Compromised Accounts, Login Issues (Fixed!), and New Content

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953
There have been two nasty issues this weekend:

1. A bug in our authentication gateway caused some facebook logins to route to random accounts. We are still assessing the damage here, hopefully we can just help out everyone who was affected instead of rolling back the entire system, but we are not sure yet. We THINK we have identified the issue, and we have a check in place to determine if it happens any more.

2. [Update: This is fixed!] Our latest iOS release includes a bug that causes some issues logging in or registering for a new account. A fixed build has already been submitted to the App Store, so if you can't login it will be fixed in a few days.

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

We were hoping to get some new content out this weekend, but the fates decided we needed to fight another battle first. So, please look forward to some actual new stuff after our minds recover from this fiasco. We will be kicking Deepworld back up a notch with some new marketing and updates very shortly!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    Just out of plain curiosity, how long does it take after you release a build to apple, for it to show up in the App Store?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953
    edited April 17

Just out of plain curiosity, how long does it take after you release a build to apple, for it to show up in the App Store?

2-4 days (unless they find an issue).
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149

Depends on when the apple staff check the build, I believe, I'd say

(Also yay for not deadness!)
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 222

An issue like a bug or something?
  • MidnightMidnight In a galaxy far far awayMember Posts: 82
    Thanks for all you hard work!
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208

Thx for the response! I was simply curious how long it took compared to the Google Play Store's time. My updates are "usually" live within the first two hours after I release a build.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953
    Update: the fixed iOS build has been released in the App Store.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 258
    Can you release easter items since the bugs have been fixed? I think pteradactyl and trex fossils count as easter items....lol
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 429
    Bastian7 said:

Can you release easter items since the bugs have been fixed? I think pteradactyl and trex fossils count as easter items....lol

Just stick a pair of bunny ears on 'em
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 976
    Confetti launcher would be life
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 375
    @Clairemawn75 welcome to dw!
  • RedolantRedolant 40 Characters Isn't Enough Cuz I Live In LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochMember Posts: 146
    The fellow who dared to take my stuff has already been punished. Thanks you guys! :D
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 857
    Issue is not fixed @mikelaurence .
    Tried to login and game wouldn't let me. Kept giving me message of "your session has expired" tried to log out and gave me a message of "need to register your account".

I deleted the app/game. Re downloaded app/game. Tried to loggin and password wouldn't work. Sent a request for new password token and when it did let me loggin via new password/email/token I was logged in to a players account with game name "poppop"and was in the right world but wrong username. See pic. I emedietly logged out and logged back in via username/new password and was in the right account and world last in.
    image.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
  • DakotaTheLegend12431DakotaTheLegend12431 Member Posts: 154
    That's What Happened To Me!Yay!I Can Play Again!
  • DakotaTheLegend12431DakotaTheLegend12431 Member Posts: 154
    derpdee said:

Issue is not fixed @mikelaurence .
    Tried to login and game wouldn't let me. Kept giving me message of "your session has expired" tried to log out and gave me a message of "need to register your account".

I deleted the app/game. Re downloaded app/game. Tried to loggin and password wouldn't work. Sent a request for new password token and when it did let me loggin via new password/email/token I was logged in to a players account with game name "poppop"and was in the right world but wrong username. See pic. I emedietly logged out and logged back in via username/new password and was in the right account and world last in.

Session Experid Does That To Me Evry Now And Then.Just Keep Relogging In