Raided loot assist idea

Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Member Posts: 30
I see people helping others all the time with Dungeons and other times tricking them to get it themselves. It seems like a 50/50% risk. Well how about a solution? If any player is in the dungeon and assists destroying protectors, then the chest is available for those who helped. So say 2 players raided. Then on one screen the player loots the chest and on the other, the animation of bubbles (I think) is still there for the other to get ready to loot. What do you guys think of this Idea? Is it good? Bad? Let me know, I appreciate feedback on my ideas.

Comments

• mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 226
    If this happens I will not be able to dungeon steal >:(
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 773
    The main issue is that a player could have alternate accounts playing and get nth times the loot as everyone else.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    Dr_Derp said:

The main issue is that a player could have alternate accounts playing and get nth times the loot as everyone else.

that basically ends it there lol
  • Burr1toPL4YBurr1toPL4Y Member Posts: 30

Dr_Derp said:

Well, look at this as a problem as it is right now. Some people could add on to the idea and go around the problem, but instead stop at the problem. I guess what I'm trying to say is, my other discussions others have build up to the idea or have came up with alternatives to go around it. Negative critism with advice are the best, because your being honest and at the the same time helping with the idea. Make sense?

Dr_Derp said:

Well, look at this as a problem as it is right now. Some people could add on to the idea and go around the problem, but instead stop at the problem. I guess what I'm trying to say is, my other discussions others have build up to the idea or have came up with alternatives to go around it. Negative critism with advice are the best, because your being honest and at the the same time helping with the idea. Make sense?
    not to be rude, but ive not really heard of anyone complain about this really except for you. its not a problem, you are just wanting to expand on the features. but i have a question, why fix something that isnt broke?

Dr_Derp said:

not to be rude, but ive not really heard of anyone complain about this really except for you. its not a problem, you are just wanting to expand on the features. but i have a question, why fix something that isnt broke?
    So I'm assuming that your assuming that I'm complaing? I guess you could see it that way since I was trying to give an example. XD these are just ideas I have. Don't get me wrong I see what your saying. I just like to start discussions and I'm not fixing nor saying it's broke, just an idea that I thought could be helpful. Get what I'm saying? @MiesnerMan86

Dr_Derp said:

So I'm assuming that your assuming that I'm complaing? I guess you could see it that way since I was trying to give an example. XD these are just ideas I have. Don't get me wrong I see what your saying. I just like to start discussions and I'm not fixing nor saying it's broke, just an idea that I thought could be helpful. Get what I'm saying? @MiesnerMan86
    i see, thats why when @Dr_Derp said it wouldnt be helpful, i said thats it : p
    edited July 4

Dr_Derp said:

i see, thats why when @Dr_Derp said it wouldnt be helpful, i said thats it : p
    I didn't say it wouldn't be helpful, actually I bet something like this could make people play more often, as there is basically no risk when you find a dungeon. What I said is that something like this has a lot of potential to be exploited.

Only reason I havent responded about the "Negative criticism with advice" bit is because I can't really think of said advice to give. There is not really a good way to implement this to be honest, at least not in a game like deepworld. And also, I find sometimes all you need to get a person thinking is to give them something to prove wrong. And in a way I was kinda sorta doing that. kinda
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,543
    It could be a way where the loot corresponds to the average luck of the looters divided by the number of looters. So if there were 2 looters with level 10 and level 6 luck, they would get luck level 4 loots. ((6+10)/2)/2
    PIPTR0 said:

It could be a way where the loot corresponds to the average luck of the looters divided by the number of looters. So if there were 2 looters with level 10 and level 6 luck, they would get luck level 4 loots. ((6+10)/2)/2

@PIPTR0 sounds like that could have potential.

PIPTR0 said:

@PIPTR0 sounds like that could have potential.
    It would also drive people to not team because it is worse for themselves.

I'm sure there would be some who help out others, but if they are willing to do that, then they are probably also willing to just give the chests to the person they help, which is currently what is possible, giving the chest by letting them break a protector, or alternating chests as you find them.

Talking about helping others. I don't see how its beneficial, aside from gaining exp, to let the other, possibly lower level, player loot the chest. If you have luck 10 - 13, and the person you are helping has say luck 4, you can help them out a lot more by getting them items that they need to get stronger by simply looting the chests yourself.

On a different note, I think a 2 player team system would be possible, like having two different chests in the dungeon. You can loot one chest and that makes the other chest locked to you, and only the person you team with can loot it.
    This would require an official "team" system so random people can't take your teammate's chest because they were a bit slow getting to it.
    what if i dont want to team, yet someone comes and raids a protector anyway? what would happen if i protected a chest before my teammate raided it?

a much easier way to team is just for 1 person to get the red chest and one person get the mech/eco chest

what if i dont want to team, yet someone comes and raids a protector anyway? what would happen if i protected a chest before my teammate raided it?

a much easier way to team is just for 1 person to get the red chest and one person get the mech/eco chest

The first issue you stated is already happening, but I find most people respect when another player is in a dungeon, and know to let them have it, the second issue you stated with protecting chests has already been fixed, it is not possible to place protectors over unlooted crates/chests.

And also, my two team system I posted about just above is exactly what you describe in the last part of your post. I have teeny feeling you didn't read my post or didn't understand it. Please tell which so I can make it clearer if needed.

How about this @MiesnerMan86 and @Dr_Derp if you make it to the dungeon and then raid all of it. It's yours, but you have the option to allow another person to also get a chest, just like the option to see who can build and who can't in your house due to protection of pro. Both of you guys raid then, you'll get equally distributed chests. So the dungeons will be filled with even amount of chests. What do you guys think? Have anything better?
    Dr_Derp said:

The first issue you stated is already happening, but I find most people respect when another player is in a dungeon, and know to let them have it, the second issue you stated with protecting chests has already been fixed, it is not possible to place protectors over unlooted crates/chests.

And also, my two team system I posted about just above is exactly what you describe in the last part of your post. I have teeny feeling you didn't read my post or didn't understand it. Please tell which so I can make it clearer if needed.
    i read all posts lol. i thought you were still making ideas so, no i didnt understand, but i do now. forgive me for my second idea, im not real good with game mechanic. also i am just worried someone can destroy one protector then run off and make my loot bad due to the team system.

How about this @MiesnerMan86 and @Dr_Derp if you make it to the dungeon and then raid all of it. It's yours, but you have the option to allow another person to also get a chest, just like the option to see who can build and who can't in your house due to protection of pro. Both of you guys raid then, you'll get equally distributed chests. So the dungeons will be filled with even amount of chests. What do you guys think? Have anything better?
    equally distributed chests make me feel a little better about this idea, but it still is a heck of a lot of trouble for something that is doing fine in the game right now
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359

Dr_Derp said:

i read all posts lol. i thought you were still making ideas so, no i didnt understand, but i do now. forgive me for my second idea, im not real good with game mechanic. also i am just worried someone can destroy one protector then run off and make my loot bad due to the team system.

equally distributed chests make me feel a little better about this idea, but it still is a heck of a lot of trouble for something that is doing fine in the game right now
    What if we get rid of loot?
    Inception said:

Dr_Derp said:

What if we get rid of loot?
    but but but... think of the children! dont do this to the children... anything but this!

I noticed a bit of a flaw in my plan because of your post. If the dungeons have 2 chests for team purposes, it would still be advantageous to raid dungeons alone because you have double the chests. With this in mind, maybe your idea of having the chests be looted multiple times could work if teams are limited to two.
    Yeah, so the bubbles above the chest could have one person looting and on the other screen the bubbles are still floating for the other player. @Dr_Derp
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 226
    I only raid dungeons alone #Loner
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359
    I don't raid dungeons anymore. Chests don't drop much good loot. Paint bunk lux bunk onyx Dias crystals are the only things I look for