((IGNORE, problem NOT solved))

_Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
edited May 24 in Bugs
Very recently, three worlds spawned; temperate, Brain, and deep...

The temperate world was broken; no mobs existed and turrets were visible as grey circles...
That's not the problem, the problem is that the other two were not broken, but because of the mobs and stuff, they were extremely laggy and I was unable to access them for a full 4 seconds, but the broken one was okay for me for some reason (*cough cough mob lag*)...
So, my point here... is that my internet is very good and works with other games, except Deepworld, all worlds work for me, except exploring worlds... I just want you to reduce the lag, because even if there are some players with flawless internet, much more players have moderate internet and even above-moderate internet connection but are suffering from the lag of this game, I can't explore most of the time because of this, and you just need to get rid of it.
Post edited by _Brainstorm_ on

Comments

• DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 511
    I never have this lag problem in normal worlds, even on school internet. It might be your device. I play on iphone 5s
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 375
    I used to have that problem real bad, i recently got iPad Air and very rarely lag,
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,644
    i cant connect at all xd
    unfortunately for me i am too lazy to mail.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    Debator said:

I never have this lag problem in normal worlds, even on school internet. It might be your device. I play on iphone 5s

My device is an IPad Mini 2, every other game I play works almost flawlessly except Deepworld, so I don't think my device is the problem
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and aliveMember Posts: 2,758
    iPad Mini 2 is a pretty old device. It was released in 2013, making it ~4 years old. Yeah, I'd say the lag is probably due to your device.
    Multarix said:

iPad Mini 2 is a pretty old device. It was released in 2013, making it ~4 years old. Yeah, I'd say the lag is probably due to your device.

But the IOS is up to date, and I just bought the device 3 monthes ago.
    RedMan said:

Multarix said:

But the IOS is up to date, and I just bought the device 3 monthes ago.
    the fact the device is bought new doesnt mean it isnt outdated. Its hardware is simply outdated
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 375
    @RedMan you can't compare to other games as some need more from devices then others
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,081
    Definitely a device issue. Sorry :(
    Retta said:

@RedMan you can't compare to other games as some need more from devices then others

The thing is that even some of the heaviest games work properly with this device, Deepworld is just overly internet-taking, and if a person needs to buy every newest IPad to be able to explore, then I'm not surprised why the game population is dying down.
    RedMan said:

Retta said:

The thing is that even some of the heaviest games work properly with this device, Deepworld is just overly internet-taking, and if a person needs to buy every newest IPad to be able to explore, then I'm not surprised why the game population is dying down.
    this has nothing to do with internet.
    This has to do with your actual device. To expect a game like Deepworld to work properly on devices that are becoming more and more obsolete is not reasonable, honestly. This is why, after a while, we have to stop supporting devices. As technology changes devices just can't keep up.
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Retta said:

Actually the problem IS internet; the game keeps glitching in and out, saying that "internet connection is weak" or somrthing
    RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Retta said:

Actually the problem IS internet; the game keeps glitching in and out, saying that "internet connection is weak" or somrthing
    Seriously? If it is an internet problem, upgrade your internet. But you said you had good internet? Than its a device problem. Its not deepworlds problem, as youre the only one having this problem
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

Debator said:

RedMan said:

Retta said:

Seriously? If it is an internet problem, upgrade your internet. But you said you had good internet? Than its a device problem. Its not deepworlds problem, as youre the only one having this problem
    You know what? Fine, I'm just going to ignore it and maybe not explore until another glitched world spawns, or maybe just play another game until I find the strongest internet in the world.
  • Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 209
    I play mostly on iPad mini 2 I got a few years ago. It gets really laggy when I'm exploring in new worlds, that is why I mostly build in my private worlds. I have really good internet, it usually plays online PS4 games with no lag at all. sometimes it's not laggy at all but that a rare occasion. I usually play with my iphone 7+ and it really doesn't lag at all. It doesn't really bother me too much I have gotten used to it. I'm sorry you are experiencing his lag so much hope you can find something to help with this.

I play mostly on iPad mini 2 I got a few years ago. It gets really laggy when I'm exploring in new worlds, that is why I mostly build in my private worlds. I have really good internet, it usually plays online PS4 games with no lag at all. sometimes it's not laggy at all but that a rare occasion. I usually play with my iphone 7+ and it really doesn't lag at all. It doesn't really bother me too much I have gotten used to it. I'm sorry you are experiencing his lag so much hope you can find something to help with this.

Yes, I'll try to catch up with economy through trading instead of exploring, I was wishing I could loot me some crowns any time in the future though, but I hope the forum game crowns I should earn soon or later would cover a new world for me
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,033
    edited May 26
    Problems related to mob spawning isn't necessarily a problem of your internet connection, it's a problem with your RAM. This is not related to your internet at all.

When mobs move, your device has to make calculations of their location in relation to you on the fly. This is done with the help of your RAM. The problem arises when your device has to make calculations of players locations and actions, and the locations and actions of mobs spawned by you and other players. This takes a dramatic toll on your old RAM and it can't keep up very well. It's your device. Not your internet. Not the game (necessarily).
    edited May 26
    p1nkbr0 said:

Problems related to mob spawning isn't necessarily a problem of your internet connection, it's a problem with your RAM. This is not related to your internet at all.

When mobs move, your device has to make calculations of their location in relation to you on the fly. This is done with the help of your RAM. The problem arises when your device has to make calculations of players locations and actions, and the locations and actions of mobs spawned by you and other players. This takes a dramatic toll on your old RAM and it can't keep up very well. It's your device. Not your internet. Not the game (necessarily).

But my RAM is also perfect, it can take up games that barely work on an Xbox or a PlayStation, once again I say, and I don't know why people just forget this, every other very heavy game works for me except new Deepworld worlds, and my device is new, only 3 monthes old.

Now, ignore this discussion already, because nobody has the solution for me.
    RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

But my RAM is also perfect, it can take up games that barely work on an Xbox or a PlayStation, once again I say, and I don't know why people just forget this, every other very heavy game works for me except new Deepworld worlds, and my device is new, only 3 monthes old.

if you want people to ignore the discussion you shouldnt bump it nor make it say "PROBLEM NOT SOLVED" in capitals. that grabs attention
    Debator said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

if you want people to ignore the discussion you shouldnt bump it nor make it say "PROBLEM NOT SOLVED" in capitals. that grabs attention
    Well, first of all, it was already the second post in the main page, and second only NOT is in capitals, to make it clear... and seriously, you post on the discussion just to tell me how to avoid people not posting on it?
    doesnt it become the second post if you post on it? I dont mind it becoming the popular..
    sigh, the word NOT is in capitals, which will grab attention. People will look at a post which says "problem NOT solved", as they want to solve it. If you want it do die, you shouldnt post on it, instead of wanting to be final word every single time
    RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=when+wass+the+ipad+mini+2+released&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBAU698AU698&oq=when+wass+the+ipad+mini+2+released&aqs=chrome..69i57.7903j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=when+was+the+ipad+mini+2+released
    Your device may have been bought 3 months ago, this doesn't change the fact that the hardware in it is 4 years old.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,033
    edited May 27
    RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Apple is notorious for sticking old POS into their macs and upcharging it by thousands of dollars. A mac device is a pretty box with a somewhat nice OS and absolutely out-of-date components inside. iOS is Apple's bread-and-butter. They get A-series chips which are the best in the mobile business. However, an iPad 2 is still old. My discussion was primarily targeted at users on iPad 2s.

And, no, the device does not have "perfect" RAM. It doesn't have the mobile-equivalent of DDR4, it isn't upclocked. The RAM is basically the bare minimum to perform most ordinary tasks, multitask, and do some gaming on the side (if on mobile. Macs basically do nothing in that latter regard). PS and Xbox gaming environments are also highly optimized. If a game doesn't work on PS or Xbox, then the developers essentially suck ass because the uniformity of consoles allows for hyper-optimization. It makes no sense a mobile device could out-perform a console designed for high-end gaming.

Also, nobody has the solution you want to hear. That's different than offering the correct solutions which are as follows:

1. Upgrade your internet or get a new ISP
    2. Get a new device
    edited May 27
    p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Apple is notorious for sticking old POS into their macs and upcharging it by thousands of dollars. A mac device is a pretty box with a somewhat nice OS and absolutely out-of-date components inside. iOS is Apple's bread-and-butter. They get A-series chips which are the best in the mobile business. However, an iPad 2 is still old. My discussion was primarily targeted at users on iPad 2s.

And, no, the device does not have "perfect" RAM. It doesn't have the mobile-equivalent of DDR4, it isn't upclocked. The RAM is basically the bare minimum to perform most ordinary tasks, multitask, and do some gaming on the side (if on mobile. Macs basically do nothing in that latter regard). PS and Xbox gaming environments are also highly optimized. If a game doesn't work on PS or Xbox, then the developers essentially suck ass because the uniformity of consoles allows for hyper-optimization. It makes no sense a mobile device could out-perform a console designed for high-end gaming.

Also, nobody has the solution you want to hear. That's different than offering the correct solutions which are as follows:

2. Get a new device
    p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

2. Get a new device
    The point is; the solution I want to hear is the only solution that is possible, I can't upgrade my internet further than it already is, waste of time and money and I can't convince my whole family to upgrade my internet to a stronger wifi, when it is already powerful enough and none of my family members are complaining about anything.

Also, I'm not paying a few thousand pounds to fix a problem that Deepworld doesn't want to fix, once again, I'll just stick to glitched worlds and other games.

PS: my iPad is not an IPad 2, it is an IPad mini 2, just thought I'd add this
    Now, I will not comment on this anymore, I only commented now because I had to, and because it was already the first in the page.
    RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

2. Get a new device
    p1nkbr0 said:

RedMan said:

p1nkbr0 said:

2. Get a new device
    The point is; the solution I want to hear is the only solution that is possible, I can't upgrade my internet further than it already is, waste of time and money and I can't convince my whole family to upgrade my internet to a stronger wifi, when it is already powerful enough and none of my family members are complaining about anything.

Also, I'm not paying a few thousand pounds to fix a problem that Deepworld doesn't want to fix, once again, I'll just stick to glitched worlds and other games.

PS: my iPad is not an IPad 2, it is an IPad mini 2, just thought I'd add this
    Now, I will not comment on this anymore, I only commented now because I had to, and because it was already the first in the page.
    you commented to have the final word reeeeee

The problem is still your device, if you want to believe it or not. The ipad mini 2 is simply old. http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_mini_2-5735.php

Its 4 years old and its specs arent that good. This gets worse if your storage is also full. Try deleting useless apps, as it can make a slight difference
    My brother has an ipad mini 2, so I might check how it works on his, to see its related. I got an iphone from the same generation (5s) which works perfectly which is odd
    I've found that the iPhone tends to have better specs than iPads or iPods. iPhone 5 performs better than the iPod 5 etc

The solution Redman, that you are suggesting, is that bytebin should completely re-optimise their game JUST to support your device.. which is 4 years old. In doing so, they'd end up dropping support for the newer devices. Which makes no sense.

iPod 5 has already been pretty much neglected by most developers, the iPad Mini 2 will be soon to follow, regardless of if you don't won't to believe it, the fact is that it will happen.

At this point consider yourself lucky that your device hasn't come across an apple "We no longer support this device and it will no longer recieve iOS updates - Apps are no longer able to support this device if they wish to be updated on the appstore"

Apple has done it before, they'll do it again.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    Multarix said:

I've found that the iPhone tends to have better specs than iPads or iPods. iPhone 5 performs better than the iPod 5 etc

The solution Redman, that you are suggesting, is that bytebin should completely re-optimise their game JUST to support your device.. which is 4 years old. In doing so, they'd end up dropping support for the newer devices. Which makes no sense.

iPod 5 has already been pretty much neglected by most developers, the iPad Mini 2 will be soon to follow, regardless of if you don't won't to believe it, the fact is that it will happen.

At this point consider yourself lucky that your device hasn't come across an apple "We no longer support this device and it will no longer recieve iOS updates - Apps are no longer able to support this device if they wish to be updated on the appstore"

Apple has done it before, they'll do it again.

This is why im eager for android. I dont like Apple in general.
    I'm just curious how we are supposed to fix a problem that is yours specifically. You claim Deepworld doesn't want to fix your problem. Please advise further.
    edited May 28
    lisa said:

I'm just curious how we are supposed to fix a problem that is yours specifically. You claim Deepworld doesn't want to fix your problem. Please advise further.

I don't know how it is my problem if any other game will work except Deepworld... am I supposed to get a new device just because Deepworld refuses to support all devices? I understand that Deepworld is updated by two developers only, but I think a lot of people with few-year old devices would have played Deepworld if I tried weren't for quick outdating.
This discussion has been closed.