State of Deepworld: Spring 2017

Comments

• SheenMcKasperSheenMcKasper Member Posts: 151
    It'll be nice to see the Deepworld community grow agian
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,093
    Debator said:

I don’t think the game is dead. They said they can now update the game regularly and add new things like “advanced turrets” or “more fossils” and who cares if it’s not on Android. Just buy a iPad, iPhone, or a PC if u wanna play it. The devs are doing there job just not as fast as anyone hoped. It’s not there fault that the game isn’t that popular. If a game has no one playing it why update it?

If a game is unpopular it is their fault one way or another. Its their game. They're responsible for it
    Also "they are doing their job just not as fast" more like "they lie about releasing android twice a year"
    @Debator Why are you here? I ask this honestly. You are nothing but negative and argumentative - with pretty much everyone. It seems your time would be more enjoyed elsewhere? I just don't understand spending my free time on a forum to diss a game and the devs when you could be spending that time doing something you actually enjoy?
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422
    lisa said:

Debator said:

I don’t think the game is dead. They said they can now update the game regularly and add new things like “advanced turrets” or “more fossils” and who cares if it’s not on Android. Just buy a iPad, iPhone, or a PC if u wanna play it. The devs are doing there job just not as fast as anyone hoped. It’s not there fault that the game isn’t that popular. If a game has no one playing it why update it?

If a game is unpopular it is their fault one way or another. Its their game. They're responsible for it
    Also "they are doing their job just not as fast" more like "they lie about releasing android twice a year"
    @Debator Why are you here? I ask this honestly. You are nothing but negative and argumentative - with pretty much everyone. It seems your time would be more enjoyed elsewhere? I just don't understand spending my free time on a forum to diss a game and the devs when you could be spending that time doing something you actually enjoy?
    lisa said:

Debator said:

@lisa I wonder when is android going to be released?
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,093

lisa said:

Debator said:

lisa said:

Debator said:

@lisa I wonder when is android going to be released?
    Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for that. When we had updates and new things coming out frequently the devs were doing Deepworld only. They have moved back into the workforce and Deepworld is not the sole focus, because - life. Deepworld isn't a "code it once and done" deal. It is a constantly fluctuating world that needs eternal attention. It is huge. We do our best :)
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280
    Kudos to you all, I'll do everything I could to help on my side, but Deepworld DOES a need to do stuff on their side, and I'm sure they will soon, it would be appreciated if you work first on fixing bugs and glitches and perhaps enhancing the support first before working on new features, and maybe even just work on the android before that
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541
    edited July 16
    lisa said:

Debator said:

Well my activity on this forum has plummeted lately, but im solely here to see if there is more content. And to show my discontent (hah) with the lack of content (hah). People feel lied to every single time, but not everyone voices their opinion about it

Also caus nostalgia and I just care about dw

Getting "if you dont like it just leave" vibes here
    Debator said:

lisa said:

Debator said:

Well my activity on this forum has plummeted lately, but im solely here to see if there is more content. And to show my discontent (hah) with the lack of content (hah). People feel lied to every single time, but not everyone voices their opinion about it

"Say something good or don't say at all"
    Even if you want to say something negative, at least provide some points and maybe a solution, and don't take your post to be too pessimist, at least put it between pessimism and optimism to a point of "inbetweenism"
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541

Debator said:

lisa said:

Debator said:

Even if you want to say something negative, at least provide some points and maybe a solution, and don't take your post to be too pessimist, at least put it between pessimism and optimism to a point of "inbetweenism"
    Why should I solve a developers solution after he has lied time after time about updates and android releases? The point is that we as a community are still in the dark about all these things, and weve been doing the "just be positive" thing for years now. Android has been promised for years.

Mike has ruined the costumer trust, at least for me.

Also, "say something good or just nothing at all" is also a useless and unproductive statement. Its exactly the same as "if you dont like it, just leave"
    Debator said:

Debator said:

lisa said:

Debator said:

Why should I solve a developers solution after he has lied time after time about updates and android releases? The point is that we as a community are still in the dark about all these things, and weve been doing the "just be positive" thing for years now. Android has been promised for years.

Mike has ruined the costumer trust, at least for me.

Also, "say something good or just nothing at all" is also a useless and unproductive statement. Its exactly the same as "if you dont like it, just leave"
    I never told you to solve it, I told you to provide enough points and not be too pessimist
    I currently see only pessimism in the posts, in the normal way the points should be taken, there are only two developers, and they aren't making enough income from Deepworld so besides their work on Deepworld, they do other side-jobs, honestly, any other developer in this case would shut down their game for a while or more expectably forever, they are trying their hardest to bring us new content while... well... staying alive.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 279
    Visit Becknub Crossing
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    mofc1991 said:

Visit Becknub Crossing

Please refrain from doing this in this thread. Use another thread or make your own thread, but do not advertise your world in this one.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 722
    edited July 17
    Growtopia is fun, I play it a lot.
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 276
    Am I the only one who still has hope? In 2014, when I first joined Deepworld, I didn't think it was an awesome game because of the updates, I thought it was an awesome game because of the community!

Back in 2014 most people were very welcoming and I overall had fun. Now, that's changed a lot since old players have come and gone. And yeah, a bunch of people have no hope for the community, either. But really, it's not the devs or lack of updates why Deepworld is 'dying,' it's because of US. WE are the community. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, we, as a community, can make a difference if we truly try? I think we can. And that's why I haven't lost hope. Because you can achieve anything if you work hard enough.

So that's why I'm going to try my hardest to keep doing collab projects in Deepworld. Whether it be a building competition, helping out on a world, or just helping out a new player. It may not be much, but if everyone did these little things, it'd make a whole lot more of a difference.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422
    edited July 21

Am I the only one who still has hope? In 2014, when I first joined Deepworld, I didn't think it was an awesome game because of the updates, I thought it was an awesome game because of the community!

Back in 2014 most people were very welcoming and I overall had fun. Now, that's changed a lot since old players have come and gone. And yeah, a bunch of people have no hope for the community, either. But really, it's not the devs or lack of updates why Deepworld is 'dying,' it's because of US. WE are the community. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, we, as a community, can make a difference if we truly try? I think we can. And that's why I haven't lost hope. Because you can achieve anything if you work hard enough.

So that's why I'm going to try my hardest to keep doing collab projects in Deepworld. Whether it be a building competition, helping out on a world, or just helping out a new player. It may not be much, but if everyone did these little things, it'd make a whole lot more of a difference.

Mine flew away but I catched it 5 days ago:P
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    edited July 21

Well you're not the only one but you're certainly among the last few, @bean17magic. Having monitored this game for quite a little while, it seems to me the devs need to intervene. Perhaps...your collabs and the like could slow down the death -- although I recently detected there were less than 20 people online sometime in the last two weeks. Not a good omen. Also, collabs aren't the only thing you'd need to do.

To bring people back, collabs aren't cutting it. Try making fan videos and advertisements. Although that may be more suited for someone like @ZStormGames.

And for the record I never forgot your comment that I didn't try to help the game. Expect it to be mentioned years down the line. It's my schtick. Remembering what others say. :p
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 554
    i have hope. the devs need to do at least something though
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029

Well you're not the only one but you're certainly among the last few, @bean17magic. Having monitored this game for quite a little while, it seems to me the devs need to intervene. Perhaps...your collabs and the like could slow down the death -- although I recently detected there were less than 20 people online sometime in the last two weeks. Not a good omen. Also, collabs aren't the only thing you'd need to do.

To bring people back, collabs aren't cutting it. Try making fan videos and advertisements. Although that may be more suited for someone like @ZStormGames.

And for the record I never forgot your comment that I didn't try to help the game. Expect it to be mentioned years down the line. It's my schtick. Remembering what others say. :p
    Recently i have been in contact with some large game reviewers online to possibly get some positive reviews and positive attention to our game and community. As @bean17magic said, this is our community. But we also make the game up. This is also OUR game, and we have to treat it as our and never give up on it! There are always new ways to have fun! Some people may leave for awhile, but the end time warriors will return to run with deepworld until the very end. I know i will be here fighting alongside everyone when the game is at it's end.

Recently i have been in contact with some large game reviewers online to possibly get some positive reviews and positive attention to our game and community. As @bean17magic said, this is our community. But we also make the game up. This is also OUR game, and we have to treat it as our and never give up on it! There are always new ways to have fun! Some people may leave for awhile, but the end time warriors will return to run with deepworld until the very end. I know i will be here fighting alongside everyone when the game is at it's end.
    i mean... if the game is at its end... it would be pretty easy to get rich... xD

haters will call me greedy

Tell that to people like Foxy or the ever-so-rampant love.... if anybody. I've done all I could. Are you sure it's meant to be? Even if it's reviewed you'd need to fix the toxicity or it'll backfire and turn out to be a waste of time and money. Fix the toxicity first, before all else if you want a shot at even hoping to fix this game. As of current it's at the tipping point, so you'd need to have started work YESTERDAY.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 329

Tell that to people like Foxy or the ever-so-rampant love.... if anybody. I've done all I could. Are you sure it's meant to be? Even if it's reviewed you'd need to fix the toxicity or it'll backfire and turn out to be a waste of time and money. Fix the toxicity first, before all else if you want a shot at even hoping to fix this game. As of current it's at the tipping point, so you'd need to have started work YESTERDAY.
    I can't speak to how toxic the game is, but I'll try to spread my love of deepworld, wether it be appearing in @ZstormGames videos, making videos of my own, or just helping along a few people to the game.

I've been playing deepworld forever it seems, and I'm not ready to bury this hatchet yet.
    TealHyena said:

I can't speak to how toxic the game is, but I'll try to spread my love of deepworld, wether it be appearing in @ZstormGames videos, making videos of my own, or just helping along a few people to the game.

I've been playing deepworld forever it seems, and I'm not ready to bury this hatchet yet.
    I've also been playing this game almost as long as it's even existed, and while it would be nice to not kill the hatchet, looking at things it's a far stretch. While I haven't buried my hatchet contrary to what others may say, it's simply planted in the ground like those cliché heroes would do to their sword after their journey finishes....or something like that. Always ready to take up the sword again if there really is a shot, but it's not looking out that way. I do things passively even with the sword down so it's not a full retirement, so to speak.

In short, YES I do say this game's too far gone for the community alone to make the game recover, but that doesn't quite mean we're useless. Call it a cynical, jaded view which under most cases might not be far from the truth, but I prefer grounding myself in reality. There are things that need serious fixing on our and the dev's ends. Yes I acknowledge they have lives. Yes I acknowledge they do all they can. I haven't quite given up despite if I imply I have. I've merely seen this circumstance happen far too many times in the past with other games i am...er...was passionate about so I know when the event horizon's been crossed and a more united effort is required on the devs end as well.
  • Yassin2014Yassin2014 Member Posts: 39

Some notes on what we've been up to, and a plan for moving forward and making Deepworld a little more lively again!

http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/160281362901/the-state-of-deepworld-spring-2017

I'd love it if you could add some more modes like /mood please. If builders found the mode pleasing they might build more, and deepworld might be more active. I. An idea could be as simple as making the lights blurry, or changing the textures of the blocks, possibly using another artstyle (although that would be difficult). If builders found their constructions pleasing via the modes, then they would continue and deepworld might be even more lively :)

Maybe this is not the right forum to post recommendations for updates, but I have not been active at all and honestly don't know where to post it. Sorry.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    The comments are both constructive and depressing both at the same time
  • timbobtimbob Member Posts: 1
    I know everyone is always bugging them about android and when it is going to be released, if ever now, but I think that if they did release it, it would fix a ton of their problems. It would open them up to a whole new community which would be great for the game. I could wait on new content if they just worked on getting the game running on android.
    timbob said:

I know everyone is always bugging them about android and when it is going to be released, if ever now, but I think that if they did release it, it would fix a ton of their problems. It would open them up to a whole new community which would be great for the game. I could wait on new content if they just worked on getting the game running on android.

Double edged sword. Releasing it on android could open us up to legitimate hacking issues so we'd need ti secure our servers first. Also there's no telling what kind of community we'd end up with, it's literally Russian Roulette.
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 104

Wish we could turn back time to the good old daysssss

When the old players were not assholes and were cool
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    We're in the month of August. Spring is over.

We're in the month of August. Spring is over.

Summer is almost done also...
    edited August 7
    Jsaycool said:

Nice necropost. It's almost FALL.
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 104

Jsaycool said:

Nice necropost. It's almost FALL.
    Oh, sorry. Not my fault a nuclear apocalypse happened and I had to spend 200 years of my life stuck in a fridge