Buying an onyx spade

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 700
So yeah.. I broke two fish fossils and two skeleton miner fossils today. Can I just buy an onyx spade from someone? I'll trade an onyx pickaxe or a pure onyx for it.

Comments

• MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    got none, my trusty lvl 2 agility and dia spade works well enough
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,310
    An onyx spade sells for 2 onyx though, however, I would like to say that this discussion belongs in commerce section
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 700

An onyx spade sells for 2 onyx though, however, I would like to say that this discussion belongs in commerce section

I knew I screwed something up. God dangit.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347
    Shadow711 said:

I knew I screwed something up. God dangit.
    Don't get bullied by nonarbiters. :smiley: you're fine, just try to get it in the appropriate section if you can.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,710

Ahem...I guess you voted no on my "Commerce as an announcement" thread.

This doesn't have anything to do with that, threads requesting or offering an object belong in Commerce section.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 554

This doesn't have anything to do with that, threads requesting or offering an object belong in Commerce section.
    Youre the person who would say "sir you forgot to give us the test" after your teacher forgets it
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,695

Nobody ever reads the commerce section.
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,013
    If an onyx spade sells for 2 onyx, then what's the point of buying one when you could just craft it...
    Onyx tools have almost always sold for one onyx less than what they craft for. Up until now, that is. People like to inflate the prices to their own made-up ones. So buying onyx tools is virtually impossible if you don't want to overpay.
    the reason it is 2 onyx is because other onyx items can be bought with crowns. spade cannot
    Debator said:

Youre the person who would say "sir you forgot to give us the test" after your teacher forgets it
    What's wrong with what I did? The developers did not yet do something to change the rules, and threads like those DO belong in Commerce.
    TealHyena said:

Onyx tools have almost always sold for one onyx less than what they craft for. Up until now, that is. People like to inflate the prices to their own made-up ones. So buying onyx tools is virtually impossible if you don't want to overpay.

Actually, onyx tools have always been bought with crafting price, with the exception of tools in the crowns store, or WERE in the crowns store in the past, which are almost always sold for 1 onyx, the rest however, like an onyx net or hatchet, sells for crafting price... some things have devalued a bit though, probably just the shovel which became one onyx below crafting value now.
    edited June 19

Debator said:

What's wrong with what I did? The developers did not yet do something to change the rules, and threads like those DO belong in Commerce.
    TealHyena said:

Actually, onyx tools have always been bought with crafting price, with the exception of tools in the crowns store, or WERE in the crowns store in the past, which are almost always sold for 1 onyx, the rest however, like an onyx net or hatchet, sells for crafting price... some things have devalued a bit though, probably just the shovel which became one onyx below crafting value now.
    Ive never bought an Onyx tool for what it crafts for, and frankly, if you do, you are quite foolish. Why not just craft the item? You would even gain exp from crafting a new item (Assuming you aren't mass producing these things).

Also: where have you been buying tools from? Because up until I last started playing again (maybe 1/2 year ago) I never saw anyone selling onyx tools for what they craft for. In fact, if someone was, they almost always got chastised for it.
    TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Ive never bought an Onyx tool for what it crafts for, and frankly, if you do, you are quite foolish. Why not just craft the item? You would even gain exp from crafting a new item (Assuming you aren't mass producing these things).

Also: where have you been buying tools from? Because up until I last started playing again (maybe 1/2 year ago) I never saw anyone selling onyx tools for what they craft for. In fact, if someone was, they almost always got chastised for it.
    I never said that all onyx tools were sold for crafting price, only those who are not a few years old and not in the crowns store are valued somewhere around crafting price, and up until half a year ago, an onyx shovel was worth 3 onyx (currently 2-3, though), maybe some devalued, but some are still worth their craft value (or perhaps it is due to the change of crafting value, since some stuff was changed to cost more onyx to craft around a year ago)
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 554

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

I never said that all onyx tools were sold for crafting price, only those who are not a few years old and not in the crowns store are valued somewhere around crafting price, and up until half a year ago, an onyx shovel was worth 3 onyx (currently 2-3, though), maybe some devalued, but some are still worth their craft value (or perhaps it is due to the change of crafting value, since some stuff was changed to cost more onyx to craft around a year ago)
    Shovel was never worth 3 onyx. An pickaxe has been around the one onyx so shovel is around that price
    edited June 19
    Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Shovel was never worth 3 onyx. An pickaxe has been around the one onyx so shovel is around that price
    Trust me, I've been in the market and the shovels were always sold for 3 onyx, up until a few monthes ago -- about half a year -- they began selling for 2.
    And logically, it is impossible to sell a shovel for an onyx, because they do not exist by any means except crafting, that means that if it would sell for one onyx, nobody would craft them and they wouldn't exist at all in the market... the pickaxes are worth an onyx because they are available through packs in the crowns store.
    @Brainstorm is correct, all the onyx tools that were in the shop, have sold for less. 1/2 a year ago i had to craft my once onyx shovel (sold it) because everyone was charging 3 onyx.
    edited June 19

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Trust me, I've been in the market and the shovels were always sold for 3 onyx, up until a few monthes ago -- about half a year -- they began selling for 2.
    And logically, it is impossible to sell a shovel for an onyx, because they do not exist by any means except crafting, that means that if it would sell for one onyx, nobody would craft them and they wouldn't exist at all in the market... the pickaxes are worth an onyx because they are available through packs in the crowns store.
    I don't believe it's ever been 3... I agree with @Debator

Although I was out of the market for a bit
    edited June 19
    You guys are useless. Always arguing over every damn thread that pops up. Forget it.
    (Close this please @Lisa :confused: )
    edited June 19
    TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

Debator said:

TealHyena said:

I don't believe it's ever been 3... I agree with @Debator

Although I was out of the market for a bit
    It has been three ever since it existed.

Sorry for derailing, I'm going now.
    Shadow711 said:

You guys are useless. Always arguing over every damn thread that pops up. Forget it.

We were just debating a price of the item that you, indeed, did ask about. No argument. No hard feelings. Just talking. Sorry if this was not your intention for the thread. I'll be off.
    TealHyena said:

Shadow711 said:

We were just debating a price of the item that you, indeed, did ask about. No argument. No hard feelings. Just talking. Sorry if this was not your intention for the thread. I'll be off.
    If "debating over an item's price" is arguing back and fourth at each other about which section this thread belongs to, I deeply apologize. Go ahead and rip each other's heads off.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    Shadow711 said:

TealHyena said:

Shadow711 said:

If "debating over an item's price" is arguing back and fourth at each other about which section this thread belongs to, I deeply apologize. Go ahead and rip each other's heads off.
    LOL
    edited June 20
    Shadow711 said:

TealHyena said:

Shadow711 said:

I don't believe I argued a about a section. In fact, I agreed with brainstorm on the section. We were discussing a price.

And if you think a civilized discussion is an argument or "ripping eachothers heads off" than you haven't seen the rest or our forums. There was no name-calling or insults wrapped into our opinions. All it is, is opinions.
This discussion has been closed.