in deepworld makes up a big part of it, which started with the first market worlds in 2012-2013, where big gathering places were set up for people to trade, originally, people could trade in any world, but it was limited to market worlds in a later update to prevent cluttering of offers and whatnot.

Without trading, Deepworld would be catastrophic, all of the found items will lose value, and Deepworld in itself would lose its meaning, as trading is one of the five columns holding Deepworld up: Socializing, Trading, the staff, Exploration, and Crafting...

Trading not only fulfills one's needs, but sometimes it makes friends, when two individuals trade objects that both sides really needed, sometimes the sides will end up talking together and become friends, friends also trade with each other to complete their need for building materials, rare objects, tools, and so on...

As of last year, market worlds have been made purchasable, through the transforming object "The Market Convertor", which was a big step towards the development of trading, but a step towards the abandoning of major trading worlds as North Market, despite its expensive price, people still bought it, in the love of making their worlds very popular markets and in spreading trading, although none survived for over 2 monthes, they still love it.The current leading trading world is Times Square.

Trading is not all white, there is the black spots in it, too. Some players are blinded with trading, and tend to head towards more unacceptable means of attaining the stairs of wealth, as scamming. When oneself trades, he must first ask the existing people about the price of the item he is buying and that of the item he is offering, to assure a safe trade, not only that, he must also be careful with people who change their items to attempt to scam people quickly, like for example, one offers to buy an outling for 5 onyx, he offers the five onyx, and just before the other side offers his outling, the first quickly offers him dirt, so he ends up selling his outling for dirt...

In reality, these virtual items one thrives for are usually meaningless, and it is even more meaningless to scam for them, one should just enjoy how he trades stuff and how he profits from what he has, and one day, through very concentrated and well-planned trading, one could go from North to Notch, Zebra Head to Hunter Head, and so on...

What we learn is that trading is not just a word, but a way of life. And also that we must NOT trade using ways of scamming and ripping off, trade safely and you may not only get a new item, but a new name on your followers list...

Thank you for reading, professor RedMan here, I'm going to eat some sphagetti with meatballs now, your homework is the following: what have YOU learned from this lecture?

ETA: I made this when I was bored, thought it'd be fun.
Post edited by _Brainstorm_ on

Comments

• _DarkPrince__DarkPrince_ (┛°□°) ┛︵ ┻━┻ Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉMember Posts: 125
    So much words I just read the beginning part and liked it
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,431

So much words I just read the beginning part and liked it

Thanks... read the rest if you feel bored.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    edited March 24
    Thank u wise one
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    Retta said:

Thank u wise one

I am just another human, striving to earn a living in this harsh world.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 971
    I wish we could multi trade.
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Are you gonna add any cheese on your spaghetti? Answer me, or I'm calling my strider. SPEAK UP.

Are you gonna add any cheese on your spaghetti? Answer me, or I'm calling my strider. SPEAK UP.

Mother doesn't allow me.
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,332
    I would really appreciate it if we got rid of markets in general. When I first joined, people would go to London, Barking Village and many other places to trade. when markets first opened, it was a hit. It was so amazing that these worlds were forgotten of and no one ever goes back. Once the market converters came, then all markets went downhill. Now that everyone only goes to Times Square, I have to face dozens of people getting in my way and always trying to trade with me. And the lag, oh it's so damn bad. At lease with North Market, not everyone is trolling and we were able to hang out in peace. It's all a mess now and nobody wants to fix it. It is truly unfortunate. It truly is.
    FreshX said:

I would really appreciate it if we got rid of markets in general. When I first joined, people would go to London, Barking Village and many other places to trade. when markets first opened, it was a hit. It was so amazing that these worlds were forgotten of and no one ever goes back. Once the market converters came, then all markets went downhill. Now that everyone only goes to Times Square, I have to face dozens of people getting in my way and always trying to trade with me. And the lag, oh it's so damn bad. At lease with North Market, not everyone is trolling and we were able to hang out in peace. It's all a mess now and nobody wants to fix it. It is truly unfortunate. It truly is.

I disagree, it's good to limit trade to markets, else you would get spammed with trade offers even when you are PVPing, Building, Exploring, etc...

In addition, having a specific place to trade is a great way to collect people in one world and set some kind of world competition and very honourable land-trading
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    RedMan said:

FreshX said:

I disagree, it's good to limit trade to markets, else you would get spammed with trade offers even when you are PVPing, Building, Exploring, etc...

In addition, having a specific place to trade is a great way to collect people in one world and set some kind of world competition and very honourable land-trading
    This is also the exact same reason market places exist in dw
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,119
    Is there any possible way for us to Revive North market? Like advertising it again and holding giveaways and stuff to attract people? Cause, those were beautiful days and I wish I could relive them..
    FlynnXD said:

Is there any possible way for us to Revive North market? Like advertising it again and holding giveaways and stuff to attract people? Cause, those were beautiful days and I wish I could relive them..

Unless we have at least 20 people willing to stay there for 6 hours a day, 5 for each six hours in the day, In a span of 12 days, I believe not.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    RedMan said:

FlynnXD said:

Unless we have at least 20 people willing to stay there for 6 hours a day, 5 for each six hours in the day, In a span of 12 days, I believe not.
    There where is a will, is a road to be paved.
    edited March 27
    The thing is that premium players are decreasing now that their special perks are decreasing, like upgrading past level 3 and stuff, I barely see 5 people in new unexplored premium worlds..