Brewing as a new skill?

NeZeMNeZeM Member Posts: 4
Hello there!

I've had this thought for a long time by now.
I feel like the horticulture skill have no more purpose then finishing the achievement and beeing able to craft those flowers. You could achieve both these things without having to level up horticulture.
To get to the point, we have made other skills more inportant before by adding new features to the game.

If you could somehow mix the organic materials with each other by brewing we could make it more inportant to level up horticulture. These potions or items you make could have varying effects on your other skills and preformance. This way I think the game would be even more fun and it might just attract new players to the game.

Horticulture would be a skill that is used and so many items would all of a sudden have another way to be used.
The game would be broader so to say and the skills that are already developed would be used in a awsome new way.

What do you think?

-NeZeM

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,370
    I actually like this idea, I think we should have it.
  • NeZeMNeZeM Member Posts: 4
    I'm happy to hear :)!
    I actually think this is a great way to do much to the game without actually having to put in trenendious amount of work ;)
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 731
    Yeah! I could imagine consumables that up your agility, survival, etc. for about 30 minutes.. except they don't affect crafting so they aren't too OP.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
    Shadow711 said:

Yeah! I could imagine consumables that up your agility, survival, etc. for about 30 minutes.. except they don't affect crafting so they aren't too OP.

What about the developers add in magic potions. Where it gives a buff on your survival, agility, perception, combat, engineering, and luck. It will be either looted or bought from the crown shop for whatever price they put on it. The higher the Brewery skill, the longer duration of the potion.

Although using too much of it under a short amount of time, it will lead your player to an overdose. Depleting hearts and agility overtime. The only way to retain your hearts and agility is dying, or going to another world.
    I don't think magic potions fit with the logical timepoint of the game, I guess just brews and stews are enough
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
    Okay how about this. We use mushrooms for the brewery stands. It cleans the mushrooms and you eat it. If you don't clean it, you die.

Okay how about this. We use mushrooms for the brewery stands. It cleans the mushrooms and you eat it. If you don't clean it, you die.

How about we just use those useless Wine Presses which were supposed to be used for stuff but never have?
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    edited May 31
    I feel that brewing up stat buffs would be usless at a certain point of the game. I'm maxed out and no mob is difficult. There should be added bosses that are difficult for maxed players to take on. Would make end game be more interesting
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 821
    Brewing > alchemy > medieval and old > not steampunk
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 731
    The higher the Brewery skill, the longer duration of the potion.

Let's not get to close to items that already exist in Growtopia, because that game already gave issues to us..