App Store Reviews Please :)

jsonperljsonperl Posts: 185
Hiya. We're going to be running some ads to bring in some new players but since we released a new version, the amount of reviews is very small. It would help a lot if you could take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. Thanks!

Comments

• RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Posts: 1,096
    Sure thing! As soon as i can get to my ipad, which is currently being used by my mom :neutral:
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 971
    Done, and done!
  • edited May 8
    Is It For Android Yet? Because Most Of My Friends Have Android Devices
    Post edited by DakotaTheLegend12431 on
  • MidnightMidnight In a galaxy far far awayPosts: 81
    I will see if I can write a review, I love this game =D
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,007
    Android pls
  • RedManRedMan Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 2,500
    Oh my god... time for one of the biggest reviews I will ever write
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifePosts: 1,091
    edited May 8
    Done too :)
    It's heartbreaking to see the game rated 2.5 stars.. deepworld deserves 4 just for what it is now.. Also, I think one of the reviews is CashMoney xD
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshinePosts: 248
    Done
  • jsonperljsonperl Posts: 185
    Thanks folks! Any more would be appreciated!
  • Not For Android Yet? Awe
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Fun Fact: A newly manufactured RPG-7 costs around $2000-2500.Posts: 1,434
    Its now a 3 star rating. Its pretty sad to say that at least 2 of the reviews are similar in story. I also bet CashMoney rated the game 1 star because he got banned LOL.
  • vmh20vmh20 Posts: 594
    I hate the review that says "I miss the old graphics"....... It's been done, grow up.
  • DebatorDebator time out chairPosts: 412
    vmh20 said:

I hate the review that says "I miss the old graphics"....... It's been done, grow up.

Its a genuine argu-

Im not even gonna try anymore
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and alivePosts: 2,706
    Debator said:

vmh20 said:

Its a genuine argu-

Im not even gonna try anymore
    I don't even remember the old graphics but I'm a trouble maker so I miss them as well, I want a toggle for them plox..

In all seriousness, I think I made my old pixel art based on the old graphics, and the new graphics just creep me out with how things look
  • RedManRedMan Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 2,500
    For some reason, the only review I can see is mine...
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 104
    I'm going to now....
    edited May 9
    Dracul said:

vmh20 said:

breaking news: people can't miss things and have personal opinions because people who disagree will HATE them. full story at 11.
    You can have a smart answer but the part that I hated about it is that they rated it 3 stars for something that happened almost 2 years ago.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,007
    vmh20 said:

Dracul said:

vmh20 said:

breaking news: people can't miss things and have personal opinions because people who disagree will HATE them. full story at 11.
    You can have a smart answer but the part that I hated about it is that they rated it 3 stars for something that happened almost 2 years ago.
    Yeah that's ridiculous. That's not even an opinion, that's holding a grudge and trolling
    4 stars now.
    I love how everyone is saying that its a shame that the game has 2/3 stars, but if I see a game that hasnt changed significantly in 2 years I wont give it a solid 5/5
  • DraculDracul MalkuthPosts: 1,481
    Debator said:

I love how everyone is saying that its a shame that the game has 2/3 stars, but if I see a game that hasnt changed significantly in 2 years I wont give it a solid 5/5

>implying that a game has to constantly have updates to be a good game

>looks at mario

>looks at castlevania: SOTN

>looks at CS: Source/CS: GO

people can just be judging the base game you know. just because it's part of YOUR criteria that updates are relevant to the experience doesn't mean it is for other people. So many simple, repetitive games get high ratings despite minor or no additions.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love new updates. Doesn't mean they're essential to judging whether the core experience is important.
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and alivePosts: 2,706
    If the game fails to keep people interested for long periods of time, then you have issues. You can't judge Mario, CS:GO etc in the same catagory as Deepworld, you need to compare Deepworld to other MMO's/ Sandbox games. MMO's, when you're max level and have all the things, what is there left for you to do?
    edited May 10
    Dracul said:

Debator said:

>implying that a game has to constantly have updates to be a good game

>looks at mario

>looks at castlevania: SOTN

>looks at CS: Source/CS: GO

people can just be judging the base game you know. just because it's part of YOUR criteria that updates are relevant to the experience doesn't mean it is for other people. So many simple, repetitive games get high ratings despite minor or no additions.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love new updates. Doesn't mean they're essential to judging whether the core experience is important.
    I guess youre right, it depends on the person
    ETA:
    I do think that the kind of game changes the need for updates. Mario doesnt get any, but thats not a MMO. Mario has alot of levels with a learning curve, and has all the content it needs from the getgo. Cs:GO littiarly has daily tweak updates, and still has new content in the form of community maps.
    I dont know castlevania, so cant make a comment about that

And these clicker games dont have the lifespan of a mmo. The fact they have high ratings is because its a trend for a while, and then dies because it has no content added to it.

You are completely right that updates dont make a game good or bad, but an MMO does need more content if it wants to keep people playing.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthPosts: 1,481
    edited May 10

If the game fails to keep people interested for long periods of time, then you have issues. You can't judge Mario, CS:GO etc in the same catagory as Deepworld, you need to compare Deepworld to other MMO's/ Sandbox games. MMO's, when you're max level and have all the things, what is there left for you to do?

As most have stated, lots of personal goalsetting in game. Sure, not a lot of people will do that; but they exist no matter how much anyone thinks they shouldn't. People will enjoy this game regardless of other people's enjoyment of it. To say that there is "nothing left to do" is a long shot in a sandbox since the amount of things to build is only as limited as your creativity. Furthermore you say "have all the things" like it's such an easy thing to do when really it isn't. I've compared Deepworld's looting gameplay to a gatcha game at times. Your potential for getting everything will always be hindered by your luck. It isn't a straight, set in stone grind wherein if you play X amount of time you'll have all there is to get.

Again, you said it yourself that it's a sandbox game. There is no set expiration for it. It all depends on each respective player's will.

To everyone asking for updates, attacking the people who still enjoy the game isn't the answer. As it is, the base game is pretty complete. The add-ons will come when they come.

-

@Debator yes, but the point you were addressing were people's thoughts on the reviews, yes?

My entire point is that there's no need to delegitimize people who think the game's ratings are too low. They have a right to their thoughts and as do you. There is no need to see them as a joke.
    Post edited by Dracul on
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Posts: 404
    My thoughts, which are no more valid than anyone else's:

Rating it high encourages new people to download and play. Encouraging new people means more potential revenue for the game. More revenue increases likelihood of all those developments you want.

There might be a need for updates for older players, but new players should find enough content to keep them busy for at least six months.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 104
    How many stars now?
  • ChickenChicken boredPosts: 863
    Gave a nice review and 5 stars!!
  • jsonperljsonperl Posts: 185
    Thanks folks!