Lore of the game.

WilliamdanielWilliamdaniel purififying worlds and planting trees and flowers.Member Posts: 57
So basically what I got is that there was a war between humans and brains but the war started when the most powerful revenant or demon unleashed all hell on the worlds fair (a grand fair where earths greatest minds got together to show off and collaborate) the demon then controlled all the minds of nearby scientist and robots and made them go crazy killing everyone and causing chaos after the disaster at the worlds fair. several scientist then got the smart idea to pursue even crazier ideas like brains. leading to the deepworld we know and love. Anything else I should know?

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,317
    This is the original lore, actually, just a summary because im on phone right now, could get the full one:
    A large fair for scientists was made, one of the scientists brought a new invention; the brain, he escaped and took over everyone's minds and is now known as the master brain, the people who are not controlled were found in a bunker underground
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690
    I believe @Dracul is well versed in game lore
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327

Scientists achieved success in Automata and steam-powered robotics well before the Fair, creating artificial machines that could move and perform basic tasks. These machines were interesting and entertaining, but lacked the complexity to be truly useful.

The discovery of Ectoplasm led to an immediate leap in sophistication. As a supernatural substance, ectoplasm could lend unplanned power and abilities to the simplest machines, and in large enough quantities could create a minimal level of intelligent, artificial life. The search for more and more powerful ectoplasmic designs led scientists into the dark side of the paranormal, calling up spirits from dark and Hellish realms. An increasing number of strange infernal events began to terrify the public, but scientists couldn't let up their search for greater supernatural power. One group finally began to integrate ectoplasm directly with human brains in an attempt to create total artificial life, and their success - albeit destined for disaster - led them to present the main event at the World's Fair.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 702
    A scientist by the name of Mike Diablo created a life form known as a brain. He had made it to be a butler with a mind of a smartphone, but made a mistake in the process. He had overloaded the brain with so much data that it knew the password to the cage it was locked in. One night it snuck out and built more and more Brains until it ran out of human brains. That's where it found it's purpose; to get more Brains than people. So it went down to a nearby village, and killed all the people and used their brains to make more Brains. This happened for days until there were more Brains than humans, and the remaining humans hid underground when their world was declared apocalyptic... and then the game comes into play. How about that theory?