Name of this fish?

tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,358
Just a question, what is the name of this fish Again? I need it for the museum I am working on, wanna put it on display with some information of the extinct creature.
IMG_0987.PNG
145 x 500 - 25K

Comments

• ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,695
    ,,Dead Fish"
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    I tried finding a photo of a fish fossil that looks similar and it was more of a challenge than I anticipated. But here's one that might work for you: Amphiplaga brachyptera.

It's a rare fossil that can only be found at Fossil Lake (no, I'm not making this up). The family is Percopsidae and their appearance is similar to trout. They apparently fed on insects and small crustaceans.

In other words, you could probably pick any type of extinct fish that suits your fancy
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,358

I tried finding a photo of a fish fossil that looks similar and it was more of a challenge than I anticipated. But here's one that might work for you: Amphiplaga brachyptera.

It's a rare fossil that can only be found at Fossil Lake (no, I'm not making this up). The family is Percopsidae and their appearance is similar to trout. They apparently fed on insects and small crustaceans.

In other words, you could probably pick any type of extinct fish that suits your fancy

It does look father similar, yes, but the DW fossil looks more...pointy. Anyway, much Appreciated, you gave me a lot of information nontheless! :)
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    tjergoz said:

It does look father similar, yes, but the DW fossil looks more...pointy. Anyway, much Appreciated, you gave me a lot of information nontheless! :)

It is super pointy. I just couldn't find one pointy enough xD

Good luck on your museum's quest!