How 2 Logic Gates Properly

Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 775
Proper Logic Gates in Deepworld!

Although, this probably isn't the most proper way. *Cough*http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/104378717251/introducing-drone-bot-and-yet-more-rares

But anyways, this is definately what is currently possible.

Now, Logic Gates are the basis for computing, and my aim is to introduce them to this not quite circuit friendly game. *cough*thelinkupabove

If you are completely lost on what I'm even talking about, I will gladly refer you to a boring but necessary read on Logic Gates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate

The gates we will be talking about here will have two inputs and one output, so keep that in mind.

Now there are six gates considered "basic" and I have designed Deepworld friendly versions of them that rely on the "racer" entity that can be spawned by spawners. These six gates are named as AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, and XNOR. These are, of course in no particular order.

First starting with the AND gate.
image
AND gates operate such that only when both inputs are on is the output also on.

Now the OR gate.
image
OR gates operate such that when either inputs or both inputs are on is the output also on.

NAND gate.
image
NAND gates are the opposite of AND such that either inputs or no inputs are on is the output on.

NOR gate.
image
NOR gates are the opposite of OR such that if no inputs are on the output is on.

XOR gate.
image
XOR gates are on only when either input is on, but not both.

XNOR gate.
image
XNOR gates are the opposite of XOR such that the output is on only when no inputs or both inputs are on.

For those of you who do not deal well with words, here is a simple truth table, the 0 means off and 1 means on.
image

Now, for a practical application, I have here a half adder circuit.
image

And also a full adder circuit.
image

EDIT: This is the wiki page on Adders, it is also a useful read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adder_(electronics)

If the full adder is confusing, don't worry, there is much harder stuff around, like a ripple carry adder circuit, which is a bunch of full adders linked up together.
For more info, I will be posting a tutorial on how to make a 4-bit ripple carry adder, so be on the lookout for that. It will be in the same category as this discussion.

Also, all of this stuff, including the working 4-bit ripple carry adder, is built in my world named "Derp Land"
There should be a very obvious plaque and teleporter somewhere in the sky.
Post edited by Dr_Derp on
AND.png
361 x 361 - 98K
OR.png
360 x 415 - 110K
NAND.png
360 x 361 - 97K
NOR.png
361 x 415 - 110K
XOR.png
361 x 361 - 98K
XNOR.png
361 x 361 - 96K
Half Adder.png
852 x 627 - 520K
Full Adder.png
1450 x 588 - 724K
Truth Tables.png
8534 x 7547 - 431K

Comments

  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    I didn't understand anything, but I can tell that it's something very cool
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    It's finally complete :o
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,765
    I have no clue to what you're talking about, but I am liking the drawings.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    FINALLY! I have been searching and asking for this for ages. Thank you very much for this beautiful explanation.
  • SetenSeten The city of England.Member Posts: 375
    Yeah, it's a great thing.
    I would rather have some smooth transition of the blocks moving like pistons, and (I know you know this) some other block to do this other than the mechanical trapdoors.
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 775
    Seten said:

    Yeah, it's a great thing.
    I would rather have some smooth transition of the blocks moving like pistons, and (I know you know this) some other block to do this other than the mechanical trapdoors.

    I definitely agree, I also think something like Terraria's actuators could be useful. If not actuators, at least a full block that can be collision toggled, it would make displaying circuitry much more appealing. Currently, its kinda difficult to make circuitry look good.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    Dr_Derp said:

    Seten said:

    Yeah, it's a great thing.
    I would rather have some smooth transition of the blocks moving like pistons, and (I know you know this) some other block to do this other than the mechanical trapdoors.

    I definitely agree, I also think something like Terraria's actuators could be useful. If not actuators, at least a full block that can be collision toggled, it would make displaying circuitry much more appealing. Currently, its kinda difficult to make circuitry look good.
    Or some kind of circuit mob, like a high speed racer terrapus
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 775
    edited June 8
    Everywhen said:

    Dr_Derp said:

    Seten said:

    Yeah, it's a great thing.
    I would rather have some smooth transition of the blocks moving like pistons, and (I know you know this) some other block to do this other than the mechanical trapdoors.

    I definitely agree, I also think something like Terraria's actuators could be useful. If not actuators, at least a full block that can be collision toggled, it would make displaying circuitry much more appealing. Currently, its kinda difficult to make circuitry look good.
    Or some kind of circuit mob, like a high speed racer terrapus
    http://blog.deepworldgame.com/post/104378717251/introducing-drone-bot-and-yet-more-rares

    :smiley:
Sign In or Register to comment.