Set Daily Loot

TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 288
So it's no big secret that lots of people have left deepworld. When I first started playing again I noticed the community was diminishing. Nowdays, more players are cropping up. This is either due to updates, summer break, or both!

This is great and all, but something else not so good has been happening.

The daily loot hasn't been a set "reward" for a long time. I really liked seeing what I would get before spending time earning exp for it. Now I usually don't even try to get the daily loot, because it's always useless. If daily loot was a set reward again, I believe it would have many beneficial outcomes. More players would get on to see what the daily loot was (instead of assuming it is random useless garbage). This would increase player interaction overall. I almost always earned the necessary exp required for the daily loot when it was set. It was a part of my daily deepworld routine and I believe it was for others also. The set daily reward was almost always better than the stuff I've been getting lately. Recent examples of loot are jerky, spikes, and Terrapus eggs. The daily loot when set was always better, to ensure people would actually earn the exp required (more player engagement). I really would like to see more people playing deepworld daily. It's been my favorite game for a few years, and I check up almost everyday. More players would mean new expirences for a game I have nearly mastered.

I understand the developers are working on upcoming summer updates and, of course, the anticipated android release. These are very important, don't get me wrong. But, I think this set loot could be a great way to increase players and it shouldn't be too hard to re-implement. I have no idea why this was taken away in the first place. I may not be seeing a roadblock that is preventing this from happening again, but I just thought I'd put it in mind.

(I realize there are probably existing threads about this somewhere else, haven't seen any lately)

So, why not give me your opinion in the matter?

Comments

• Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 534
    Yes, Yes, YES! I would love if the daily loot system was the way it used to be. Maybe the devs can make a daily poll for the public to choose-- but only with five randomized items.. so the public doesn't choose onyx every day lol.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 376
    edited June 26
    @lisa @mikelaurence
    It helps if you tag the devs :smiley:
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,904
    Retta said:

@lisa @mikelaurence
    It helps if you tag the devs :smiley:

Lisa is just an administrator, she's not a developer
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 376
    @ipads ik but she can mention it to the guys, possibly sooner then they might see as she's always checking forum
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    @TealHyena i would love to see this happen, the only drawback, if people find out the loot is trash, they wont take the time to play. I always get it everyday. Most recently i have found some nice stuffies, some nice jerky and some nice spikes.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 288

@TealHyena i would love to see this happen, the only drawback, if people find out the loot is trash, they wont take the time to play. I always get it everyday. Most recently i have found some nice stuffies, some nice jerky and some nice spikes.

The thing is, they won't program bad loot as much, now that we know what we are actually getting.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,904
    I never actually commented on the actual discussion, but I agree. I thought Mike was going to do this a long time ago, I think he only actually did it for a week or two. If they did this, it would give me more motivation to log on and play the game more often
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,278
    I once had 7 batteries from the daily loot.

@mikelaurence

I once had 7 batteries from the daily loot.

@mikelaurence

now u need a butler : p
    edited June 27
    Yeah, we need this for motivation. When there was set daily loot for those TWO WEEKS, I managed to get a red and blue fancy lamp, 5 steam jets (but I lost four to the rollback with water bombs) and even blackrock! We didn't get crap then.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is maybe the devs can make two or three random days of the week set daily loot. That way, we won't get people playing just for the loot.

Edit: I have an even better idea! Maybe on the Fourth of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc. there will be set loot corresponding to the event. For example: On the Fourth of July, you can get a giga protector if you manage to score 200,000 Exp! Maybe instead of 200,000 exp, we do 500,000! Something like that!
    Shadow711 said:

Yeah, we need this for motivation. When there was set daily loot for those TWO WEEKS, I managed to get a red and blue fancy lamp, 5 steam jets (but I lost four to the rollback with water bombs) and even blackrock! We didn't get crap then.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is maybe the devs can make two or three random days of the week set daily loot. That way, we won't get people playing just for the loot.

Edit: I have an even better idea! Maybe on the Fourth of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc. there will be set loot corresponding to the event. For example: On the Fourth of July, you can get a giga protector if you manage to score 200,000 Exp! Maybe instead of 200,000 exp, we do 500,000! Something like that!

They usually do loot on Christmas, or they did last Christmas. I like the random days of the week Idea.
    TealHyena said:

Shadow711 said:

They usually do loot on Christmas, or they did last Christmas. I like the random days of the week Idea.
    I'm just hoping I can assure that it'll happen again.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359
    The problem is that if everyone got a rare loot from it every day then item values will fluctuate a lot destroying our already rickety economy. Where there is loot it has to be bad sometimes so that the good loot is still considered good. Like typewriters and unes have no value due to saturation.
    Yes it's annoying to get bad loot all the time but it makes the good loot even sweeter.

Spend a week in complete silence to better enjoy even the softest whisper.... And other phrases of the sort
    Inception said:

The problem is that if everyone got a rare loot from it every day then item values will fluctuate a lot destroying our already rickety economy. Where there is loot it has to be bad sometimes so that the good loot is still considered good. Like typewriters and unes have no value due to saturation.
    Yes it's annoying to get bad loot all the time but it makes the good loot even sweeter.

Spend a week in complete silence to better enjoy even the softest whisper.... And other phrases of the sort

I totally agree. I'm not saying that we should get Great stuff all the time, just not spikes. Maybe the loot would be 20 power jerky.
    TealHyena said:

Inception said:

I totally agree. I'm not saying that we should get Great stuff all the time, just not spikes. Maybe the loot would be 20 power jerky.
    i wouldnt mind some quartz or marble here and there
    I like the idea of getting a chunk of resources. I hardly explore anymore cause I'm building all the time. I tend to run out of the less common resources
    Inception said:

I like the idea of getting a chunk of resources. I hardly explore anymore cause I'm building all the time. I tend to run out of the less common resources

i explore 2-3 worlds a day. im good on most ores except marble, guanno and quartz.
  • CrazyQCrazyQ She got legs and she knows how to use them ;)Member Posts: 37
    Tag who ? They don't care this is why the game is dead and if it's not dead let's get some stats on users from before to now.....
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 310
    It's summer break. That's why people are coming back. Pretty sure most people are losing faith in the "update coming soon" at this stage...

Soon usually means forever, @TealHyena -sigh- Soon usually means forever...
    As the great fallout 4 almost said. Deepworld, deepworld never changes...
  • AthenaAthena Somewhere over the rainbow.Member Posts: 761
    Maybe they could reuse the items that were already loot, like turtle shells and wax.
    Athena said:

Maybe they could reuse the items that were already loot, like turtle shells and wax.

ive been wanting those items for a while now, but it seems they are so rare, no active players have right now :/
    I happen to have a lot of unobtainables. Mostly steam jets cause I collect them
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 310
    Inception said:

I happen to have a lot of unobtainables. Mostly steam jets cause I collect them

I like steam jets as much as the next guy but I'm in the mood for chromatic blocks. Although that is tempting....
    edited June 30
    Hopefully we can get some set loot on certain days
    TealHyena said:

Hopefully we can get some set loot on certain days

most days*