Silly forum anti spam?

EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
edited April 2 in Bugs
@lisa pls
Was this intentional or vanilla being silly?

image
«1

Comments

  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    edited April 2

    Dear lord, I made it worse.image
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,230
    I've got this problem tooimage
    IMG_0355[1].JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • ChickenChicken Waiting to laugh when the space biome is delayed Member Posts: 989
    This happened to me earlier but it fixed itself, apparently.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    This happens on other vanilla forums too, so it's vanilla to blame.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    Yeah Vanilla must have been/be glitching. Blah. SORRY!!! YOU ARE NOT SPAMMERS (I don't think?)
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Member Posts: 729
    lisa said:

    Yeah Vanilla must have been/be glitching. Blah. SORRY!!! YOU ARE NOT SPAMMERS (I don't think?)

    What if i AM though? ;D
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,763
    Well it happened to me just today. Vanilla is getting a bit crazy.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    lisa said:

    Yeah Vanilla must have been/be glitching. Blah. SORRY!!! YOU ARE NOT SPAMMERS (I don't think?)

    It's still going :(
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    We need someone who has contact with the FBI to attack the Vanilla Company and force them to fix it.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    CashMoney said:

    I really don't understand why this thread is still going. Problem was solved ages ago, yet people are still continuing to comment and make it seem like a big deal.

    EDIT: Okay, I might have forgotten that this bug is stopping forumer's from commenting. Still yet though, it isn't a big problem unless having to comment on a thread is a very important thing.

    Well, keeping track of my forum games requires quick posting, also, when I go to activity, it's not easy to keep comments 60 seconds apart, especially when I read very quickly and type even quicker.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    CashMoney said:

    I really don't understand why this thread is still going. Problem was solved ages ago, yet people are still continuing to comment and make it seem like a big deal.

    EDIT: Okay, I might have forgotten that this bug is stopping forumer's from commenting. Still yet though, it isn't a big problem unless having to comment on a thread is a very important thing.

    See it hasn't been solved because the problem is still there. And it's collectively across forum threads, PMs and activity feeds
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    Unfortunately I don't think Vanilla thinks this is a problem. I believe it is intentional anti spam bot measures. Waiting 60 seconds to post again isn't that hard. It's how the forum is designed apparently.
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    lisa said:

    Unfortunately I don't think Vanilla thinks this is a problem. I believe it is intentional anti spam bot measures. Waiting 60 seconds to post again isn't that hard. It's how the forum is designed apparently.

    I cant believe I'm gonna say this, but...

    I actually disagree with you Lisa, this anti spam thing more or less just started, its new, therefor its not "how the forum is designed" Its a new thing and in my opinion it should be changed somewhat, because (for me at least) its not just after you have posted; I can get on for the first time that day, and the very first thing I go to post and it will say that, stopping me from posting it. Just my opinion.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    This is not new. I have been dealing with this for the four years I have been here. That's why I know it is purposeful.
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    lisa said:

    This is not new. I have been dealing with this for the four years I have been here. That's why I know it is purposeful.

    That's weird, I've been here just shy of three years, and I have never seen it before this week, even when I did do some pretty quick posting, odd.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    I have had numerous pms and emails about it over the years. Vanilla is not very friendly and we have almost no control.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    It's definitely not a new issue. Sometimes it just rears it's disgusting, putrescent, overzealous head.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    lisa said:

    Unfortunately I don't think Vanilla thinks this is a problem. I believe it is intentional anti spam bot measures. Waiting 60 seconds to post again isn't that hard. It's how the forum is designed apparently.

    Yeah, but when it gets to "You must wait 5 minutes because you posted once"....
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    Everywhen said:

    lisa said:

    Unfortunately I don't think Vanilla thinks this is a problem. I believe it is intentional anti spam bot measures. Waiting 60 seconds to post again isn't that hard. It's how the forum is designed apparently.

    Yeah, but when it gets to "You must wait 5 minutes because you posted once"....
    Exactly! I'm telling you their system never used to be his touchy.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    edited April 5
    CashMoney said:

    Everywhen said:

    lisa said:

    Unfortunately I don't think Vanilla thinks this is a problem. I believe it is intentional anti spam bot measures. Waiting 60 seconds to post again isn't that hard. It's how the forum is designed apparently.

    Yeah, but when it gets to "You must wait 5 minutes because you posted once"....
    Well, you can try laying off the commenting for a while. Wait it out until 3-4 days, then try again. Maybe the bug will go away. Are you always constantly commenting?
    Looks at the 4.5K+ post count.

    Uhhhhh. No.
    *nervously hides*
    I don't comment thaaaat much.

  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    This is obviously a glitch, but Lisa can't do much, it's a thing Vanilla did, as I said, I went to other Vanilla forums and they are experiencing this too.
    The best we can do is wait it out or go troll the official Vanilla forum forums about it
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    RedMan said:

    This is obviously a glitch, but Lisa can't do much, it's a thing Vanilla did, as I said, I went to other Vanilla forums and they are experiencing this too.
    The best we can do is wait it out or go troll the official Vanilla forum forums about it

    I guess I'm not sure why it keeps being called a glitch when it is at least 4 years old. At what point does a glitch become a feature?
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    lisa said:

    RedMan said:

    This is obviously a glitch, but Lisa can't do much, it's a thing Vanilla did, as I said, I went to other Vanilla forums and they are experiencing this too.
    The best we can do is wait it out or go troll the official Vanilla forum forums about it

    I guess I'm not sure why it keeps being called a glitch when it is at least 4 years old. At what point does a glitch become a feature?
    oh lisa lisa lisa, were not saying that the anti-spam feature was never there. The problem is that it has gotten extremely worse as of late, you can't even post once without getting the anti spam message, in fact you don't have to have posted at all before you get it. That's the glitch.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436

    lisa said:

    RedMan said:

    This is obviously a glitch, but Lisa can't do much, it's a thing Vanilla did, as I said, I went to other Vanilla forums and they are experiencing this too.
    The best we can do is wait it out or go troll the official Vanilla forum forums about it

    I guess I'm not sure why it keeps being called a glitch when it is at least 4 years old. At what point does a glitch become a feature?
    oh lisa lisa lisa, were not saying that the anti-spam feature was never there. The problem is that it has gotten extremely worse as of late, you can't even post once without getting the anti spam message, in fact you don't have to have posted at all before you get it. That's the glitch.
    Yes @lisa , here's a more understandable figure:

    Before April: 4 posts in 120 seconds = spam block
    After April: 1 post in 60 seconds = spam block

  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    OHHHHHHHHHH! That could very well be. Vanilla is the worst. Ugh. I'm sorry guys! I can email them and bother them and see what's up if anything but don't get hopes up. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    lisa said:

    OHHHHHHHHHH! That could very well be. Vanilla is the worst. Ugh. I'm sorry guys! I can email them and bother them and see what's up if anything but don't get hopes up. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!

    People always get my more understandable figures!
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,639
    It's also happening with PMs.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    It has been kind of fixed now! Still a bit cranky, but it's probably getting better
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    RedMan said:

    It has been kind of fixed now! Still a bit cranky, but it's probably getting better

    Yes, it's definitely better
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    Excellent! You can thank me for all of my hard work ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.