Commerce as an Announcement

Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
edited May 19 in General
I'm seeing a lot of commerce threads that barely have any views and comments related to the item being sold. I think we should have an announcement thread where sellers can get more attention for their item. Vote for one of the options you likely support.

Commerce as an Announcement 32 votes

Yes; Make it an announcement
43%
AuraSpyroDraculCleoAdkins007Tannerman14JonathanRomyrjohnandreiHydroblade29JackyMaverickAndroid2_0Debator_Brainstorm_MiesnerMan86 14 votes
No; No need for one
18%
MultarixRomyrjohnandreiTealHyenaSetenRasen_Kyugan_FoxRoseGold 6 votes
Maybe; I support both sides
37%
lxlyZacywackoBloonsmineGilbyRomyrjohnandreiGlobeInceptionChickenX_Onyx_XAthenamofc1991Magic 12 votes

Comments

• DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    A daily commerce thread thats stickied and replaced could work well tbh
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,818
    edited May 19
    No; No need for one
    The problem here doesn't lie in lack if publicity, but rather the target audience.
    People on the forum for the most part aren't going to take much notice in trading, given that trading requires both players to be in-game in the same world. It's easier to walk into a market world and repeat yourself over and over until someone bites.

Anyone interested in trading for that item is going to be in a market world already.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    Multarix said:

The problem here doesn't lie in lack if publicity, but rather the target audience.
    People on the forum for the most part aren't going to take much notice in trading, given that trading requires both players to be in-game in the same world. It's easier to walk into a market world and repeat yourself over and over until someone bites.

Anyone interested in trading for that item is going to be in a market world already.

Not necessarily true. Maybe I only knew I wanted something when I saw the thread? Or the other way around, someone is buying something I am not consciously selling while on the forum?
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
    Alright this might sound a bit ironic since this is my thread and i voted yes.
    I'm sure that at least some forumers here are needing resources. You ever have that feeling where you've been in a market for hours, wanting to trade for a certain item. That nobody has at the time? We may even know that at certain times the trader isn't avaliable to be on the game at some time. Something that's common/uncommon but nobody is planning on trading it.
    On the forums however, you may get a shot at finding someone who has what you're looking for. Maybe even more than one forumer. I believe that when Summer hits, the more traders vary, but time is always between you and the trader. If we have a thread for commerce, we can expand the market and give a variety of offers that you can trade for.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,818
    No; No need for one
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

Not necessarily true. Maybe I only knew I wanted something when I saw the thread? Or the other way around, someone is buying something I am not consciously selling while on the forum?
    If you found you wanted something when you saw the thread, it would do better a single thread instead of a single pinned topic with everyones trade items cause you can see by the title what they are selling. The same goes for selling. The fact trade threads get so little attention is because nobody here is doing trading.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 569
    me, being a huge trader, has got a lot to sell/buy, but only thing that is on market worlds is drama. i avoid them at all costs. i think this is a good idea.
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,064
    The commerce section is ignored by so many of us
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    Meh it works either way
    Just today, i went online a market twice, scamming complaining, people bombing, and all this insulting. Not that i dont mind it... just trading could be easier for forum users
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,366

Just today, i went online a market twice, scamming complaining, people bombing, and all this insulting. Not that i dont mind it... just trading could be easier for forum users

That's an interesting time you came at, are you sure the planets weren't lined up that moment?
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    I believe a group chat would be more effective. Have people apply to join so that the trolls can be filtered out. I run into the problem of having difficulty finding people to trade with aswell. A group chat just seems better suited to the task at hand

That's an interesting time you came at, are you sure the planets weren't lined up that moment?

reasures my conspiracy of the universe hating me. jokes, how could anyone hate me? :p
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 388
    No; No need for one
    Meh. We have markets for a reason. I understand they are hectic but this could be just as hectic with spam and off-topic stuff like what happens with EVERY THREAD EVER ON THE DW FORUMS.
    oh my gosh @TealHyena , you will never guess what happened to becky today, oh lordy. am i getting off topic? whoops
    edited June 16
    No; No need for one

oh my gosh @TealHyena , you will never guess what happened to becky today, oh lordy. am i getting off topic? whoops

Lol
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 439
    There are lots of trade worlds, how about serious traders post what they sell/ buy and decide a market? Yorkshire or brass are always dead
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    Also if you need a lot of one thing for a project world it would be useful to have a way to reach out to as many people as possible
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    @Bastian7 had a trading world where he only added serious traders. I never ran into trolls when it was in use. It kind of died away though
    No; No need for one
    Inception said:

@Bastian7 had a trading world where he only added serious traders. I never ran into trolls when it was in use. It kind of died away though

That's what we need again.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 318
    Mofc1991 was here
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 318
    I think serious traders such as myself should trade in a specific world where they can trade. For example this is me.... GIMMIE EARTH NO DICKS BUYING EARTH
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,366
    mofc1991 said:

I think serious traders such as myself should trade in a specific world where they can trade. For example this is me.... GIMMIE EARTH NO (EBBS) BUYING EARTH

Mom! There's a bad word!
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    edited June 17
    It was called deepweb trading if i remember correctly