State of Deepworld: Spring 2017

Comments

• The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    edited August 8

Am I the only one who still has hope? In 2014, when I first joined Deepworld, I didn't think it was an awesome game because of the updates, I thought it was an awesome game because of the community!

Back in 2014 most people were very welcoming and I overall had fun. Now, that's changed a lot since old players have come and gone. And yeah, a bunch of people have no hope for the community, either. But really, it's not the devs or lack of updates why Deepworld is 'dying,' it's because of US. WE are the community. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, we, as a community, can make a difference if we truly try? I think we can. And that's why I haven't lost hope. Because you can achieve anything if you work hard enough.

So that's why I'm going to try my hardest to keep doing collab projects in Deepworld. Whether it be a building competition, helping out on a world, or just helping out a new player. It may not be much, but if everyone did these little things, it'd make a whole lot more of a difference.

Nah your not the only one that still has hope. Almost everything in life has a "make or break" point, and that pivotal moment is decided by you, and the people surrounding you. I might not be the best example or best role model for a player, but you can be dang sure I do everything within my power to keep people online and playing.

-Yes this is my terrible motivational paragraph badly written in the morning. But anyways here's some ideas I'd like to offer to possibly help the game rekindle its old flames.

-I've oft noticed how most new players don't understand a lick of what you're trying to tell them. Personally I've been through the beginners tutorial many times, and I believe that a revamped tutorial with more specific areas to cover, along with commands, would be nice

-Instead of trying to bring in new community members, why not bring the old community back along with them? There's this thing they had to sign up with, either Facebook or email, that could have a monumental effect should a certain dev send out an email just saying they miss them, etc. Most of the 'good' old players only need a push to get back into the game. For example, what brought me back was the fact I still had push notifications on for this when you guys decided to release all those worlds. Lol (And No, I'm calling myself old and not a 'good' player)

-Why not just throw down another chest of plenty, or have another Bytebin competition? This would definitely get the community excited and pumped up again. Cmon Mike, we miss seein you or anyone else up there IG tbh :confused: sed:

-Offer incentives to players to keep on playing. Have it to where if you check in and get on your account daily, you either receive something, or you earn double xp for 2 hrs, etc. Just something to keep people checking in

Edited to add: And @bean17magic is absolutely right, simple things like helping 1-3 newbies per month helps the game acquire 1-3 more players, and you 1-3 more permanent friends. The thing is, (almost) everyone in this game is in a constant state of worrying and helping themselves instead of others.

Apologies in advance should anyone think this is the wrong thread
    Post edited by The_Marauder on
  • Yassin2014Yassin2014 Member Posts: 39

Am I the only one who still has hope? In 2014, when I first joined Deepworld, I didn't think it was an awesome game because of the updates, I thought it was an awesome game because of the community!

Back in 2014 most people were very welcoming and I overall had fun. Now, that's changed a lot since old players have come and gone. And yeah, a bunch of people have no hope for the community, either. But really, it's not the devs or lack of updates why Deepworld is 'dying,' it's because of US. WE are the community. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, we, as a community, can make a difference if we truly try? I think we can. And that's why I haven't lost hope. Because you can achieve anything if you work hard enough.

So that's why I'm going to try my hardest to keep doing collab projects in Deepworld. Whether it be a building competition, helping out on a world, or just helping out a new player. It may not be much, but if everyone did these little things, it'd make a whole lot more of a difference.

I've been trying to build my worlds, Hexham Dell, Dead Island, and other worlds, but I can't seem to find any help. The world is too difficult and expensive to build alone. I've been in and out the game for a few months now, and it's not easy to find helpers, donators or even friends.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    edited August 8

I've been trying to build my worlds, Hexham Dell, Dead Island, and other worlds, but I can't seem to find any help. The world is too difficult and expensive to build alone. I've been in and out the game for a few months now, and it's not easy to find helpers, donators or even friends.
    Never asked me smh.

Edit: Also @Yassin2014 try working on one world at a time instead of multiple. Multitasking building worlds is never easy, trust me

But should you need help again, Add me asap. IGN: .Rogue.
    Post edited by The_Marauder on
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 104

Ask me I'm (mostly) free.

My ign is (obviously) Jsaycool
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 886
    Worlds are having spawning issues again.
  • Yassin2014Yassin2014 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 22
    @Jsaycool @The_Marauder Thank you for the advice! I will need help in clearing and gathering water, anytime you're online! :)
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    Any new update fix?
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,002
    Updates really need to start rolling in. Deepworld was definitely dying before, but it's worse than ever now. I struggle to find worlds that even have more than 3 people online at a time, which is really concerning. It's also the same players online most of the time, which is also a problem. Also a lot of my friends have quit now, so it's really quiet. Please try and push out a content update soon, I really hate to see deepworld like this :(
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 97
    Are mobs back? I've been seeing birds an newtons more frequently
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    Its almost fall
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280

Its almost fall

It technically starts on the 21st of next month, but yeah, it is almost fall
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 329
    Well.

I haven't seen a delevloper for a long time.
    I mean, I don't play much if at all but, I haven't even seen one on the forums. Someone will probably come and prove me wrong and say that someone was on a few days ago. Whatever. I used to have hope but these developers need to at least shoot us a message every so often. I'm fed up, frankly.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 886
    Soon! Echo echo echo...
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406

Summer has been busy. Spoiler alert: there has been a lot of work on an all-new online Bytebin game (and Deepworlders will have early access!) :smiley:

I'm venturing off on vacation over the next couple weeks, but when I get back I will crank to get those new turrets out and maybe just maybe solve that super irritating mob issue.

See you mid-September!

A sign from Mike. But when is the update coming...
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 646

Summer has been busy. Spoiler alert: there has been a lot of work on an all-new online Bytebin game (and Deepworlders will have early access!) :smiley:

I'm venturing off on vacation over the next couple weeks, but when I get back I will crank to get those new turrets out and maybe just maybe solve that super irritating mob issue.

See you mid-September!

I was on call with @bean17magic when I saw that you were online, and I freaked out.
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029

See you mid-September!

Thank you. This is all we asked for. I am super stoked :)
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 443

See you mid-September!

Forget the turrets, please release the T-rex/ mammoth head/ mayflower painting in new worlds so I have a reason to explore xD

P.S. Not just the event worlds, spawning naturally
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 646

See you mid-September!

Forget the turrets, please release the T-rex/ mammoth head/ mayflower painting in new worlds so I have a reason to explore xD

P.S. Not just the event worlds, spawning naturally
    Hey, just be happy that we're getting stuff.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280
    Wait, did you say NEW GAME?

DONT LEAVE US AT THAT, SPEAK YOU....

• BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422
    I love deepworld :/
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 639
    New game..... now I'm excited.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956

We still plan to continue to add content to Deepworld. The mob issue has induced a lot of frustration for us but we do still have several things in the pipeline.

The new game has given us a much needed jolt of energy, that is all :smile:
  • TheBlindEyeTheBlindEye Member Posts: 639

We still plan to continue to add content to Deepworld. The mob issue has induced a lot of frustration for us but we do still have several things in the pipeline.

One of the Mike comments without a "soon", this is something indeed. Also since I'm sorta back, in the forums at least, what actually caused the mobs to disappear or despawn. You can get technical if you want :smile:
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422

Mob Issue is fixed dough
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    TBHIm more interested in the new game.
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029

TBHIm more interested in the new game.

Super totally same tbh.
  • joyjoy Member Posts: 13
    Awesome
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    Why is this even alive? It's almost fall.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,316
    I just hope thw next game wont also become a meme :(

Suggestion tho, since deepworlders gets an early access, why not make the deepworld accounts usable on the new game?