This games pretty god damn dead yeah?

jugglejuggle Member Posts: 6
Been playing since 2012, was god damn fun when you played with friends but now the games slowly going away anyone agree?

Comments

• RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    @juggle and please watch you language
  • jugglejuggle Member Posts: 6
    Retta said:

@juggle and please watch you language

What? There isn't any swear words.
    Sirentist said:

There are a handful of people who believe this, or who want others to believe this. They tend to make lots of game and forum alts to spread this message. You can often tell an alt because it will suddenly appear on the forum and the very first thing it does is start posting wall comments and threads claiming they've been playing for years and now they just had to suddenly talk about how the game is dying or how the old graphics are better or whatever. Some of these folks will create dozens of alts at a time, in order to save some up to trot out later. They may have hundreds of alts, going back years.

(The truth is that the oldest players actually tend to be the most loyal and supportive, or at least more level-headed about things.)

From what I can tell, the original person just gets bored and wants to post something mildly inflammatory in order to drum up some debate or controversy. The original person will often go to great lengths to make the alt sound different -- heavy accents of one sort or another, Special Ways Of Spelling Or Capitalizing, using distinct slang terms, using strange grammar, etc. Very often, the person will come back to the same thread using still other alts, in order to agree or fan the flames or, sometimes, to totally disagree, in order to get the debate going.

In any case, it's a common sort of light trolling on forums in general, and I'd advise you to not pay much attention to it.

http://www.deepworldgame.com/players/juggle

No, I'm not a troll. Join the forums last year. Come on you don't need to heat things up so quickly do you?
    Joined.*
    And hey, I never said the game was horrible or anything like that have I?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 431
    Sirentist said:

There are a handful of people who believe this, or who want others to believe this. They tend to make lots of game and forum alts to spread this message. You can often tell an alt because it will suddenly appear on the forum and the very first thing it does is start posting wall comments and threads claiming they've been playing for years and now they just had to suddenly talk about how the game is dying or how the old graphics are better or whatever. Some of these folks will create dozens of alts at a time, in order to save some up to trot out later. They may have hundreds of alts, going back years.

(The truth is that the oldest players actually tend to be the most loyal and supportive, or at least more level-headed about things.)

From what I can tell, the original person just gets bored and wants to post something mildly inflammatory in order to drum up some debate or controversy. The original person will often go to great lengths to make the alt sound different -- heavy accents of one sort or another, Special Ways Of Spelling Or Capitalizing, using distinct slang terms, using strange grammar, etc. Very often, the person will come back to the same thread using still other alts, in order to agree or fan the flames or, sometimes, to totally disagree, in order to get the debate going.

In any case, it's a common sort of light trolling on forums in general, and I'd advise you to not pay much attention to it.

He is entitled to his opinion as much as you are. This is not saying I agree with him, I actually believe deepworld is getting a second wind of sorts.
    Just because he is proclaiming his opinion and asking others if they have the same, dosent mean he's a troll.

Voltaire: I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,431
    I agree that it isn't popular compared to three to four years ago, but cmon, it isn't dead.. yet.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776

I agree that it isn't popular compared to three to four years ago, but cmon, it isn't dead.. yet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

I'll let myself out of this thread now. Sorry.
  • Dr_DerpDr_Derp tejasMember Posts: 775
    edited July 4
    It is quite annoying how we will state that the game is dying, or that it used to be way better so so years ago. But not give ideas on how to bring players back, or get new players.. playing.

To be honest the science of deepworld sociology is kind of unique when compared to other mmos. The heart of a sandbox mmo, in my opinion, is to have players interacting with each other as much as possible. And its hard to get people together, especially when most of the players don't have forum accounts.

The numerous worlds you can go to might actually be somewhat of a negative in keeping a healthy player base. Possibly not in numbers, but in giving initiative to make them keep playing.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if deepworld had say a few very very large building worlds, I am talking millions of blocks across here, and smaller worlds for mining that regenerated when mostly explored.
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,327
    juggle said:

Sirentist said:

No, I'm not a troll. Join the forums last year. Come on you don't need to heat things up so quickly do you?
    she isnt heating things up. you just stated your opinions, and she also stated her opinions.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 400

juggle said:

Sirentist said:

she isnt heating things up. you just stated your opinions, and she also stated her opinions.
    Opinions are like onions that's my opinion-onion thing. Stay outta mah swamp
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 586
    edited July 5

juggle said:

Sirentist said:

She is devalueing the opinion of OP, by claiming "he/she is just and alt or a troll, so we shouldnt listen"
    Post edited by Debator on
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,729
    Debator said:

juggle said:

Sirentist said:

She is devalueing the opinion of OP, by claiming he/she is just and alt or a troll, so we shouldnt listen
    Aha so that's the type of community we're in, huh.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,835
    I jumped in deepworld on an alt awhile back. From what I could tell there seemed to be about 40 people online give or take a few, spread across a few worlds. I went to an old world I was fond of, the account I was on had no followers and no people I followed, and people started joining because with 1 person in a world it was on the "popular" screen.

The first person that joined asked if I was male or female, asked where in the world i was, and then when i refused to tell them, called me gay and retarded before leaving the world.

With toxicity like that is it really a suprise people stopped playing?
    Multarix said:

I jumped in deepworld on an alt awhile back. From what I could tell there seemed to be about 40 people online give or take a few, spread across a few worlds. I went to an old world I was fond of, the account I was on had no followers and no people I followed, and people started joining because with 1 person in a world it was on the "popular" screen.

The first person that joined asked if I was male or female, asked where in the world i was, and then when i refused to tell them, called me gay and retarded before leaving the world.

With toxicity like that is it really a suprise people stopped playing?

I've personally never encountered a person like that, and it may not just be a coincidence that all I encounter are nice, even on alts
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    I like Deepworld.
    I will continue to play Deepworld.
    I will do what I can to help Deepworld to grow.

This stands irrelevant to the opinion of others on the state of the game.
    It would be nice if others would also try to push this train of thought rather than sigh about how things seem to be at the moment.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 575
    Everywhen said:

I like Deepworld.
    I will continue to play Deepworld.
    I will do what I can to help Deepworld to grow.

This stands irrelevant to the opinion of others on the state of the game.
    It would be nice if others would also try to push this train of thought rather than sigh about how things seem to be at the moment.

hi, im standing right here
  • stanicek3stanicek3 Gillingham KeepMember Posts: 391
    Having risen from my grave for the first time since 2014, I would say the game is more dead than those times, but it isn't completely dead. There's definitely less people, but it's still alive
  • IsaacIsBlackIsaacIsBlack Member Posts: 170
    I'm still over here waiting on an android port, since I refuse to go back to iOS. I'll wait patiently though.
  • Rocky17deathRocky17death Member Posts: 10
    The game is slowly coming back to life for those who havent notice and stop saying the game is dead its making players mad XD
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457

The game is slowly coming back to life for those who havent notice and stop saying the game is dead its making players mad XD

I've made observations, made flowcharts, it's not coming back to life. In fact the inverse is happening. And we all know what the inverse is already. Compare the population now to the population in say, 2014. Far lower. It'd help if the "Spring Update" wasn't so hesitant that it's summer and it's still not out. Now I know the devs have lives and there aren't exactly a lot of them, but really. It's overdue and at this point the community cannot revive the game. I think we crossed the rubicon months ago. It's the developers or bust. And since soon tends to mean never, my vote at this point is on bust. Hate to burst your bubble. (Not really) XD

I've made observations, made flowcharts, it's not coming back to life. In fact the inverse is happening. And we all know what the inverse is already. Compare the population now to the population in say, 2014. Far lower. It'd help if the "Spring Update" wasn't so hesitant that it's summer and it's still not out. Now I know the devs have lives and there aren't exactly a lot of them, but really. It's overdue and at this point the community cannot revive the game. I think we crossed the rubicon months ago. It's the developers or bust. And since soon tends to mean never, my vote at this point is on bust. Hate to burst your bubble. (Not really) XD
    Instead of comparing between 2014 and now, compare between three monthes ago and now, even one month ago and now, the game was even less popular a month ago, and only 30 players came online each day, now, almost 80 would
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457

Instead of comparing between 2014 and now, compare between three monthes ago and now, even one month ago and now, the game was even less popular a month ago, and only 30 players came online each day, now, almost 80 would
    Yes, I did notice that trend, although I'd say it's due to summertime thus more people can come online. Your numbers are rather accurate though. Well, give or take 10 players. Regardless, the fact of the matter is we're still south of 100 players.

Yes, I did notice that trend, although I'd say it's due to summertime thus more people can come online. Your numbers are rather accurate though. Well, give or take 10 players. Regardless, the fact of the matter is we're still south of 100 players.
    Well, summer has been summer for more than a month so it was still summer last month, maybe the summer thing is right, but yeah, it may become more popular sooner than later, but yeah, if the devs update the game more, it'll be popular
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 586

Well, summer has been summer for more than a month so it was still summer last month, maybe the summer thing is right, but yeah, it may become more popular sooner than later, but yeah, if the devs update the game more, it'll be popular
    Popular is the wrong word. Its clinging to life now, and may be alive soon