I lied to you all.

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 534
edited July 11 in Gripes and Grins
(I thought that this was illegal.. so it's a double lie. I wasn't lied to, and then. Lied to all of you.
Post edited by Shadow711 on
IMG_2643.JPG
682 x 579 - 286K
IMG_2644.JPG
365 x 450 - 35K
You_Doodle_2017-07-11T00_05_09Z.jpg
3072 x 3072 - 6M
You_Doodle_2017-06-20T06_17_00Z.jpg
3061 x 3072 - 5M

Comments

• Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,543
    What was the lie?
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 534
    The pictures won't load. Sorry for that too. Lmao
  • Tannerman14Tannerman14 Making a BLT with extra bacon because I can.Member Posts: 2,208
    I don't understand the problem. I design ALL of my massive builds in a program like that pixel by pixel. I have done a large "MARVEL" logo, and a VERY large S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo, and (I never finished it) but I was also recreating the deepworld launch screen in game via the same method. I truly do not see a problem with this.
  • DebatorDebator time out chairMember Posts: 516
    Revuilding a pixel art isnt illegal
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    It is only illegal if you use it in your game/program/video without a disclaimer that it belongs to someone else, that is if you plan on making real money using it
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,278
    this is actually legal unless you use it for making money.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    even if this was illegal, keep the leap. i enjoyed your builds and thats all that mattered.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz ...Member Posts: 2,646
    nintendo won't sue you for making pixel art of a pokemon
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,659
    Look at all the other games. They do pixel art all the time. Just don't copy an idea from them to which you use for money. Which is copyright.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,084
    ???
    Wait.. seriously? I was convinced that this was illegal. Well I'm just stupid then.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 226
    You seriously think that this 'shadow' could make this remarkable work by just placing random blocks
    mofc1991 said:

You seriously think that this 'shadow' could make this remarkable work by just placing random blocks

uhhh... was this intended to be blunt or was it just accidentally worded that way?
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 271
    mofc1991 said:

Yes. I actually do believe Shad could make remarkable work by 'just placing random blocks' and he has. Maybe he copied the pictures, but he can still do pixel art. Shad's making amazing builds, and he's trying his very best, too! I believe in Shad, and so should you.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 359
    I made a pixel art smiley face..... Ifunny may sue me with their team of monkey lawyers. (Monkeys in monkey suits....)
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 288
    In all honesty, even with the pictures I don't think I could have done what shadow did so, in my book it's just as amazing as ever. Thanks for the cool pix art shad. :smile:
    I'll be honest, I made this thread because I got a bad case of anxiety. I have a lot on my shoulders in game and in real life, and I just... snapped. Forget about this.. please.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,033
    this is perfectly legal and also falls under fair use. =)
    Inception said:

I made a pixel art smiley face..... Ifunny may sue me with their team of monkey lawyers. (Monkeys in monkey suits....)

this deserves to be recognized some how lol
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 226

mofc1991 said:

Yes. I actually do believe Shad could make remarkable work by 'just placing random blocks' and he has. Maybe he copied the pictures, but he can still do pixel art. Shad's making amazing builds, and he's trying his very best, too! I believe in Shad, and so should you.
    I am inspired by his work it's just his pixel art is better than I've ever seen before.