Can Someone Be Banned For Greifing?

JaceTDJaceTD Your BasementMember Posts: 55
Can someone be banned for greifing? If there's proof?

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Not usually, unless he griefs the hard work of hundreds of players, and hundreds of players complain to the administrators, that couldn't happen
  • JaceTDJaceTD Your BasementMember Posts: 55
    lisa said:

Protect your belongings.

Ok
  • MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 573
    I talked to a player named toxicCharger who scammed a building competetion. I dont know if he can be banned... or the many players could get their stuff back...?

@lisa

I understand if not
    IMG_1072.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 279

I talked to a player named toxicCharger who scammed a building competetion. I dont know if he can be banned... or the many players could get their stuff back...?

@lisa

I understand if not

I agree with this. I'd like my belongings back, too. About 25-30 people entered that building competition and many worked very hard on their build. I know I did.

@lisa

I understand if not

I agree with this. I'd like my belongings back, too. About 25-30 people entered that building competition and many worked very hard on their build. I know I did.
    I lost 2 blue teleporters, grand clock, a large protector, and various resources and time on something just to be punished... others probably "spiced" up their builds with rares, and i would feel very sorry for them.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727

@lisa

I understand if not

Yeah. Same goes here. Some very good people lent me crystal blocks for my build, and now I can't return them because of this guy. This is very bad abuse of the /wprivate command, (I think that's the command.) and we need some justice... like you get access to the world if your protector is there.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 299
    lisa said:

Protect your belongings.

And don't add anyone to your pros/world unless you trust them w your life, or they're trusted throughout the community. I lost 40+ onyx in stuff not going by this.
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82

@lisa

I understand if not

I'd love to get my stuff back, my friend and I worked so hard on our entry.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 450
    I lost a large pro but im broke on pros :/
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,740
    Technically the whole ToxicCharger thing was more of a scam.

Well, something should still be done about it wether we get our stuff back or not. If it's not acted on at all, then nobody will build in anyone's world.
    Shadow711 said:

Well, something should still be done about it wether we get our stuff back or not. If it's not acted on at all, then nobody will build in anyone's world.
    It would be nice to have the world opened again, but i understand if that cannot be done. A punishment is due to ToxicCharger though...
  • MuneebMuneeb Football Ground.Member Posts: 1,178
    Shadow711 said:

Like lisa said , you need to protect your stuff yourself , do not join building competitions of people who are not trustworthy and so , unfortunately nothing can be done now as greifing/scamming can't get anyone banned. :I
    Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Like lisa said , you need to protect your stuff yourself , do not join building competitions of people who are not trustworthy and so , unfortunately nothing can be done now as greifing/scamming can't get anyone banned. :I
    Really? Since when?? That's absurd tbh
  • MuneebMuneeb Football Ground.Member Posts: 1,178

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Since the start Greifing/scamming were never banable acts.
    edited August 14
    Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

The owners of these objects HAVE protected their items, but they can not access them... and from what I heard, the owner of the world has gained trust a while ago, I think this really deserves to be acted on
    Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Then why was I banned for scamming a couple years ago?
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568

Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Maybe a person reported you but said you did something else :/
    edited August 14

Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Nope. Hold on, I'll pull up the thread if I can find it again

Edited to add: Here's the thread - http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/16174/how-did-i-get-into-hell/p1

Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Edited to add: Here's the thread - http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/16174/how-did-i-get-into-hell/p1
    Oh :P

Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

We are currently not years ago.

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

this has changed. i believe if you have proof, you can ban them. you must be thinking about the part that you cannot get your items back.

Muneeb said:

Muneeb said:

Shadow711 said:

We are currently not years ago.

@Muneeb said from the start. I was pointing out that this is not the way that it's always been
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 120

@lisa

I understand if not

Soz for necropost, but that may be one of the reasons why I don't enter competitions anymore
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 447
    Jsaycool said:

@lisa

I understand if not

Soz for necropost, but that may be one of the reasons why I don't enter competitions anymore
    You live necroposting but it was related to the topic so...
    Also I don't believe you can be banned for griefing itself, but moreso for abuse.
    edited August 21
    Yeah. I remember Lorthrash being scammed from a old player I used to be friends with. What he did was had Lorthrash place his rares in a private world, only to remove Lorth's access to that world with his items in it. He then made Lorthrash pay to get back in the world and get his stuff.

And I will admit that I had scammed some people with him before realizing it's not right... and I deeply apologize to whoever was scammed by the older me. I've changed to be a better person, but I've never got to return the items. I'm ashamed of old me, and promise to never do it again.

Wew, there was a big weight lifted from my shoulders while writing this.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 450
    When I first joined the game my irl taught me to scam. I scam like 3 accounts :/, But same for me I rlly feel bad now. And is that Player Sorak? he did same thing to me but never gave back

When I first joined the game my irl taught me to scam. I scam like 3 accounts :/, But same for me I rlly feel bad now. And is that Player Sorak? he did same thing to me but never gave back

I know it feels good to admit to scamming before, but lets get back on track.
    Shadow711 said:

I know it feels good to admit to scamming before, but lets get back on track.
    Can someone be banned for griefing?