Commerce as an Announcement

Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Fun Fact: A newly manufactured RPG-7 costs around $2000-2500.Posts: 1,434
edited May 19 in General
I'm seeing a lot of commerce threads that barely have any views and comments related to the item being sold. I think we should have an announcement thread where sellers can get more attention for their item. Vote for one of the options you likely support.

Commerce as an Announcement 14 votes

Yes; Make it an announcement
42%
DraculTannerman14JonathanHydroblade29DebatorRedMan 6 votes
No; No need for one
14%
MultarixRasen_Kyugan_Fox 2 votes
Maybe; I support both sides
42%
ZacywackoGilbyChickenX_Onyx_XAthenaMagic 6 votes

Comments

• DraculDracul MalkuthPosts: 1,481
    A daily commerce thread thats stickied and replaced could work well tbh
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and alivePosts: 2,706
    edited May 19
    No; No need for one
    The problem here doesn't lie in lack if publicity, but rather the target audience.
    People on the forum for the most part aren't going to take much notice in trading, given that trading requires both players to be in-game in the same world. It's easier to walk into a market world and repeat yourself over and over until someone bites.

Anyone interested in trading for that item is going to be in a market world already.
  • DebatorDebator time out chairPosts: 412
    Multarix said:

The problem here doesn't lie in lack if publicity, but rather the target audience.
    People on the forum for the most part aren't going to take much notice in trading, given that trading requires both players to be in-game in the same world. It's easier to walk into a market world and repeat yourself over and over until someone bites.

Anyone interested in trading for that item is going to be in a market world already.

Not necessarily true. Maybe I only knew I wanted something when I saw the thread? Or the other way around, someone is buying something I am not consciously selling while on the forum?
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Fun Fact: A newly manufactured RPG-7 costs around $2000-2500.Posts: 1,434
    Alright this might sound a bit ironic since this is my thread and i voted yes.
    I'm sure that at least some forumers here are needing resources. You ever have that feeling where you've been in a market for hours, wanting to trade for a certain item. That nobody has at the time? We may even know that at certain times the trader isn't avaliable to be on the game at some time. Something that's common/uncommon but nobody is planning on trading it.
    On the forums however, you may get a shot at finding someone who has what you're looking for. Maybe even more than one forumer. I believe that when Summer hits, the more traders vary, but time is always between you and the trader. If we have a thread for commerce, we can expand the market and give a variety of offers that you can trade for.
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and alivePosts: 2,706
    No; No need for one
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

Not necessarily true. Maybe I only knew I wanted something when I saw the thread? Or the other way around, someone is buying something I am not consciously selling while on the forum?
    If you found you wanted something when you saw the thread, it would do better a single thread instead of a single pinned topic with everyones trade items cause you can see by the title what they are selling. The same goes for selling. The fact trade threads get so little attention is because nobody here is doing trading.