I got hacked, what to do.

DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 18
Hello,

Yesterday I logged in and found myself in another world with my diamonds missing and most of my valuable items in the toolbar.
I realized I got hacked, re-logged, changed password and linked to facebook.

I thought it was all passed, but today I logged in and found that someone changed parts of my world. It was totally pointless... someone placed another entrance to my world so they could replace the original and change the background.

It is as if someone was playing with me.

How is it accounts are so unprotected?
What should I do?

Comments

• Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,543
    @lisa might be able to help
  • TishkuTishku Hii, I want to dieeMember Posts: 12
    I miiiight be having that issue, except my password was changed after the glitch server incident in deepworld
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox being good boyMember Posts: 658
    kick your brother off the ipad cuz its most likely his fault ;)
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149

kick your brother off the ipad cuz its most likely his fault ;)

Took the words off of my mouth...
    Since it's not a password problem, then it's someone in the house. you need to know exactly who you work with, you may be having spies at your home

Oh, and, maybe you shouldn't call out Deepworld's security system just like that
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,184
    Have you checked your world members using the /winfo command? Someone may have added _self if _ had access to your account. Although they shouldn't be able to move world portals.... still wouldn't hurt to check.
    Hope you get it all sorted!
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,082
    Yeah, this doesn't sound like an issue here. It sounds like an issue with your personal device security. Always make sure to log out if you have siblings or cousins or anyone who has access. If you have a secure pw and log out you should be just fine.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 18
    Hello everyone! Thanks for your advice!

I logged in with my Facebook account and haven't had this problem since.

overall I lost 18 diamonds and 2 onyx. I am not very rich, so not much damage has been done.
  • DetechDetech Toronto, CanadaMember Posts: 18
    I have no siblings, or anyone else I know who playes games in my house, so it had to be a hacking job...
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 529
    Nice, dude. Just encase though, you should change your password to something less guess-able.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359
    If it was hacked couldn't the admins check if your account logged in from another IP then see if it matches another players?
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 529
    Inception said:

If it was hacked couldn't the admins check if your account logged in from another IP then see if it matches another players?

That's a brilliant idea, but maybe the hacker was using a VPN. Now they have the ability to frame another player for their act.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359
    Shadow711 said:

Inception said:

That's a brilliant idea, but maybe the hacker was using a VPN. Now they have the ability to frame another player for their act.
    Not saying to catch the hacker. It's to figure out if it is a hacker or if it's on his end
  • Me_Crown_KingMe_Crown_King ՀայաստանMember Posts: 840
    Inception said:

Shadow711 said:

Inception said:

Not saying to catch the hacker. It's to figure out if it is a hacker or if it's on his end
    Lisa probably already did that judging by the way she commented here