New Mass World Machine

InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
edited June 15 in Feedback and Game Ideas
If you're like me you have a few big projects that, with even max perception, you can only see parts of it at a time. A new world machine could fix this.

THE BRASS/DIAMOND/ONYX MASS TOPOGRAPHY MAP!!!

Each version could offer different zooms that let you pan over large areas of your world. Each higher tier lets you choose any lower zoom as well. And the onyx machine can show the entire world at once!!!

The machine can only be placed in your world after it is 100% explored and being able to operate butler bots and navigate them with the map would improve building techniques a lot.

Comment all your yays and nays!!!

Comments

• Bastian7Bastian7 Between WorldsMember Posts: 258
    We need this soo bad...lol!
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    edited June 15
    Bastian7 said:

We need this soo bad...lol!

Just think if butler skill was boosted to being able to run 10 bots at once and setting what they do was tweaked to cover larger areas. This would make clearing a world a solo job even excavating one
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,310
    Well... I believe over 6 mass machines have been planned and will be added soon, the devs posted about them before, so maybe they'll have to finish those first before thinking about this one.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    i would buy this, only problem.... what if you are like me and play on iphone, i can hardly see anything clearly on my lvl 12 preception anyway, much less be able to pick out solo builds on the whole world? besides this, sounds like a great idea

i would buy this, only problem.... what if you are like me and play on iphone, i can hardly see anything clearly on my lvl 12 preception anyway, much less be able to pick out solo builds on the whole world? besides this, sounds like a great idea

Its more to get a bigger picture of what you're building. The ability to send it butler bots so you can zoom in and out and remote edit it could cut the time of building. I am at the point in the game where building is the only interesting part for me. This also gives more use to the butler bot's unused commands, gives us older players somthing to use, and would generate income for the devs. If it came with the function to operate butler bots I doubt too many people would spend their onyx to build bots. So now you have people buying the machine and butler bots from the store.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    yes but my problem still stands. try playing on a phone versus ipad/pc and you will know what im talking about.
    I've never played on anything but phone
  • racerdogracerdog Member Posts: 66
    I would pay real cash money for that.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 301
    I've got my money on this!
    I think it would be cool to be able to take a screenshot of the whole world and make a poster. Being able to see a whole world at once like DENTOPIA would be amazing. Hundreds of different builds and seeing how they all fit together
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 422
    Oh! Screen shot whole world and make a"paint" of it to hang in your place!
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 301
    Mofc1991 was here.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347
    Retta said:

Oh! Screen shot whole world and make a"paint" of it to hang in your place!

This. Is. Want.
    A doubt a picture of the whole world could fit in the 2x2 paints.... But the machine could be about 10 across and 5 high... That could display a rough outline maybe.... Just think of the most extreme situation it could be used in. Like an xl word. Now the dimentions are about (and I could be very wrong here) 4000 blocks across and 800 blocks high.... Imagine fitting all of that into a display the size of your screen (iPhone player here). It would be a very rough picture.

Don't get me wrong I love the screenshot idea but idk if it would be easy to create a way to display it ingame.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347
    Inception said:

A doubt a picture of the whole world could fit in the 2x2 paints.... But the machine could be about 10 across and 5 high... That could display a rough outline maybe.... Just think of the most extreme situation it could be used in. Like an xl word. Now the dimentions are about (and I could be very wrong here) 4000 blocks across and 800 blocks high.... Imagine fitting all of that into a display the size of your screen (iPhone player here). It would be a very rough picture.

Don't get me wrong I love the screenshot idea but idk if it would be easy to create a way to display it ingame.

Yeah. This is mostly just a hypothetical situation here. Daydreaming.
    I mostly liked this idea because most other people's ideas are so 1 sided. Helps the players but the devs get nothing, like people suggesting "up onyx spawning!!!" But this idea gives us players a lot of new things to work with and would bring in a lot of revenue for our devs.
    Aaaaand the thought of using the map to control a fleet of butler bots to quickly mold a world to your liking leaves me awestruck....
    Would also be useful for huge projects. A friend of mine that no longer plays made the Mona Lisa. It was off on a few parts though cause she couldn't see all of it at once. :(
    Exploders are electric and fire, how about an ice one? So it really mixes things up on a farm
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 439
    Retta said:

Exploders are electric and fire, how about an ice one? So it really mixes things up on a farm

I'm not sure how an ice exploder would work but interesting idea.
    Not sure if a topography map is the best choice. What other map would show our worlds more accurately?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,310
    Inception said:

Not sure if a topography map is the best choice. What other map would show our worlds more accurately?

A spinning globe?

Inception said:

A spinning globe?
    That would cover the whole world. I think it's in the lore that each "world" is just an unexplored section of earth
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 439
    Inception said:

Inception said:

A spinning globe?
    That would cover the whole world. I think it's in the lore that each "world" is just an unexplored section of earth
    I like to think worlds are fragments of a destroyed Earth.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,710
    What about the maps? When placed it can show the entire world and its terrain, highest elevation, lowest depression, vegetation and the vast amount of visitors that recently entered the world.

What about the maps? When placed it can show the entire world and its terrain, highest elevation, lowest depression, vegetation and the vast amount of visitors that recently entered the world.

Idk if it should be added to the ingame maps cause the devs need to add somthing that will benefit them. But you gave me the idea that the machine could record traffic in and out of the world for 3 days.
    edited July 1
    Inception said:

Idk if it should be added to the ingame maps cause the devs need to add somthing that will benefit them. But you gave me the idea that the machine could record traffic in and out of the world for 3 days.
    Imagine how helpful that would be in case somebody happens to grief your worlds. You could narrow it down so much that you wouldn't have to go on such a wild goose chase. I love the idea, and if it were added, all I have to say is this.
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :D
    That should be the battle cry for new great ideas!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 700
    Retta said:

Just a random quirky idea, but what if they put a self destruct option on the exploder that was equivalent to a giant bomb? But of course, it'd destroy the exploder when activated.
    Shadow711 said:

Retta said:

Just a random quirky idea, but what if they put a self destruct option on the exploder that was equivalent to a giant bomb? But of course, it'd destroy the exploder when activated.
    Would the resulting explosion destroy blocks like dirt?