A Code Word

Android2_0Android2_0 Member Posts: 214
I think we should have a code word to say in a discussion if we feel it is turning into an arguement or if you want people to get back on the main subject. It can be random, just something to remind people that threads are not the place to argue and throw insults at eachother. This may be a bad idea too, just throwing it out there. Im just tired of seeing random threads turning into books talking about why you are right and the other person is wrong. Anyways if you like this idea put a comment below and the one with the most likes will be the codeword.

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,310
    Why?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347

I think we should have a code word to say in a discussion if we feel it is turning into an arguement or if you want people to get back on the main subject. It can be random, just something to remind people that threads are not the place to argue and throw insults at eachother. This may be a bad idea too, just throwing it out there. Im just tired of seeing random threads turning into books talking about why you are right and the other person is wrong. Anyways if you like this idea put a comment below and the one with the most likes will be the codeword.

Why don't we just say "guys, this is off topic." Or "stop arguing"? Why do we need a code word for other words that can be said? Good intentions though. It's great that we have people working to combat our arguing issues.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    oh my gods, safewords!
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA

• DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 554
    Maybe we should stop complaining about an discussion happening in a discussion
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    PUMPKIN! KARATE! uhhh... ELEVATOR!! yes thats it... elevator
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    the word should be "Why"
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    The word should be "molehill", because some people always make a big deal out of silly things.

(That sounds like I'm throwing shade but I'm not :joy:)
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,104
    edited June 21
    Honestly we have reached a point where I am going to be closing a lot of threads and a lot of people are going to start finding themselves in jail. Enough is enough.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,357
    lisa said:

Honestly we have reached a point where I am going to be closing a lot of threads and a lot of people are going to start finding themselves in jail. Enough is enough.

Oh boy....do the jails have bed and breakfast?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,310
    tjergoz said:

lisa said:

Oh boy....do the jails have bed and breakfast?
    No, but there IS dead and dread fast.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 347
    Why is this thread still a thing lol
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    TealHyena said:

Why is this thread still a thing lol

because people like me make absurd comments to bump the thread.
    Jeff
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,710
    Code word:
    Pro- ???
    Con- Long, absurd.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Perhaps HTML or BASH could work. . . We're talking about coding right?

why not php
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
    how about "fatty"
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 OblivionMember Posts: 2,215
    Debator said:

why not php
    We should do Python