Shop Stall function for Trade Worlds

DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,527
Constantly messaging to find the items I'm buying in trade worlds is kinda tiring so I was trying to think of a function to make the buying and selling aspect of the game less exhausting.

The idea I thought of was inspired by an old mmo I played called Ragnarok Online. In that game, there was a job/class character called the Merchant which was a class more dedicated to the economy aspect of the game than fighting (depending on who you'd ask this won't be true lmao). The class was able to obtain a skill wherein they could "set up shop" which would make a small text bubble appear over their heads which when clicked would show what wares they have for sale and for what amount of cash they are selling it for.

I figured this could be tweaked a bit to fit DW by having both what you have for sale and what you're looking to buy on display in a trade world by tapping the aforementioned small text bubble/banner/icon. When someone wants to buy something, they can then perhaps use a new section in pming focused on trading wherein there would be either a dropdown menu or some similar system which shows both the seller's wares and what they're looking to buy. (This is to avoid needless spam through the trade pm function. Perhaps adding a spam block would work too).

So to make things a bit clearer since I feel I haven't illustrated my point too well. Lets say player A sets up a shop. If player B taps or clicks the icon/banner/bubble above him, the following pops up:

Selling - Worth
Android Crate - 3 dias or diamond tools
Rabbit Foot - 2 Onyx or Onyx pocketwatch

Lets say Player B wants to buy a Rabbit foot for 2 onyx. He'd click the PM function within the window wherein he'd simply have to select the Rabbit's Foot and the 2 onyx option

A buying tab could also be added but I haven't thought this through too well yet.

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,431
    That kind of was suggested before... in a computer Idea or something, but I do agree that we need that
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,050
    Definitely useful, it's really annoying saying 'buying 1k bomb supplies' over and over until people get so fed up with it that they offer me bomb supplies against their own will.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,527
    RedMan said:

That kind of was suggested before... in a computer Idea or something, but I do agree that we need that

Wasn't aware, although if that function was suggested as tied to an item it'd be inconvenient. It should just be a feature.
    Zacywacko said:

Definitely useful, it's really annoying saying 'buying 1k bomb supplies' over and over until people get so fed up with it that they offer me bomb supplies against their own will.

Yep. Typing repeatedly gets exhausting.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,835
    If you're on iOS, you can create a text shortcut so you can type like 2 letters and then press spacebar and your entire statement comes up
    Multarix said:

If you're on iOS, you can create a text shortcut so you can type like 2 letters and then press spacebar and your entire statement comes up

Or you can copy the needed statement, and paste it over and over without needing to type one letter...
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,835
    Last I checked, deepworld doesn't support copy and paste unless you're on PC.
    You should check again, because it does nowimageimage
    You_Doodle_2017-05-23T15_54_22Z.jpg
    382 x 414 - 98K
    Multarix said:

Last I checked, deepworld doesn't support copy and paste unless you're on PC.

That still doesn't cancel the fact that it works on all devices except phones
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    That's not all devices then...
    ShiroNai said:

It's still not "PC Only"
    RedMan said:

ShiroNai said:

It's still not "PC Only"
    It only works on iPads, which means, iPod and iPhone. And more people have iPods or iPhones then there are people with iPads.
    Multarix said:

RedMan said:

ShiroNai said:

It's still not "PC Only"
    It only works on iPads, which means, iPod and iPhone. And more people have iPods or iPhones then there are people with iPads.
    Technically... iPads, PCs, and Macs
    And also, where do you get your statistics? I believe much more people use IPads, PCs, and Macs combined than those who use IPhones and IPods combined.