Community ranking

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 801
Inspired from a thread called trade ranking (check it out http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/26818/trader-rating#latest ), I had an idea which would solve multiple problems at once.

The idea is called Community Ranking, and how it works is REALLY confusing.. but give a listen, will ya? So say at the start of the day there's a number that starts at 500, and every time someone says a cuss word, and more importantly, the word SCAM, the number drops by one. If this number bottoms out, no special daily loot for a WEEK. if it doesn't, we will get special custom daily loot for the day. Then it resets back to 500. This will encourage good behavior in deepworld even after android release. And maybe as a little push, cussing now instantly kills your player. Personally, I'd like this in exchange of karma any day. What do you all think?

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,448
    If you really think one person could stay online for more than 10 minutes to say 500 cuss words, sure.
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 283
    edited August 11
    Sounds good. Though not all bad players swear, I've seen a number of toxic people that do swear.
    EDIT: But what I'd suggest is bumping down the number to 30-20 because even if someone tried, saying that many swear words or the word 'scam' is pretty darn hard.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 801
    edited August 11
    Okay, how about this. If ONE PLAYER lowers the number 30 times, they are punished. First is a simple warning and karma, next is another warning and karma, next is a day ban. After that It stays at a day ban.

I'm sorry if this really sounds harsh. We need a way to discipline all the android players that are soon to come though.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 348
    Shadow711 said:

Okay, how about this. If ONE PLAYER lowers the number 30 times, they are punished. First is a simple warning and karma, next is another warning and karma, next is a day ban. After that It stays at a day ban.

I'm sorry if this really sounds harsh. We need a way to discipline all the android players that are soon to come though.

I like it the way it is tbh. If you come out talkin like Eminem or another 90's rapper you should be muted for a set amount of time, then a longer period, and then an even longer period. Bans should only happen if these comments and words are directed towards other players (S/O to half of the known banned players for this), and they should be long, but not permanent :confused:, unless the player does this twice

The problem with this though, is the fact that words like embarrassed get censored and blurred out usually. This would have to be fixed before anything else, otherwise if you're in a constant state of saying embarrassed, you might have this happen to you. And nobody wants into Hell for being embarrassed, because that's embarrassing.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 590
    But what if im seeing a noob who is about to get scammed, and say "dont do that trade, its a scam!"
    That would give me this karma stuff.

And lets face it, this is just an extended karma system. I think the system we have now, with mutes and such, is pretty okay. People cussing isnt the biggest problem of deepworld
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 359
    What if someone made an account to swear 30 times on then makes another etc
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    fyi swearing does actually harm the player, unless that was changed
    Multarix said:

fyi swearing does actually harm the player, unless that was changed

No, swearing does a heart of damage.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,837
    In which case, people can swear themselves to death. Literally.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 466
    But the nice ppl would be punished by the original thought of this thread
    Multarix said:

In which case, people can swear themselves to death. Literally.

I'm not afraid to admit it either. I've sworn myself to death before.