Do Not Trade With....

BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 365
edited April 14 in Collaborations
Hello, so this is where you can put scammers so people will not get scammed by that player. For example: Sorak is a scammer he scammed me all my rares. (If proof plz include!) Then I will go on my alt and follow every scammer so If they change name, we can know it :)! So first on list: Invicta. He scammed me one of ma onyx hes like sorak. He says he has to quit for studiees. But he will give all his rares to this trustworthy person. (So we have to place rares and then he bans you so yeah)
Post edited by BrainGamer on

Comments

• BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,300
    edited April 11
    5. Do not call out players in a--

oh wait
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 365

5. Do not call out players in a--

oh wait

Is this ok or nah?
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520
    Count me in. I scammed twice, so:
    IGN: .Camper.
  • Xavier789Xavier789 Member Posts: 53
    Does ripoffing count?,I've bought Onyxs for like 1 diamond worth of stuff
  • ChickenChicken Ignoring all of the arguments you people like to start.Member Posts: 869
    Xavier789 said:

Personally I would say it counts. If somebody lies about a price to trick you into paying more, isn't that a scam? @BrainGamer
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

Personally I would say it counts. If somebody lies about a price to trick you into paying more, isn't that a scam? @BrainGamer
    but an item is worth what a player values it to be

if there was a trustworthy list, i'd definitely be on that
    CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

Blue Crystal's are worth 20 Onyx Ore's in my opinion, because that's how much I value it. ( not playing around ).
    But would another player value onyx for 0.05 crystals?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,033
    edited April 12
    RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

Blue Crystal's are worth 20 Onyx Ore's in my opinion, because that's how much I value it. ( not playing around ).
    RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

You never know.

So basically you just said nobody scams...?
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,644
    lisa is a scammer, she once scammed all of my dirt :(
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 976
    Someone name Love... tried to scam my onyx cane with some weird quick swap trade technique.

I knew a notch for an onyx cane was too good to be true
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,300
    Zacywacko said:

Someone name Love... tried to scam my onyx cane with some weird quick swap trade technique.

I knew a notch for an onyx cane was too good to be true

bro i thought you were gonna do some kooky stuff with love
    ''love stole mt heart once''
    p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

You never know.

Scamming is different from ripping off, if the player knows the value of the item but buys it for a higher price, that's not ripping off, if he is tricked about the price and loses a lot more than the item's value, that's ripping off.
  • DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 512
    RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

You never know.

Scamming is different from ripping off, if the player knows the value of the item but buys it for a higher price, that's not ripping off, if he is tricked about the price and loses a lot more than the item's value, that's ripping off.
    "a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle."
    using people who dont know much something is worth is scamming someone.
    scam.png
    697 x 579 - 30K
    edited April 12
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

You never know.

"a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle."
    The real meaning is completely different from the Deepworld meaning, though, but hey, who am I to judge
    the deepworld meaning of ''scamming'' is usually: ''A person I don't like so I will ruin his name by calling them random shizzle''
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,904
    edited April 12
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

RedMan said:

CashMoney said:

You never know.

The real meaning is completely different from the Deepworld meaning, though, but hey, who am I to judge
    Idk when you decided that the way you define scamming was the official Deepworld definition... there is no "Deepworld meaning", there are only opinions. But personally, I would consider "ripping off" the same thing as scamming. If someone tricks another person into giving them a notch for a blue crystal, that would be a scam if the player offering a blue crystal knows the notch isn't actually worth a blue crystal. Of course different players might think things are worth different values, but it is ignorant of them to think that their way of valuing an item is the only way it should be valued for everyone
    Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

Well its not a scam but you can put people who lie and rip off. Its unfair.
    Nah, the trader should just have better attention.
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox being good boyMember Posts: 655
    i am a scammer
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,081
    It seems to me the problem is not the definition of scam but the title of the list. If this was instead a list called "People I wouldn't trade with" and then the reasons were given, it wouldn't matter what you call it or how you define scam.

Example:

lisa: I would not trade with this player again because she told me my Notch was worth 1 dirt and I believed her.

So if I read that I know that lisa is just a jerk who preys on people who don't know any better and I wouldn't trade with her. OR maybe I don't care about that because I think people are dumb and should know better so that's their own fault and I know the value of items and won't get taken in that fashion, so I will trade with lisa because she's the best.

A scam list doesn't have to just be a lsit where people get called names. It can actually be useful in many ways if done properly. Just my thoughts.
    edited April 14
    lisa said:

It seems to me the problem is not the definition of scam but the title of the list. If this was instead a list called "People I wouldn't trade with" and then the reasons were given, it wouldn't matter what you call it or how you define scam.

Example:

lisa: I would not trade with this player again because she told me my Notch was worth 1 dirt and I believed her.

So if I read that I know that lisa is just a jerk who preys on people who don't know any better and I wouldn't trade with her. OR maybe I don't care about that because I think people are dumb and should know better so that's their own fault and I know the value of items and won't get taken in that fashion, so I will trade with lisa because she's the best.

A scam list doesn't have to just be a lsit where people get called names. It can actually be useful in many ways if done properly. Just my thoughts.

Ok changed :smile:
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,081
    It was just a suggestion. You didn't *have* to change it. :)
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Playing Growtopia as 24elijah24Member Posts: 654
    CashMoney said:

RedMan said:

Chicken said:

Xavier789 said:

Well, I've been scammed by the forumer Gashly, who has also scammed someone else, but he has since then changed his name in-game.

(This was a long time ago but I knew not to call him out on forums.)
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,653
    I was scammed by a player named .Soldier., I wanted to buy land by spawn. During the trade, he left. I fully regret the decision, so I asked for a refund when he came back. His answer was: "No".
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,277
    edited April 14
    Debator said:

I was scammed by a player named .Soldier., I wanted to buy land by spawn. During the trade, he left. I fully regret the decision, so I asked for a refund when he came back. His answer was: "No".

Buying land is pretty stupid anyway
    Its like asking if you could buy the air on your neighbors house
    I was once tricked by land trade when I was younger, it was a guy who had a name similar to the name on the protector right above north, except that he had a period, I looked at e protector and thought the period at the end of the name was part of the name, not the sentence.., I lost everything in the end
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,277
    I once scammed my self by buying dirt from myself and bought it for 2 dirts
  • NightTheKidDWNightTheKidDW An Elite Combine officer with high level of virtueMember Posts: 520

I once scammed my self by buying dirt from myself and bought it for 2 dirts

You scammer! HOW COULD YOU BE LIKE THAT. LEAVE MY SIGHT, YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON ON THE ENTIRE LIST. (Obvious sarcasm)