How do I catch butterflies?

Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniverseMember Posts: 259
Okay, so my last thread was on butterflies and this one is too- I might be addicted to butterflies. Uh oh.
Anyways, how do you catch them. I know you use a net and diamond and onyx nets are a lot better and more effective, but what do you do to catch them? Do you swing the net blindly at them and hope for the best or is there a specific technnique? I play on a phone so I use a joystick- what do I do to catch them?
Also which skill/s (e.g. horticulture, combat, ability, etc) do I need to upgrade in order to maximise my chances of catching them?
I saw the rarest butterfly today (forgot the name) and I was swinging a diamond net at it... but it disappeared.

I was quite disappointed.

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,947
    Swing for the bling (or in this case, butterflies).

Not sure if there are any set percentages for chances of catching a butterfly, I'd use something better just to be safe. (If you're really that into butterflies, if not, then just use a normal net.)
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 310
    Aim like u do ur pic
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 252
    Agility increases ur chances of catching a butterfly, as well as better nets. Also try to catch them in flight, i hardly ever catch a butterfly that has landed.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,218
    edited April 14
    Vinh225 said:

Okay, so my last thread was on butterflies and this one is too- I might be addicted to butterflies. Uh oh.
    Anyways, how do you catch them. I know you use a net and diamond and onyx nets are a lot better and more effective, but what do you do to catch them? Do

you swing the net blindly at them and hope for the best

or is there a specific technnique? I play on a phone so I use a joystick- what do I do to catch them?
    Also which skill/s (e.g. horticulture, combat, ability, etc) do I need to upgrade in order to maximise my chances of catching them?
    I saw the rarest butterfly today (forgot the name) and I was swinging a diamond net at it... but it disappeared.

I was quite disappointed.
    apparently, when you aim at butterflies, it does not highlight just like when you attack mobs...also, it helps if you have a high agility, just like what @Bastian7 said
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 2,830
    Usually I dont catch butterflies when swinging, it only registers when tapping for some reason (Tap n Hold)