Trader Rating

DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
edited August 10 in Feedback and Game Ideas
I don't really know if this can implemented well but to help point out deceitful traders and scammers I was thinking that maybe a rating system could pop up after every trade (or even something as simple as a thumbs up/thumbs down). Average of the value could show up as a number next to the player's name in market worlds. If possible trades including rares would be worth more per vote to avoid people just trading common items to raise their ratings.

An incentive can also be given to those with good ratings (loot bonus in dailies?) idk

Comments

• mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 302
    Make sure to add this as an idea on the deepworld pages!
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,713
    What if scammers had an alt account, they would improve their rating so they won't look as if they were to scam.

People are unpredictable, as they would probably rate you a low score because they wanted to.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526

What if scammers had an alt account, they would improve their rating so they won't look as if they were to scam.

People are unpredictable, as they would probably rate you a low score because they wanted to.

Probably the value of a rating diminishes depending on how frequent someone is being rated by the same person?

Could also put restrictions I guess (Order of the Crow?) for voting but that'd be unfair to newbies.

People are unpredictable but not everyone either so lets not hinge everything on that.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 701
    This reminds me of a rating system they have in Growtopia. Now bear with me here, I have a good point.

Growtopia has a system where every letter and number is a new world to explore. Now, they also have this thing called "Growtokens", where whichever world gets the most ratings will Receive a growtoken for the day.... and as you guessed, it was heavily abused when it was a thing. Scammers had tons of Alts rate their world 5, while they rated all the other popular worlds 1. And that's why I quit that game. Awful idea, just awful.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 232
    Dracul said:

Probably the value of a rating diminishes depending on how frequent someone is being rated by the same person?

Could also put restrictions I guess (Order of the Crow?) for voting but that'd be unfair to newbies.

People are unpredictable but not everyone either so lets not hinge everything on that.
    This wouldn't be a terrible idea tbh, although it should probably only be allowed for anyone with a crow/moon, like you stated. And @Hydroblade29, if they give you a negative rating just because they feel like it, then they should have to write a reason down as to Why exactly that thumbs-down was earned. There could also be a way to make sure that people are actually giving good reasons why, etc.
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 564
    Tbh this is way too hard. Just go by popular player's opinions.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 701
    I've got a different idea inspired from this.

This reminds me of a system they have in GTA 5. yes, I'm mocking myself from last post. It basically goes like this; For the more crimes you do, the higher your mental state will go. When it "unironically bottoms out just like how karma does", your icon turns red and other online players will receive more money and EXP from killing you.

See what I'm trying to say? If there was a system that turned the player's order into a little devil face (and preferably also made them wear a dunce cap) if said player was caught trying to hack or even threatening to hack, they would be forced to have this with karma perhaps.. embarrassing them and making them unable to trade or break blocks.
    And also the way karma works now is stupid.