My Android Is a Goady Expletive

SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,476
...who only goes totally AWOL on those mornings when I don't have the time to relog over and over.

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,476
    ...and who reappears the minute I post on the forum about what a goady expletive she is.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    edited June 19
    my butler disappears everytime i want to excavate. and farms have no mobs only when i need ectoplasm... :/
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    -shouts from a corner-
    ITS A CURSE! THE CURSE OF THE DEAD SOUL OF FRANK! BURN ALL THE DEAD BODIES!
    OMG Ethel was actually THERE this morning--first login! Woo-hoo! Festivities and happy dances!

-celebrates by smacking android-
    Aaaaaand, she's AWOL again. Why, android, whyyyyy??!!!

-smacks disconsolately at where android should be-
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 288
    Mine is MIA also...
    edited June 21
    What's really frustrating is that you know they're there, but you just can't smack them. Like, on the same world as my gift-smack android, I have another android powering a contraption via touchplates. And I can see the contraption working, which means the game is sensing that android as it strolls invisibly past.

Hm. I can "interact" with invisible mobs by bombing them. I wonder if bombing my invisible gift-smack android would help...

Edited to add:
    Well, bombing Ethel didn't help, except insofar as bombing anything is always fun.

-cries-
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 79
    What is AWOL?
    Jacky said:

What is AWOL?

I think something related to madness or confusion, or both
    Jacky said:

What is AWOL?

AWOL stands for Absent without leave and refers to military personel who would desert the army. leave is basically the permission to leave.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,033
    edited June 22

Jacky said:

What is AWOL?

AWOL stands for Absent without leave and refers to military personel who would desert the army. leave is basically the permission to leave.
    Thank you. I thought AWOL was an internationally recognized expression. I did not realize that so few people actually understood and that's a little frightening.
    p1nkbr0 said:

Jacky said:

What is AWOL?

Thank you. I thought AWOL was an internationally recognized expression. I did not realize that so few people actually understood and that's a little frightening.
    Eh, AWOL is not a term i usually hear so it is understandable.
    edited June 22
    My android never came back yesterday. Another 5-day stretch down the drain. And she's not there this morning either. Boo! Hiss!

Edited to add:
    And of course the moment I posted this and then logged back into the game, there she was. Have I mentioned that my android is a goady expletive?
    @Sirentist what do you normally get for 5 day streaks? I dont have the patience or i dont remember to click the android. Lol
    edited June 22

@Sirentist what do you normally get for 5 day streaks? I dont have the patience or i dont remember to click the android. Lol

I've never gotten a streak either
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,659
    I have. I only got stuff like stuffed android, figurines, and skeletons.

I have. I only got stuff like stuffed android, figurines, and skeletons.

so is it like a mech chest? or is it like daily? idk. those are better than ores or paper
    You get random mech chest loot for the fifth day

I recently got one of those adorable pathetic xmas trees that are in no way related to a well-known comic strip.

Normally, though, it's pretty unexciting. As Brainstorm says, the fifth-day android drop is basically the same as looting a mech chest.
    edited June 23
    Oh, need to check mine today.

Edit:
    Aaaaaand... my android has taken a vacation
    Sirentist said:

I recently got one of those adorable pathetic xmas trees that are in no way related to a well-known comic strip.

Normally, though, it's pretty unexciting. As Brainstorm says, the fifth-day android drop is basically the same as looting a mech chest.
    slightly festive is a good drop. i dont have much luck with mech chests anyway...
    Android gone again this morning, even after repeated relogs. C'mon, Deepworld. This is getting ridiculous.

-smacks unhappily at things in real life-
    I now know the feels, I need some statues crafted and dick isn't there for me.. I feel betrayed and lonely
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677

Jacky said:

What is AWOL?

I think something related to madness or confusion, or both
    @Sirentist is indeed both mad and confused. Androids can confirm. In reality, the android is there 100% of the time, however, the AWOL affecting Sirentist means that it cannot be seen.

*giggles*

@Sirentist I get this issue too. What are you playing on? Last I recall you're a PC player?
    Yes, playing on a desktop mac.

It's true. The android really is there 100% of the time. The little bastard.
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677
    Hmmm. I have my androids go missing on Windows normally so it seems to be happening across all platforms.
    Must be a serverside issue, meaning @mikelaurence or @jsonperl need to be chased down
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Blargleargorgugublugoop is a place in GlopistanasiaropelargblarghoopybadookyMember Posts: 350
    edited June 24
    I haven't seen my android in around a month, and I play on IOS :neutral:
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,659
    Everyones complaining about androids amd butlers, but I haven't seen mobs and turrets spawn in a while.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Blargleargorgugublugoop is a place in GlopistanasiaropelargblarghoopybadookyMember Posts: 350
    No one cares about the mobs

Everyones complaining about androids amd butlers, but I haven't seen mobs and turrets spawn in a while.

The reason everyone's complaining about androids is because this is the "My Android Is a Goady Expletive" thread. There are other, more general, threads that are about the invisible mobs/turrets bug, too, though! :) I think this is the most current one of those:
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/26542/bug-making-mobs-disappear

In any event, the new normal seems to be that the android is NEVER there the first time I log in. I have to repeatedly exit, quit the game, wait a while, restart, and relog, sometimes up to ten or fifteen times. I'm a devoted Deepworld fan, but even I have to admit that this is kind of taking the fun out of it.