/zoomout command

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
edited July 23 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I know I make a lot of these threads, but I tend to believe that making simple-to-code-in ideas would be very helpful for the game. Don't sue me plisssss.

Anyways... I had an idea of a /zoomout command, which would be the exact opposite of the /closeup command. BUT... Before you start stating the ways of abuse, the command only works like an emote. (Only works when you're grounded and disables itself when you move) BUT... there's still abuse in that, too. What about only enabling the command to world owners and members? And yes, I know world owners could abuse it still, but maybe that's okay. More people would buy worlds to abuse that command and explore a whole lot efficiently, making them buy more worlds faster! Therefor, an increase in revenue used to update the game for MORE REVUNUE! I don't know if I'm a genius or a smooth talker, but I'm in love with this idea. What do you all think?

(Code talk, because why not) So, executing the command /zoomout 5, 10, 20, etc. would give you a temporary perception level of that level, but you can only access up to double and a half of your personal perception level (perception 15 lets you zoom out to 45) and if you try to zoom out to level 45 at level 5 perception, it will only zoom you to level 15. The way this would work is, it'd follow the way an emote would work (explained above) which could easily be copied over to the command. The hard part would be getting the perception back to the right level after moving, but I'm sure if the devs try hard enough, they could do it. :)

DLC (kinda) Maybe the devs could put an untradable item in the crown shop called a Telescope, which gives you the ability to zoomout to perception 50, regardless of perception level. It could be at a cost of 500 crowns, or ten bucks. That would also give revenue to our great devs.

What do you all think of this idea? Personally, I NEEEEEED IT!!!

Comments

  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 431
    Hm maybe.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,762
    Maybe it's a little too OP.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776

    Maybe it's a little too OP.

    Fancy seeing you here.

    Anyways, it would be weakened by the range of the flashlight... which wouldn't change. People looking for onyx would have a hard time finding it. (Keep In mind that this only would for bought worlds as the owners and members can only use it.)
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457
    This would be literally insane if combined with Perception 15 and the PC version. We once capped out at 40 +/- 2 blocks zoom. So we would have potentially 84 blocks out...christ. But if it's only for bought worlds then it's not completely overpowered.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776

    This would be literally insane if combined with Perception 15 and the PC version. We once capped out at 40 +/- 2 blocks zoom. So we would have potentially 84 blocks out...christ. But if it's only for bought worlds then it's not completely overpowered.

    Yeah, it's not like you can go to a naturally generated world and zoom out to the point where you can literally see an eighth of said world, BUT you would be able to do that in a world you buy, which.. also isn't that op. If you buy a world, you'll find the materials sooner or later. This speeds the process up for people to buy new worlds sooner.

    Oh yeah, also I'm bad at editing and hate stitching together pictures like these.




    image
    You_Doodle_2017-07-11T00_05_09Z.jpg
    3072 x 3072 - 6M
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457
    Shadow711 said:

    This would be literally insane if combined with Perception 15 and the PC version. We once capped out at 40 +/- 2 blocks zoom. So we would have potentially 84 blocks out...christ. But if it's only for bought worlds then it's not completely overpowered.

    Yeah, it's not like you can go to a naturally generated world and zoom out to the point where you can literally see an eighth of said world, BUT you would be able to do that in a world you buy, which.. also isn't that op. If you buy a world, you'll find the materials sooner or later. This speeds the process up for people to buy new worlds sooner.

    Oh yeah, also I'm bad at editing and hate stitching together pictures like these.




    image
    Imagine /zoom out perception 15 and on PC when you take a screenshot on mega. You'll literally see at LEAST a fifth of the world.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
    Maybe it would secretly be level 49 on PC so it's not op.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 431
    Shadow711 said:

    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.

    They don't have time to update the game, let alone do this and everything at once. Maybe sometime in the future though?
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457
    Shadow711 said:

    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.

    1. You COULD have edited to the same effect minus the getting in front page thing, and 2. Nobody really cares if you double post on your own thread...usually.
  • AthenaAthena Somewhere over the rainbow.Member Posts: 765
    Perhaps the feature could be IOS-exclusive to give IOS users temporary zoom that matches PC. This way, it wouldn't be more OP than PC.
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,064
    Perhaps it would work if it only worked while standing still, and only worked on worlds over a certain percentage explored?

    That would likely balance it tbh.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Athena said:

    Perhaps the feature could be IOS-exclusive to give IOS users temporary zoom that matches PC. This way, it wouldn't be more OP than PC.

    as somebody who has gone from iPod to PC, this isn't even a fair comparison. The specs alone are so ungodly different. The PC screen shouldn't be limited to an iPad just like the iPad isn't limited to an iPod.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 457
    p1nkbr0 said:

    Athena said:

    Perhaps the feature could be IOS-exclusive to give IOS users temporary zoom that matches PC. This way, it wouldn't be more OP than PC.

    as somebody who has gone from iPod to PC, this isn't even a fair comparison. The specs alone are so ungodly different. The PC screen shouldn't be limited to an iPad just like the iPad isn't limited to an iPod.
    By that logic, it would be fair if I hooked up my PC to my TV. Which for the record, is HUGE.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
    TealHyena said:

    Shadow711 said:

    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.

    They don't have time to update the game, let alone do this and everything at once. Maybe sometime in the future though?
    Well, most people suggest items that don't benefit the devs at all. This is DIFFERENT!!!!!!1!1!1!1
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 431
    Shadow711 said:

    TealHyena said:

    Shadow711 said:

    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.

    They don't have time to update the game, let alone do this and everything at once. Maybe sometime in the future though?
    Well, most people suggest items that don't benefit the devs at all. This is DIFFERENT!!!!!!1!1!1!1
    Just because I could explore my world extremely fast, doesn't mean I'm immediately going to rush off and purchase another, it just means I'll be spending less time in the actual game working on that world. Therefore, I don't have anything to do anymore.

    And for the people who actually need items and need to explore, I wouldn't buy worlds to get items, and never have. I buy mass tele/Spawners and sell them for a pretty penny :)
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
    TealHyena said:

    Shadow711 said:

    TealHyena said:

    Shadow711 said:

    Sorry for double posting, but maybe @Lisa should see this.

    They don't have time to update the game, let alone do this and everything at once. Maybe sometime in the future though?
    Well, most people suggest items that don't benefit the devs at all. This is DIFFERENT!!!!!!1!1!1!1
    Just because I could explore my world extremely fast, doesn't mean I'm immediately going to rush off and purchase another, it just means I'll be spending less time in the actual game working on that world. Therefore, I don't have anything to do anymore.

    And for the people who actually need items and need to explore, I wouldn't buy worlds to get items, and never have. I buy mass tele/Spawners and sell them for a pretty penny :)
    Not everybody uses that method, though. Some people like to play on the more dangerous side for more rewarding payment.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 400
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 776
    Inception said:
    Ooooooh. Maybe the command could be linked with the mass machine?
Sign In or Register to comment.