New Content Suggestions

AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 465
edited July 14 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Frankly, this game's getting a little stale once you've seen it all and done that. Here's yet another place we can spout ideas for stuff like this.

My personal favorite is the Space Biome. Basically it'd either be set inbetween a series of "asteroids" (basically sections of land, these vary in composition, say one is limestone and another just plain stone.) or larger bodies, say moons. Pick your poison. But beware. You'll see quite a few more brains than you're used to (sorry, no evokers!) and you'll have to worry more about your oxygen running low. However a rebreather would serve to mitigate this risk. Otherwise another consumable (oxygen tanks) could be used. Neglect to do both and you'll slowly asphyxiate. Dungeons would also be somewhat more prevalent in these biomes, and somewhat less dilapidated.

Best of all? It means I don't have to wallpaper my worlds in space backdrop anymore whenever I want a space themed world!

Anyways, discuss whatever ideas you have. Go crazy. (Totally not redundant)
Post edited by Alphastorm on

Comments

• AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 465
    I'd also say Ocean Biomes, since we have worlds that are basically ocean biomes for all the water they have (looking at you, "Water World" and "Rock Candy") but I'm sure you're drowning in the number of times you've heard that one put out.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 433
    That space idea is actually really cool. I'd love to see that in deepworld. But, beware, if the devs say they will add it soon, you've just been put on an eternal waitlist.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 465
    TealHyena said:

That space idea is actually really cool. I'd love to see that in deepworld. But, beware, if the devs say they will add it soon, you've just been put on an eternal waitlist.

Yeah and knowing my luck I'm going to be on an eternal wait list. Oh well. Eternity might not be TOO bad.
    Also yeah, I'v seen the waitlist thing happen to people before. Poor people. (not)
  • CrazyQCrazyQ She got legs and she knows how to use them ;)Member Posts: 39
    edited June 29
    Never gonna happen.... go back through the forums and you will see lots of false promises from the creator.... and this goes back over 5+ years.....just sayin.... just look at the android getting this game bahaha
    CrazyQ said:

Never gonna happen.... go back through the forums and you will see lots of false promises from the creator.... and this goes back over 5+ years.....just sayin.... just look at the android getting this game bahaha

Yeah it's probably not happening but hey. Still worth putting it out there. I've aeen this forum over the 5 years so nothing new to me.
    Feel like it's only me here with an idea. Cmon other people, this is an open topic. Discuss all your ideas. I'm just throwing mine out while we're at it.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 586
    Prairie World:

a settled stretch of land with small huts and new mobs that look like people/android people.

features: tons of grass/flax
    Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter
    Two paint bunks? maybe not

Also a semi flat surface

Prairie World:

a settled stretch of land with small huts and new mobs that look like people/android people.

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

Two paint bunks...yeah probably not. Although another world type, perhaps "Safe" for if a world will have less dungeons, but less mobs and it rains acid less (of course, if the world is purified it's still raining less!) and "Dangerous/Risky" in which case there are more dungeons and it rains more. More mobs as well. Dangerous could be expected to have more paint bunks and head bunks, but don't go around a safe world looking for them...

As for the prairie idea itself (since I went a little off topic), not bad. I'd like to see new human/android mobs. Perhaps they could be more or less interactive? And the villages idea. It'd be pretty cool to encounter them while wandering aimlessly. Although if you're feeling sinister it would also be fun to "set them up the bomb" per se and leave a mega bomb at their doorsteps :naughty:

-You know who this is already, @MiesnerMan86 Just saying...

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

Two paint bunks...yeah probably not. Although another world type, perhaps "Safe" for if a world will have less dungeons, but less mobs and it rains acid less (of course, if the world is purified it's still raining less!) and "Dangerous/Risky" in which case there are more dungeons and it rains more. More mobs as well. Dangerous could be expected to have more paint bunks and head bunks, but don't go around a safe world looking for them...

As for the prairie idea itself (since I went a little off topic), not bad. I'd like to see new human/android mobs. Perhaps they could be more or less interactive? And the villages idea. It'd be pretty cool to encounter them while wandering aimlessly. Although if you're feeling sinister it would also be fun to "set them up the bomb" per se and leave a mega bomb at their doorsteps :naughty:

lol, i would love to leave a nice hearty welcome at their front step. i agree with no double bunk as well, just seeing ideas.

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

lol, i would love to leave a nice hearty welcome at their front step. i agree with no double bunk as well, just seeing ideas.
    Well I gave a circumstance for double bunk. If I were you and we had double bunks I'd be lining up to buy Dangerous Hell or Dangerous Brain. And what would the horror that is a Dangerous Deep/Hell/Brain Mob Farm be like?

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

Well I gave a circumstance for double bunk. If I were you and we had double bunks I'd be lining up to buy Dangerous Hell or Dangerous Brain. And what would the horror that is a Dangerous Deep/Hell/Brain Mob Farm be like?
    it depends on how dangerous "dangerous" is. i have a hard enough time with regular brain worlds... pffff

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

it depends on how dangerous "dangerous" is. i have a hard enough time with regular brain worlds... pffff
    1.5x spawning perhaps? Double is just overkill. Then again, if you would look at the exhibit called "TvTropes", they'll tell you "There is no Kill Like Overkill."

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

1.5x spawning perhaps? Double is just overkill. Then again, if you would look at the exhibit called "TvTropes", they'll tell you "There is no Kill Like Overkill."
    1.5x spawning would really be a buff towards afk brain wine farms ive been hearing a lot about lately. imagine the profits...

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

1.5x spawning would really be a buff towards afk brain wine farms ive been hearing a lot about lately. imagine the profits...
    I'd make the most efficient farm.

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

And then SPAM USE it. Use it on alts, mains, then sell the loot to the highest bidder!

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

And then SPAM USE it. Use it on alts, mains, then sell the loot to the highest bidder!
    -allows access for me because i came up with the idea-

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

Maybe.... :naughty:

-ahem- Furthering the idea, perhaps there could be 5 types of worlds...
    Secure - Minimal mobs, rain is rare, dungeons minimal, WILL NOT have a paint bunker. (0.25x)
    Safe - Low mobs, rain is somewhat rare, dungeons low, Might not have a paint bunker. 0.5x)
    Average - Your typical world. (1x)
    Risky - High mobs, rain is frequent, dungeons high, might have 2 paint bunkers. (1.5x)
    Dangerous - Very high mobs, rain very frequent, dungeons very high, WILL have 2 paint bunkers. (2x)
    edited June 29

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

Secure - Minimal mobs, rain is rare, dungeons minimal, WILL NOT have a paint bunker. (0.25x)
    Safe - Low mobs, rain is somewhat rare, dungeons low, Might not have a paint bunker. 0.5x)
    Risky - High mobs, rain is frequent, dungeons high, might have 2 paint bunkers. (1.5x)
    Dangerous - Very high mobs, rain very frequent, dungeons very high, WILL have 2 paint bunkers. (2x)
    I recommend Dangerous worlds with maxed mass spawner spawn rates to the very brave, very stupid, or plain masochistic.

I'd be first in line to do it, make it a farm and abuse it til the world breaks!
    Which it almost certainly will...

(Shakes fist at world glitch)

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

I recommend Dangerous worlds with maxed mass spawner spawn rates to the very brave, very stupid, or plain masochistic.

I'd be first in line to do it, make it a farm and abuse it til the world breaks!

this would be a good addition, what about public spawned worlds? will they always be set to average difficulty?

p.s. how long will this string of quotes go?

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

this would be a good addition, what about public spawned worlds? will they always be set to average difficulty?

As long as it takes for us to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

The world may never know...

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

As long as it takes for us to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

As for public worlds, they can be any of the 5 difficulties, but you'll be seeing Average Worlds a LOT more than any of the other 4. You'll also be liklier to see a Risky or Safe world than a Secure or Dangerous world. A bell curve with extreme bias towards Average. There's also a slightly higher weight on Risky and Dangerous than there is towards Safe and Secure. They also have a far high likelihood of being premium than other worlds, so in the end not too much of a change will be noted except from time to time. There's a symbol next to each world designating the difficulty.

Dark Green: Secure
    Chartreuse: Safe
    Yellow: Average
    Orange: Risky
    Dark Red: Dangerous

Prairie World:

Increased ores
    Decreased dungeons
    already purified
    Composter

Also a semi flat surface

As for public worlds, they can be any of the 5 difficulties, but you'll be seeing Average Worlds a LOT more than any of the other 4. You'll also be liklier to see a Risky or Safe world than a Secure or Dangerous world. A bell curve with extreme bias towards Average. There's also a slightly higher weight on Risky and Dangerous than there is towards Safe and Secure. They also have a far high likelihood of being premium than other worlds, so in the end not too much of a change will be noted except from time to time. There's a symbol next to each world designating the difficulty.

Dark Green: Secure
    Chartreuse: Safe
    Yellow: Average
    Orange: Risky
    Dark Red: Dangerous
    By the way, Chartreuse is a Yellow-Green colour.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 590
    http://www.deepworldgame.com/ideas/5277cf0609774f6379000010
    Littiarly 4 years ago I submitted this idea to the "ideas" tab (which the devs did nothing with)

I have lost faith
    Debator said:

http://www.deepworldgame.com/ideas/5277cf0609774f6379000010
    Littiarly 4 years ago I submitted this idea to the "ideas" tab (which the devs did nothing with)

I have lost faith

And thus, I decided to take the idea that you had and revive it. Wouldn't be the first time I did so. Anyways this thread's also to discuss other people's ideas. Mine was just an example (sort of?)
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 400
    Personally I'd like to see an urban biome. All the worlds that spawn look like rural areas
    Plus, @Debator it's on forums and this topic's kinda heating up fast. So you have another shot. But knowing this game that shot's gonna miss by so many miles you'd question if the shooter even had eyes.

Because, DeepWorld.
    Inception said:

Personally I'd like to see an urban biome. All the worlds that spawn look like rural areas

Oh how'd you know? I was thinking something similar with an urban biome. Probably a ruined city. Give it brainlords and Queen terrapi running rampant and you've got hell. No, not Hell. Not the biome hell. The turn of phrase hell.
    edited June 29
    You'd think someone would mention items. I'd suggest a Giga Bomb (Because there is no kill like overkill) and I'd suggest a Micro Bomb (For precision kills and when you need to destroy only a few blocks) but we've got a lot of bombs as it stands. Also why don't bombs cause nearby gunpowder to explode and destroy blocks anymore. And why kill off Tree Root blocks?!

-Runs in circles-
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 400

You'd think someone would mention items. I'd suggest a Giga Bomb (Because there is no kill like overkill) and I'd suggest a Micro Bomb (For precision kills and when you need to destroy only a few blocks) but we've got a lot of bombs as it stands. Also why don't bombs cause nearby gunpowder to explode and destroy blocks anymore. And why kill off Tree Root blocks?!

-Runs in circles-

I have a world that still has tree roots