Select one of Four Projects

2»

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,149
    New PvP World Project
    Oh.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 297
    So PvP world is winning so far, with Hybrid Farms and Mass Advertising tied. The archives finally got their first vote. Which one shall we do first? Time will tell.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher It's so everywhere you don't need a where. You don't even need a when. That's how "every" it gets.Member Posts: 342
    I will build anything needed.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 297
    edited August 13
    A 3-way tie at the end of the fourth day...interesting. That'll be hard to juggle, but we're nowhere near closing just yet/
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 365
    Hybrid Farm Projects
    Chose wrong one
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and aliveMember Posts: 2,758
    TealHyena said:

Gotcha, but Zstorm, sheen, and I, already do advertise for deepworld. In a way. YouTube gets the game across to many new audiences.

Look I hate to burst your bubble but.. 3 people creating youtube videos for a small iOS MMO, that hardly recieved updates means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't care how many subscribers you have or how many views you have, it's clearly not enough.

As well, I hate to point this out but iOS basically has adblocker apps now (I use one called Weblock) which do a remarkable job at removing ads.

As well, with the game only being accessible on PC/ Mac as well as iOS, you can hardly advertise on androids, and most people who see ads on iOS despise them. We use our phones for a quick way to stay in contact, and any kind of ad is shunned because they are interrupting our feeds and taking up valuable space on already small screens, making ads even less effective - meaning you'd have to do video ads... which ends up getting your app uninstalled because nobody wants to sit through a 30 second ad to access content. (Unless they do it willingly).

If you were to do a project, you'd need to be doing one on something in-game. Deepworld is dying, no suprises there despite what people will claim. Advertisement for deepworld would need to be met with consistant updates, improvements and bug fixes, otherwise you waste your time advertising. It's be easier to market a completely new game tbh.

• MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    New PvP World Project
    Multarix said:

TealHyena said:

Gotcha, but Zstorm, sheen, and I, already do advertise for deepworld. In a way. YouTube gets the game across to many new audiences.

Look I hate to burst your bubble but.. 3 people creating youtube videos for a small iOS MMO, that hardly recieved updates means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't care how many subscribers you have or how many views you have, it's clearly not enough.

As well, I hate to point this out but iOS basically has adblocker apps now (I use one called Weblock) which do a remarkable job at removing ads.

As well, with the game only being accessible on PC/ Mac as well as iOS, you can hardly advertise on androids, and most people who see ads on iOS despise them. We use our phones for a quick way to stay in contact, and any kind of ad is shunned because they are interrupting our feeds and taking up valuable space on already small screens, making ads even less effective - meaning you'd have to do video ads... which ends up getting your app uninstalled because nobody wants to sit through a 30 second ad to access content. (Unless they do it willingly).

If you were to do a project, you'd need to be doing one on something in-game. Deepworld is dying, no suprises there despite what people will claim. Advertisement for deepworld would need to be met with consistant updates, improvements and bug fixes, otherwise you waste your time advertising. It's be easier to market a completely new game tbh.

Someone is a party pooper
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 116
    New PvP World Project
    Multarix said:

TealHyena said:

Not everything that's easy is worth it. As a matter of fact, rarely anything is

Multarix said:

TealHyena said:

I'm sorry for explaining reality.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 528
    New PvP World Project
    Multarix said:

Multarix said:

TealHyena said:

I'm sorry for explaining reality.
    Is this sarcasm or an actual apology? Because mine was more or less of a joke.
    It was sarcasm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯