Collaboration Building Competition! [UPDATE]

bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 283
edited July 9 in Collaborations
Recently, I had this idea for a building competition. I've always wanted to host one, and thought it would be so cool! When I told people about it, I suddenly realized that both of my worlds were being used. But, then, Jacky_ said, "We could use my XL world." And that's when it hit me. Why not work together to make one, awesome, amazing building competition?

I went around Deepworld for a couple of days asking people if they could help out, and to my surprise, when I explained it to someone, other people came up and volunteered! Right now we have 12 volunteers! :3

There are different jobs that one person can do. Exploring the world is a big job since the world is so big. Another job someone can do is donate, or help pitch in for one of the competition's prizes. The good thing about a collab is that no one has to be super rich. Everyone could just pitch in one small rare and trade all those small rares for one big, awesome prize! :)

I want this competition to be amazing, so I checked in All In One (even though it's outdated) for prices for possible prizes. When we have all the prizes ready I plan to ask people in Times Square (who usually trade) for price values so the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes aren't flawed.

If you want to volunteer, just say so in the comments. Tell me your in-game username and what job you'd like to do and I'll put you down on the list. The exploring of the world hasn't started yet, but I plan to gather as many people as I can before it does.

I know people are always saying Deepworld is dying, or that the community has become toxic, but I'm going to prove them wrong! I remember a time when I first joined Deepworld and the Forums that I thought it was the best community I've ever seen, and it was. Lately, that's changed, but I plan to fix it! :D

[UPDATE]: We now have 20 volunteers! So it's time to get your pickaxes out and start exploring! The world I Like Sushi is now open for volunteers who've chosen that certain job to help explore! Please take note that people who've donated are also added in case they want to hop on for any reason. Anyone who still wants to help explore or donate, just say so in the comments, in-game, or PM me and you'll be added.
People open to the world are....

@Bleak
@PRYMANCER
@RoseGold
@TealHyena
@Hollywood
@bas.
@Gilby
@MiesnerMan86
@Brainstorm
@FlynnXD
@Jacky_ (The owner of the world)
@Shad.
@llamaking
@Blyss
@Sadistic
@Dragonux19
@Unknown_71
@Embracethewolf2
@Rockpopcandy5678
@Shr1mp_
@CerealKiller
@mofc1991
@bboommeerr
@Skylar.
@TheIronPatriot
@Dupix
@Creeps.
@Chuuya
@Clarent

NOTE: Anything you find is free game. Please try to explore in the grayed out areas of the map. Please refrain from placing any type of protector until the competition starts. Thanks! :D
Post edited by bean17magic on

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,436
    I want to join!
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 459
    Interesting idea and quite a bit of optimism. Just be careful in how you proceed with this idea. Executed correctly it can work out. Executed poorly and it can backfire. I'm interested in seeing how it proceeds, personally.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 351
    edited July 6
    Another One.... wait how about we make make a new competition?
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    Could use a bit of help, the world name is "I Like Sushi" and it needs to be explored to 75%
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 585
    I can help - MienserMan86

I may be able to do 2nd or 3rd prizes depending on how expensive. I have been trading huge profit lately and have an item that doesnt sell...

Also exploring is what i do and as long as i can compete, all this will be good and dandy
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 283

I want to join!

I can help - MienserMan86

I may be able to do 2nd or 3rd prizes depending on how expensive. I have been trading huge profit lately and have an item that doesnt sell...

Also exploring is what i do and as long as i can compete, all this will be good and dandy

Thank you for deciding to help out! I'll put you down on the list and I'll be sure to tell everyone when the exploration of the world starts! :D
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 781
    edited July 7
    I'll help too. I may be poor but I have dedication. My name is Shad. Shad with a period at the end.

(Also I destroyed my palkia build today.. so I have building blocks.)
    You_Doodle_2017-06-20T06_17_00Z.jpg
    3061 x 3072 - 5M
    edited July 7
    Shadow711 said:

I'll help too. I may be poor but I have dedication. My name is Shad. Shad with a period at the end.

Oh! I already have you on the list from when you volunteered in game, but you never specified what job you wanted to do. Exploring, I assume?
    (Also that's a beautiful Palika :3)
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 781

Shadow711 said:

Oh! I already have you on the list from when you volunteered in game, but you never specified what job you wanted to do. Exploring, I assume?
    (Also that's a beautiful Palika :3)
    I can explore. If I find anything by crazy chance, do you want it?
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 432
    I can donate an Onyx, @bean17magic . Hope it helps.
    TealHyena said:

I can donate an Onyx, @bean17magic . Hope it helps.

Wow, thank you so much, Teal! You're on the list now! :D
  • RoseGoldRoseGold HogwartsMember Posts: 1,119
    I'll help! I can explore the world or donate some stuff, whichever is fine.
    RoseGold said:

I'll help! I can explore the world or donate some stuff, whichever is fine.

Awesome! You're on the list RoseGold! You can donate whenever you want! :3
    edited July 7
    This is a once in a life time opportunity I'll volunteer
    edited July 7
    mofc1991 said:

Wow! Thank you! What job would you like?
    Also, I need your in-game name just to be sure.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller On EarthMember Posts: 179
    I think this is a great idea! Hopefully i'm not too late to sign up for exploring, I could also donate 2 orange crys, since no one really buys them. This is finally something for me to look forward to. Thanks for hosting this competition! My IGN is CerealKiller, which you already know.

I think this is a great idea! Hopefully i'm not too late to sign up for exploring, I could also donate 2 orange crys, since no one really buys them. This is finally something for me to look forward to. Thanks for hosting this competition! My IGN is CerealKiller, which you already know.

Of course, it's not too late! Actually, we've only just begun exploring as of today. And thank you so much for the donation! If this keeps up, I can promise great prizes for the competition!
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82

mofc1991 said:

Both added.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 585
    Jacky said:

mofc1991 said:

Both added.
    oh, i wonder why i got added to a world lol. its already at 70% tho... i never got a chance :/
    My in game name is Mofc1991
    edited July 9
    Good news! Yesterday we just finished exploring the world! Thank you to everyone who helped out, I really appreciate it! And remember, you can still donate! ;)
    1000.PNG
    753 x 456 - 619K