Social Media Use

lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,071
What kinds of apps/websites are you guys using the most these days? We do stuff on Facebook. We have some Twitter stuff coming up soon. Instagram? What else?

Comments

• FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,092
    Discord? Although it's more chatting than social media..
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,646
    Snapchat
  • Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 209
    Instagram
  • DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 491
    Discord and facebook. Skype also, but cant advertise on that. Maybe an official deepworld discord?
  • KaitBKaitB Canada, ehMember Posts: 1,467
    Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, and Tumblr :)
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,062
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are the most used.

I don't use any of them, but that's just me.

Also YouTube/Twitch streams could be useful for advertising.
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,202
    I'm with @Debator I think an official deepworld discord could be good.
  • DakotaTheLegend12431DakotaTheLegend12431 Member Posts: 154
    I Am With @Tannerman14 And @Debator
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,899
    I feel like an official chat would be troublesome, but I guess it's possible
    I use Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat the most.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,029

Discord

• MidnightMidnight In a galaxy far far awayMember Posts: 82
    Pinstrest?!? Lol it would be cool to see pins of builds, rares, bunch of stuff,
    Midnight said:

Pinstrest?!? Lol it would be cool to see pins of builds, rares, bunch of stuff,

There is a pinning feature in
    RedMan said:

Discord

• MidnightMidnight In a galaxy far far awayMember Posts: 82
    edited May 15

@redman Why not Discord and pintrest?
    Lol

• vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 603
    I use Instagram a lot.
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,675
    Best form of promotion

I'm mainly FB and Discord (new to that one)

I do get a lovely notification everytime deepworldgame's account posts on twitter though thanks to my settings
    IMG_2087.PNG
    1334 x 750 - 2M
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and aliveMember Posts: 2,736
    edited May 16
    Discord and a tiny bit of twitter.
    The only problem with discord is you can't really advertise on it. You can give people a link, and it's up to them to join it like joining a forum.

If you want a full public discord, you can partner with discord for a custom invite url.

But as flynn stated it's less social media and more general chatter.. not to mention if you don't set up the the server (or guild as discord calls it) correctly, the server ends up being a complete mess and waste of time.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,640
    nothing, social media is garbage.
    edited May 16

Discord and a tiny bit of twitter.
    The only problem with discord is you can't really advertise on it. You can give people a link, and it's up to them to join it like joining a forum.

If you want a full public discord, you can partner with discord for a custom invite url.

But as flynn stated it's less social media and more general chatter.. not to mention if you don't set up the the server (or guild as discord calls it) correctly, the server ends up being a complete mess and waste of time.

Its pretty easy to set discord up, though, especially with extremely intelligent bots that do everything and also take care of moderation
    If you're using bots on discord to do all your moderating, then you're doing it wrong. A bot can only do so much. Trust me, I've worked on discord bots and you end up screwing yourself over with automatic moderation.

And I was talking about setting up roles, permissions, channels, everything so it all works without the need of bots. And any extra functions you do need, can be achieved by coding a bot specific for that server. (Or a music bot.. go steal someone elses music bot for sure)
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,071
    Interesting. I've never heard of discord. I will check it out. I think we maybe set up an insta at some point but I'm not sure we ever use dot if we did. If we made one or revived if there is an old one, are you guys interested in game related photos or more real life Bytebin stuff or both?
    I'd say a bit of both, but more focused on the bytebin side of things.

Discord is basically chat for gamers, orginally designed to be a replacement for skype and teamspeak, but also more heavily focused on the text side. This is due to a lot of gamers wanting access to a place for their guilds on MMO's where everyone can talk outside of the game, but not have to use voice chat, teamspeak lacks that, and skype is poorly organised for discussions between dozens of people.

It's completely free, no advertisements, and the only thing you can throw your money at is Discord Nitro.. which just lets you use emotes from other servers and animate your avatar. As well as a few other things that nobody really notices.

Discord is extremely popular now days as roles can allow users to access certain text channels, voice channels, have certain perms etc. It has basically everything a guild owner might want, less useful for the whole.. lets say "developer" side of things, and it probably won't be able to fully replace a forum in terms of functionality and keeping track of conversations that you had 3 months ago, given it's very instant message based.
    Multarix said:

If you're using bots on discord to do all your moderating, then you're doing it wrong. A bot can only do so much. Trust me, I've worked on discord bots and you end up screwing yourself over with automatic moderation.

And I was talking about setting up roles, permissions, channels, everything so it all works without the need of bots. And any extra functions you do need, can be achieved by coding a bot specific for that server. (Or a music bot.. go steal someone elses music bot for sure)

Some new bots, like Rhino, are capable to surprise you, but some require a certain member amount
    All I need in a discord server is my selfbot and my Aggro Helper, don't need any fancy moderation bots. If I need features I can code them into my selfbot or Aggro as I need them. Auto moderation really isn't needed.
    Multarix said:

All I need in a discord server is my selfbot and my Aggro Helper, don't need any fancy moderation bots. If I need features I can code them into my selfbot or Aggro as I need them. Auto moderation really isn't needed.

That would be good if the server has coding experts, which I am sure it would, I was just pointing the general and easier way that most servers, including mine, run on
    I've seen servers with 6k members running around with only a logger bot which just logs things that happen, bans, kicks, joins etc. They run quite well without bots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you're after auto-kicking someone for saying bad words, or simply deleting the message on bad words being in the message content, I don't see why you would need bots to help moderate. additional features, say.. new reddit posts or the ability to google search things with a simple command, those kinds of bots I can understand, but not actual moderation.
    lisa said:

Interesting. I've never heard of discord. I will check it out. I think we maybe set up an insta at some point but I'm not sure we ever use dot if we did. If we made one or revived if there is an old one, are you guys interested in game related photos or more real life Bytebin stuff or both?

Ild say both. Sneak peaks of the game updates are also nice, as we are kinda left in the dark concering updates and such
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,026
    Snapchat is all I really use.
    p1nkbr0 said:

Snapchat is all I really use.

Add me bby
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 333
    DISCORD thats all I use :)
  • SweetenOrange15SweetenOrange15 I don't know...Member Posts: 361

i use 4chan for little boys

Omg u a pedo? i sue and reported you to the FBEEYE...