Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expiator blockade

Comments

• DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member

Thanks for being a troll and dead weight for the community.

You remind me of a Greek fellow named Herostratus.
    He didn't know how to leave a mark on the world.So because he was so pathetic that he couldn't do anything good, he decided to destroy the temple of Artemis, which increased the belief of people, helping them to get through hard times. Also, I don't think I mentioned that it took 500 men and 7 years to build the temple.

I'm sick of your bs @derpdee.

Jesus christ chill out man
    He is just trolling a bit, nothing to compare to a greek story aboyt destroying something
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtuePosts: 520Member
    edited April 2017
    derpdee said:

He didn't know how to leave a mark on the world.So because he was so pathetic that he couldn't do anything good, he decided to destroy the temple of Artemis, which increased the belief of people, helping them to get through hard times. Also, I don't think I mentioned that it took 500 men and 7 years to build the temple.

Welcome.

Vote still at a 6 count.
    Now, now. I don't hate you. I'm just tired of the way you behave and do things. Why block an expiator? Why aim to be an annoying person?
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtuePosts: 520Member
    Debator said:

He is just trolling a bit, nothing to compare to a greek story aboyt destroying something
    I believe it's about*

Debator said:

I believe it's about*

Still chill bby
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Posts: 1,213Member
    Still holding steady at 6...

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    It all makes sense now..
    @derpdee is hired by @lisa (who is part of the illuminati) to block all the expiators and force people to buy their own private hell worlds to ByteBin gets more money so lisa can hire more people to block expiators so they get more money and hire more people and get more money and once they have enough they will donate everything to the illuminati and will then dominate the world!!
    Whipes eyes and yawns. I haven't been playing all that match. Ask Jeanie, maybe she will stop.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    Dracul said:

I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread. Can expiators be naturally protected and thus be unprotrectable in public, naturallu spawned hell worlds?

In addition to being a jerk move to the community, worlds like this rob the experience of finishing a hell world and the included purple dungeons for newer players. If leaving your mark can be condoned as selfish behavior of robbing others of an expetience then that says a lot about the in game community's norms which in turn reflect negatively to newer players.

I'd be more ok with this but really hell worlds dont even spawn frequently. Then again a justification for allowing this might be to nudge players into buying their own private worlds so they don't have to deal with this bs. Unsustainable, imo.

There are still thousands of Hell worlds, if a person doesn't find this world good, he can find another Hell world.
    RedMan said:

Dracul said:

I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread. Can expiators be naturally protected and thus be unprotrectable in public, naturallu spawned hell worlds?

In addition to being a jerk move to the community, worlds like this rob the experience of finishing a hell world and the included purple dungeons for newer players. If leaving your mark can be condoned as selfish behavior of robbing others of an expetience then that says a lot about the in game community's norms which in turn reflect negatively to newer players.

I'd be more ok with this but really hell worlds dont even spawn frequently. Then again a justification for allowing this might be to nudge players into buying their own private worlds so they don't have to deal with this bs. Unsustainable, imo.

There are still thousands of Hell worlds, if a person doesn't find this world good, he can find another Hell world.
    Not that many unexplored ones
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Dracul said:

But many ones without the expiator used
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Posts: 1,827Member

It all makes sense now..
    @derpdee is hired by @lisa (who is part of the illuminati) to block all the expiators and force people to buy their own private hell worlds to ByteBin gets more money so lisa can hire more people to block expiators so they get more money and hire more people and get more money and once they have enough they will donate everything to the illuminati and will then dominate the world!!

Except they will get $2.00 every buy lol.
    Found the last 3 pieces for this world. Maybe he/she will share?
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    Sirentist said:

True things to know about any thread on expiator blocking:

1. derpdee will always predictably post mocking, gloating, or otherwise inflammatory responses
    2. there will be a response of pointing fingers at other players who also protect expiators
    3. there will be a ridiculously hypocritical comment that includes feigned innocence (e.g., see comment immediately above)
    4. there will be no response from devs/admins, OR, the response will be along the lines of a shrug
    4a. if there is any dev/admin response, there will be an almost-immediate ingratiating comment
    5. derpdee will *always* come back to the thread to get the last word

Conclusion:
    Forum posts about expiator blocking will only serve to make you* feel even worse.

--------------------
    *unless of course you're derpdee, or someone who just likes to see people on the forum get riled up, lol

You forgot that almost everyone will point fingers at derpdee, and most of the times they are correct
  • DraculDracul après moi, le délugePosts: 1,559Member
    edited June 2017
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Dracul said:

But many ones without the expiator used
    And here you see someone being a devil's advocate for the sake of it. Sure, there may be a thousand hell worlds; but flicking through the hell biome tab doesn't exactly show them all. It's random and most times it'll display newer ones over old ones. It's not like the biomes tab have numbered pages wherein you can go through all the hell worlds that have been spawned ever.

It all makes sense now..

Nice strawman m8

---

Anyway, if allowing edgy troll behavior to foster is ok in this game so long as it's just at the right line of being questionably a jerk then how incredibly disappointing. Many racists, sexists, and other abusive actions can be banned; but they can also be dealt with through muting.

For issues like this, no player can do anything. It may not be as blatantly wrong; but it gets away wih and ruins player experience even more. Honestly the fix of just making expiators naturally protected seems like it would work easily enough. Alternatively you could just limit those who can protect it to those who found all the pieces. Really it seems a simple exploit to fix; but the lack of response on the devs part is somehow getting more problematic than the act itself.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 I Guess I’m backPosts: 600Member
    edited June 2017
    Wouldn't making them naturally protected still leave it able to place micro protectors in a somewhat large circle? Maybe im just looking at this the wrong way?

Edit: you know how spawns say "cannot place pros this close to spawn until further explored" ... it would be easier to attach that to expiators instead of just protecting them

Wouldn't making them naturally protected still leave it able to place micro protectors in a somewhat large circle? Maybe im just looking at this the wrong way?

Edit: you know how spawns say "cannot place pros this close to spawn until further explored" ... it would be easier to attach that to expiators instead of just protecting them

by self protected item I was kind of thinking how attempting to place a pro next to it would prompt the "overlap another protector" message but I think thatd work too.
    edited June 2017
    Sirentist said:

1. derpdee will always predictably post mocking, gloating, or otherwise inflammatory responses
    2. there will be a response of pointing fingers at other players who also protect expiators
    3. there will be a ridiculously hypocritical comment that includes feigned innocence (e.g., see comment immediately above)
    4. there will be no response from devs/admins, OR, the response will be along the lines of a shrug
    4a. if there is any dev/admin response, there will be an almost-immediate ingratiating comment

Conclusion:
    Forum posts about expiator blocking will only serve to make you* feel even worse.

--------------------
    *unless of course you're derpdee, or someone who just likes to see people on the forum get riled up, lol

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts... ;)

P.s. I am danged if I do and danged if I don't. Good thing it's a raiding game and I can dig fast...
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Posts: 1,339Member
    edited June 2017
    This probably wont be resolved unless someone takes an action, may it be a dev or derpdee himself
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsPosts: 483Member
    Expiater blocking makes hell worlds no fun to explore. I sometimes go to find a hunterhead and thats all. Not worth the aggravation for me.
  • SetenSeten The city of England.Posts: 375Member
    I don't really like Hell worlds. :/
    Bastian7 said:

Expiater blocking makes hell worlds no fun to explore. I sometimes go to find a hunterhead and thats all. Not worth the aggravation for me.

sometimes
    Hunter heads

Wait a second, how many DO you have?
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    Sirentist said:

Conclusion:

--------------------

Putting admins and devs in the same category here is incorrect. Admins have zero control on how the game functions. Currently the game functions as the Devs want it to. There is nothing an Admin can do about this complaint. We enforce rules. You want to talk to Jason and Mike, not me or Frank. Thanks :)
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,086Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    lisa said:

Sirentist said:

Putting admins and devs in the same category here is incorrect. Admins have zero control on how the game functions. Currently the game functions as the Devs want it to. There is nothing an Admin can do about this complaint. We enforce rules. You want to talk to Jason and Mike, not me or Frank. Thanks :)
    Though you don't have control over how the game functions, you're really the only Bytebin representative who responds to these expiator threads anymore. So if there's any "official" response, it's typically a thing from you saying what you just said, or pointing out that this behavior is allowed by the game, etc. That's all I meant :)

• SetenSeten The city of England.Posts: 375Member
    Expiator blockades<Mexican borders
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Posts: 1,339Member
    The thing is, does the mark of derpdee outweigh the experience of players wanting to experience hell worlds? Why is it bad when people complain about him and not when he makes more expiator blockades? Is it actually worth it to defend this one player just for the sake of his mark and not the experience of others?
    Welcome @Jeanie I finished this world for you...
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M