Expiator Blockade ~ The Cure

TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 432
Placing this in general as this is a mixture between Gripes and Grins and Come and Visit.

Well. After reading (and being mildly entertained by) the "Expiator Blockade" thread which is mainly centered around a manhunt on a certain player for having a tendency to "blockade" the expiators, I have a cure to your problems (somewhat)!

As you may have read, I have a Hell Biome Box-spawner farm called Hallucination Peak (Gravedig ~ http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/25917/hallucination-peak-completed#latest This thread contains other details about the farm and its main features and uses! )
Anyhow, this farm has an expiator in the central mob-spawning box. Said box spawns friendly ghosts often, which can be released with ease. No dirt, digging, skeletal remains, or derpdee nuisances required! Although, you may want to bring an energy based weapon to keep the not-so-friendly ghosts at bay. Acid cannons are also encouraged to combat the bone Terripi to increase the spawn rate of the other mobs.

If you are unacquainted with the purpose of releasing a freindly ghost at an expiator, let me give you a limited knowledge of why we do this. First of all, releasing lost souls is a way to gain some easy exp. Second, there are various achievements associated with releasing lost souls that in turn award exp upon completion. All you need to do to release a lost soul (at Hallucination Peak) is to tap/click the expiator (large machine) when there is a ethereal freind milling about!

Just to make this clear: This thread is not intended to ensue the "witch hunt" that occurred in the other thread. It is purely informational and includes some shameless advertisement!

Enjoy!

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,431
    That sure is some solution, I'll go check it out
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 585
    well i believe the problem was the infernal protectors, whoever found the expiator first could blockade it, then the infernal protectors couldnt be destroyed. Your farm is a solution to the xp hunters, but not a cure to the development of unexplored hell biomes. dont take this the wrong way, but i believe there is more to fix.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 432

well i believe the problem was the infernal protectors, whoever found the expiator first could blockade it, then the infernal protectors couldnt be destroyed. Your farm is a solution to the xp hunters, but not a cure to the development of unexplored hell biomes. dont take this the wrong way, but i believe there is more to fix.

This is why I put somewhat :wink:
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    TealHyena said:

Somewhat of a "cure" isn't a cure if it can't fix a problem fully, it's just snake oil. Kudos for fixing the "killing ghosts" problem however.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 971
    Awesome. My world at "the skull farm" does the same and so does flatline falls.

Last 4/6 worlds were not blocked by me... I am on break for awhile...
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    derpdee said:

Last 4/6 worlds were not blocked by me... I am on break for awhile...

I don't want to start something, but out of anything I don't think ive heard an answer to this: why do you do it @derpdee ?
    Crowns!
    edited June 13
    Crowns? How does doing that, get you crowns?
    edited June 13

Maybe he means FROWNS
    Or perhaps... my theory that derpdee is a secret agent working for the Deepworld team to make people buy hell worlds is correct after all...

You do play the game right?
    edited June 13

TealHyena said:

Somewhat of a "cure" isn't a cure if it can't fix a problem fully, it's just snake oil. Kudos for fixing the "killing ghosts" problem however.
    Crucified for wording, once again xD
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,730
    the cure: not caring
    derpdee said:

You do play the game right?
    Ya I do, all the time. But I still fail to see how doing that helps you get them?
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,835
    Lets not get offtopic into why derpee is doing something that is pointless in a video game.
  • Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 264
    By blocking the expiater, u can loot all the purple protected chests urself. They sometimes contain crowns. Thats my take on it.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,835
    Last I heard crowns aren't lootable. Sooo
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 587
    Multarix said:

Last I heard crowns aren't lootable. Sooo

They are
    you'd probably be better off watching ads for crowns. But w/e derpee can waste his time on those worlds
    Multarix said:

you'd probably be better off watching ads for crowns. But w/e derpee can waste his time on those worlds

Says the person playing the same game.lol

None the less. Thanks for making a farming world with an open expaitor...
    derpdee said:

Multarix said:

:smile: You helped clear dirt for it didn't you? Or was that my other farm, Qwerty? Looking back you could've screwed me over haha.
    TealHyena said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

:smile: You helped clear dirt for it didn't you? Or was that my other farm, Qwerty? Looking back you could've screwed me over haha.
    I did clear earth with you. And no I would have "screwed you over". I don't messed with private worlds. Free open worlds, is free game...
    By the way, you would get a better chance of getting crowns when exploring new worlds than when blocking expiators, you would also lose much less reputation, then there will actually be people happy with you when you loot your first 75 crowns in a chest
    derpdee said:

Multarix said:

I don't think you seem to realise I don't play deepworld.

By the way, you would get a better chance of getting crowns when exploring new worlds than when blocking expiators, you would also lose much less reputation, then there will actually be people happy with you when you loot your first 75 crowns in a chest

This.
    Can probably raid half a dozen dungeons if not more on new worlds if you're THAT interested in loot.

As well, players should stop marking any purple dungeons they find in hell worlds, so derpee has to waste more time exploring the world in the first place to find the dungeons. It's not that hard to find solutions. Meanwhile everyone else can continue looting and exploring. If you need ghosts, there are several worlds where the expiator has been made available to all users.

Alternatively we can potentially have crowns removed as a drop from infernal protectors. That way anyone trying to take a hell world for themselves gets nothing out of it.
    Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

This.
    Can probably raid half a dozen dungeons if not more on new worlds if you're THAT interested in loot.

As well, players should stop marking any purple dungeons they find in hell worlds, so derpee has to waste more time exploring the world in the first place to find the dungeons. It's not that hard to find solutions. Meanwhile everyone else can continue looting and exploring. If you need ghosts, there are several worlds where the expiator has been made available to all users.

Alternatively we can potentially have crowns removed as a drop from infernal protectors. That way anyone trying to take a hell world for themselves gets nothing out of it.
    Remove a whole feature because of one player just because he is giving an excuse which may be just a false excuse to play his favourite sport? Bad idea
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 587
    Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

Then why do you make claims about game mechanics if you dont play the game and havent played it for a while?
    edited June 14
    Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

This.

Lol... Why post on the forums if you don't play...

Op, thanks for the non blocked expiator...

Not here for a good or bad rep... You have your right too your opinion...

Go YouTube Deepworld and watch the intro video... "Make friends or make enemies"... We have been given a choice... Thanks for letting me win...

Thanks again o.p. For a free use expiator...
    derpdee said:

Go YouTube Deepworld and watch the intro video... "Make friends or make enemies"... We have been given a choice... Thanks for letting me win...

I also said that you will get crowns faster, so you must be purposefully ignoring my point
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

Then why do you make claims about game mechanics if you dont play the game and havent played it for a while?
    He said "last I heard", so it's not really a claim
    derpdee said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

This.

Lots of people post on forums while they have already quit Deepworld.

derpdee said:

I also said that you will get crowns faster, so you must be purposefully ignoring my point
    Debator said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

This.

Feal a rager coming on from a manchild.lol

O.p. Thanks again for the free use expiator and letting me help...
    derpdee said:

derpdee said:

Debator said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

derpdee said:

Multarix said:

This.

Feal a rager coming on from a manchild.lol

O.p. Thanks again for the free use expiator and letting me help...
    I'm not raging, and I'm not a "man child", I'm just being serious and showing you what you have missed