State of Deepworld: Spring 2017

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280

The only change that happened was that more experienced players left and more new ones joined, the number of players may not be as much as in the past, but we should be thankful for every sweat the developers wasted on the game, every dollar they used, and every line of code they applied... to make Deepworld a game that could be played and enjoyed rather than tens of thousands of games on the App Store which are... otherwise.

It's all better than "Action 52" if anything. How that got released I have no idea...

In serious news I acknowledge the fact it's rather...difficult to run a game with such a small group. Let alone make it in the first place and have it run this long. And while YES, the updates are arguably part of the issue (through no fault of their own, they have lives too) the community is also culpable in this circumstance. There are good eggs but there are quite a few bad ones. I'd give examples but you know the rules. So I'll leave you to determine that on your own time.
    What rules? The ones about name calling which no longer exists?
    so i can call people names? you are a big fat meanie : p
    Lol Mies. You are something else.

Anyways, if we can refer to people, then lemme call put that dunce-cap who thinks they can get consumables banned from the game. I mean, bloody hell, their argument and reasoning for doing so isn't even logical! By his/her logic, anyone who AFK farms jerkies and the like are bound to abuse em in PVP. Who says they aren't going to be sold? And who says they simply don't have a lot of health? And who says it isn't just client lag on someone's side (which should have been fixed yesterday + couple of years ago)? And they don't even put forth a reason to ban filets. The rant seems entirely jerky focused. I doubt anyone with even a fraction of their brain at use would consider these arguments truly and completely logical. Then again, we did elect Donald Trump as our president so maybe I'm wrong there. I'm really unsure about the human race and where it stands these days...-sigh- I'm surprised at what people do and who they elect and their logic for doing so... -ahem- Back on track here. In short that argument is irrational and illogical and seems to generalize everybody into a single group and fails to address the reason for banning filets and fails to account for the logic that we'd still be able to farm canisters. So if they were banned what now? You're going to ban shields? Or ban canisters? Why not both while we're at it? Oh, down with stealth cloaks since it would be hard to see the outlines. And porta teles? No! They can teleport away from me. Down with normal teles too while we're at it. Now I know there isn't anything indicating these drastic measures, but by that logic we'd be going down that path if we actually did comply. Seriously, these days never cease to amuse and yet severely disappoint me........banning consumables due to a personal pet peeve. This world's not centric on what you like and dislike, as much as we'd like it to be. Take it from me of all people. And yes, you can call me out for potential hypocrisy later. But that's not the point, is it?

Excuse the long post. I had to call 'em out for it.
    i read the whole thing. my eyes hurt. i would like to call someone out as well.

this person thinks they can befriend all of deepworld. like that is possible, i dont even know half of deepworld. this person thinks that building is the best thing to do when bored, either that or explore. this person thinks that trading for profit is the easiest thing in the whole wide world. this person thinks that some worlds are cursed, like flatline falls. and lastly this person likes to post on forums, a lot, so finally the person this is focused to... is me? oh, how did that turn out
    I heard that flatline was cursed, to, there have been multiple instances of GHOSTS appearing there
  • Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Member Posts: 30
    Hey @mikelaurence I've switched to Samsung (Android) just wondering if you'll open up Deep world to Android this year, because I loved it when I was on IPod. I still play it when I get a chance, but just wondering. Thank you if you answered ahead of time.
  • AviatrixAviatrix Wardrobe, NarniaMember Posts: 65

Aviatrix said:

Aviatrix said:

Ok come on guys, I'm so sick of this crap when everyone says "oh it was only good back when the original players played, bla bla, new players are bad, the old players are superior". Come on! Maybe if people made an effort to make friends with newer players or at least acknowledge that they're not all horrible, there WOULD still be an actual community. I find there's some lasting communities that hang around in Times Sq - me and a few others often meet up near Luk's, Amenazzy's and my place.
    I myself have been playing since 2013 so it's not like I'm one of the newer players who are complaining about the superiority complex of older players, I just think that everyone should really just calm down and try to accept that deepworld and the Dev's are actually trying fairly hard, especially considering Deepworld isn't their entire life's work, to make the experience nice...

Whats your IGN lol. I never knew.
    My old account from 2013 was called something like 'pyrolion' or something along those lines, from back when I was a little teen, I don't know what happened to that account. As of recently, I've changed my name from Solar_Eclipse with my new account, to Aviatrix and then to Avia. which is who I'm known as now. :)
    I can say with 100% certanity I've seen you around in at least 2/3 of these names. Maybe all of them, even.
    yup, you probably have
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422

Hey @mikelaurence I've switched to Samsung (Android) just wondering if you'll open up Deep world to Android this year, because I loved it when I was on IPod. I still play it when I get a chance, but just wondering. Thank you if you answered ahead of time.

Soon.
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 104
    Is the problem with the invisible mons fixed? I missed my third day with the android
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 104

Shadow711 said:

Keegan said:

Hello people of deepworld i am bob.the.builder havent played in like 3 years because i have a andriod and i want to know when or if i will able to play again

Its best to move on the game is nothing but noobs and the game is bland with nothing. If you return it'll only be a waste land lets be real. find some other interesting things to get involved with. Deepworld is on its last. We gotta look at the reality, 2 dev's who have other day jobs run a game is really gonna go far for another year. game was fun years back when people played and there was a real community now its just children that think there kings. they will never understand deepworld's history. Death of deepworld.
    R.I.P.

"Deepworld"

Slain by the menace
    known as Growtopia.
    i don't even wanna pay respects to the game what did they do for us than steal our money, and not even listening to what needs to change and fix. they are the definition of MONEY GRUBBING... ASSHOLES,
    Where are the things they announces new worlds, items they are nothing but fake dev's that think there Activision. i loved the game but from the state of decay it is today im'a just pass and not recommend it to anyone. fix up deepworld.
    Sir. Growtopia is owner my Ubisoft now. Idk if it's a truth or rumor
  • jugglejuggle Member Posts: 6
    thanks dude, glad to hear that you and your team is trying to bring back this fantastic game.
  • IsaacIsBlackIsaacIsBlack Member Posts: 170
    Deepworlds player base would jump if they actually focused on an android release. I know its a big step with a lot of development and money needed, but still. If android finally got deepworld (and a little advertising) the game would probably be somewhat successful again.

I'm sure they'll release it though. Sometime "soon".
  • MyNameIsSkinMyNameIsSkin Member Posts: 2
    I don’t think the game is dead. They said they can now update the game regularly and add new things like “advanced turrets” or “more fossils” and who cares if it’s not on Android. Just buy a iPad, iPhone, or a PC if u wanna play it. The devs are doing there job just not as fast as anyone hoped. It’s not there fault that the game isn’t that popular. If a game has no one playing it why update it?
  • MyNameIsSkinMyNameIsSkin Member Posts: 2

I don’t think the game is dead. They said they can now update the game regularly and add new things like “advanced turrets” or “more fossils” and who cares if it’s not on Android. Just buy a iPad, iPhone, or a PC if u wanna play it. The devs are doing there job just not as fast as anyone hoped. It’s not there fault that the game isn’t that popular. If a game has no one playing it why update it?

Which leaves me to think they are updating the game even know it’s not that popular and the players are just hating on the devs and they still are trying to make this AMAZING game even more amazing.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    edited July 6

Which leaves me to think they are updating the game even know it’s not that popular and the players are just hating on the devs and they still are trying to make this AMAZING game even more amazing.
    For the record before someone else tells you, refrain from posting twice. If you wish to make changes edit your comment. On a more related note I still say the game's dying at best. Its populace is very close if not at the record low. Not to mention activity is trailing off more with each day, however slow the process is. Regardless I wager the recent surge is due to Summertime and once it ends, the population will, as to be expected, decline yet again. It's only par for the course.
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    Growtopia is lame.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422

The problem with "Its Not On Android" is because Apple is expensive and some people rather Android.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 554

The problem with "Its Not On Android" is because Apple is expensive and some people rather Android.
    If you increase the platform the game can be bought on, that increases the populations, which some people will spend some money. Making it easier to update/produce adds, getting yet, more people. So increasing the platform to android is a very good idea.
    Thought 1 person popular worlds were fixed?? Maybe not?
    IMG_1020.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394

I had a screen shot of an empty world in popular...
    Inception said:

I had a screen shot of an empty world in popular...
    ive had that happen except in the friends tab, i think it happens when someone loses connection but the game still registers their presence
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541

If a game is unpopular it is their fault one way or another. Its their game. They're responsible for it
    Also "they are doing their job just not as fast" more like "they lie about releasing android twice a year"
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 773
    Debator said:

If a game is unpopular it is their fault one way or another. Its their game. They're responsible for it
    Also "they are doing their job just not as fast" more like "they lie about releasing android twice a year"
    They had probably had to rewrite the entire game due to Apple requiring iPv6 protocol in all apps. Which is what they were working on for majority of last year.

You might think a rewrite shouldn't take that long, but do remember they work other jobs to support their families because deepworld isn't making enough money, and as such have little time to actually work on the game. That is also the reason quinn had to leave the team.

I mean seriously, according to a wall post, mike said he would be trying to fix the invisible mob glitch later that night. Of course he said that at midnight, so who knows how long he and / or jason stay up into the night to work on the game.

It really shows how much they just enjoy working on the game, if only to give a better playing experience to us. I am also amazed they still haven't given up despite the circumstances.

So how about being a bit more forgiving when they can't deliver on their promises due to factors outside their control.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    Dr_Derp said:

Debator said:

They had probably had to rewrite the entire game due to Apple requiring iPv6 protocol in all apps. Which is what they were working on for majority of last year.

You might think a rewrite shouldn't take that long, but do remember they work other jobs to support their families because deepworld isn't making enough money, and as such have little time to actually work on the game. That is also the reason quinn had to leave the team.

I mean seriously, according to a wall post, mike said he would be trying to fix the invisible mob glitch later that night. Of course he said that at midnight, so who knows how long he and / or jason stay up into the night to work on the game.

It really shows how much they just enjoy working on the game, if only to give a better playing experience to us. I am also amazed they still haven't given up despite the circumstances.

So how about being a bit more forgiving when they can't deliver on their promises due to factors outside their control.
    Speaking of invisible mobs, they're back again. I wonder what part of the coding for fossils conflicts with that of mob textures and possibly hit boxes.
    edited July 10

Speaking of invisible mobs, they're back again. I wonder what part of the coding for fossils conflicts with that of mob textures and possibly hit boxes.

That was more of an estimate. xP

But my guess is that fossil mining detection is currently handled on the servers, and that detection code might have got in the way of something else, you never really know unless you break everything down into diagrams or something. And of course we don't really have access to that code.
    Dr_Derp said:

That was more of an estimate. xP

But my guess is that fossil mining detection is currently handled on the servers, and that detection code might have got in the way of something else, you never really know unless you break everything down into diagrams or something. And of course we don't really have access to that code.
    Yeah that'a true, the code isn't open for the public to look at. An estimate is better than nothing and I wager if the estimate is correct the problem is what you stated.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    if people actually spent all their money on deepworld, the devs would have time for the game.... just a thought tho

if people actually spent all their money on deepworld, the devs would have time for the game.... just a thought tho

The way their shop is set up, it isn't really surprising that they don't make much. I would say the number one income would be from private worlds, but many players never buy them or only buy a few.

Deepworld doesn't have a way to fully buy your way into max level like say clash of clans does. Despite this, people still complain the game is P2W, which is probably the most false statement I've ever heard.

It is my thinking that fixing or adding small quality of life features would be most beneficial in bringing players back and getting new ones to stay. Things like multi item trading and level capped worlds so that newbies aren't left with only rubble to dig through.

How about adding more incentive to level up, perhaps small gifts every 5 levels or so. Like having a one time gift of a non tradable small protector at level 10 or 15.

My brain stopped working and I have no more ideas..
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 646
    Maybe they should make a "World Protector" that basically has a protect radios of a EXTRA extra large world. So basically.. world locks. From that game..
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 258
    You guys should learn how to code. Then you could intern at Deepworld for free and spend all your time expanding the game. Just an idea...xD
    Bastian7 said:

You guys should learn how to code. Then you could intern at Deepworld for free and spend all your time expanding the game. Just an idea...xD

I plan on it, would even do it unpaid. But I'm just now starting college this fall, so that might have to wait.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    Dr_Derp said:

Bastian7 said:

I plan on it, would even do it unpaid. But I'm just now starting college this fall, so that might have to wait.
    i wish i could, but im waaaaaay too far from murica
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280
    I was planning on learning java soon, too, but I am sure a lot of people playing Deepworld, including me, wouldn't know how to do code as complicated as that of Deepworld.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    Dr_Derp said:

Bastian7 said:

Go code as a side job. You will have fun being stressed out.