Fan Art Sculpture Contest!

lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,105
edited August 13 in General
Let's see what kind of Deepworld inspired fan art we can come up with that is in the sculpture realm. Bonus points for unusual mediums, such as food! Winner gets featured here on the forum as well as on the Facebook page and receives a 150 crown prize. Second place gets featured here and on the Facebook page and receives a 100 crown prize. Third place gets featured here and on the Facebook page and receives a 50 crown prize.

To enter, create a Deepworld inspired sculpture in real life using real things and post a photo, or photos, of it here! 3 entry per person limit.

Contest will be judged by myself and our most recent Fan Art Winner @bean17magic and ends one week from today, Sunday August 20, 2017 at 10 PM EST.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask them below.

Good luck!!!

Comments

• _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Yay!
    Few questions..

Are we supposed to build a sculpture, or draw a sculpture?

Is it supposed to be something in deepworld, or something that could be Deepworld mixed with something else, like, for example, a pizza Terrapus.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727
    edited August 13
    Can it be built with snow as well as ice? If so, does the snow HAVE to be snow brick??

EDIT: actually, it seems that we got to draw it. That makes more sense.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,105

Yay!
    Few questions..

Are we supposed to build a sculpture, or draw a sculpture?

Is it supposed to be something in deepworld, or something that could be Deepworld mixed with something else, like, for example, a pizza Terrapus.

Build a sculpture and post a photo(s) of that sculpture. We always have drawing entries and I wanted to try and mix it up a bit.

A pizza terrapus would be fantastic!

Oh and I mean build it in real life, not in game. So like a real piece of pizza shaped into a terrapus!
    Shadow711 said:

Can it be built with snow as well as ice? If so, does the snow HAVE to be snow brick??

No, like for real sculpture, not in game.
  • ItsjustketchupItsjustketchup Member Posts: 125
    Like... modelling clay?

Like... modelling clay?

Sure!
    lisa said:

Shadow711 said:

No, like for real sculpture, not in game.
    Nice. I've always wanted to draw my own deepworld themed item. Expect it to be good.... well.. except for Sirentist.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 318
    This seems legit. However I have no materials...
    Just bought colored pencils, because this one belongs on paper.
  • bean17magicbean17magic Earth. COME AT ME ALIENS!Member Posts: 279
    lisa said:

Let's see what kind of Deepworld inspired fan art we can come up with that is in the sculpture realm. Bonus points for unusual mediums, such as food! Winner gets featured here on the forum as well as on the Facebook page and receives a 150 crown prize. Second place gets featured here and on the Facebook page and receives a 100 crown prize. Third place gets featured here and on the Facebook page and receives a 50 crown prize.

To enter, create a Deepworld inspired sculpture in real life using real things and post a photo, or photos, of it here! 3 entry per person limit.

Contest will be judged by myself and our most recent Fan Art Winner @bean17magic and ends one week from today, Sunday August 20, 2017 at 10 PM EST.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask them below.

Good luck!!!

Oh my gosh, I'm so honored! Thank you so much! :D
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    Hmmmm, I'm getting a strong urge to make an ice cream brain...
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 450
    edited August 15
    -Nvm-
    Post edited by BrainGamer on
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568
    edited August 14
    I have over 5 thousand Legos, so I might as well put them to use. Actually, can I post my steampunk Lego house I posted a while ago?
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    Shadow711 said:

Lisa said 5 times it cant be a drawing
    Debator said:

Shadow711 said:

Lisa said 5 times it cant be a drawing
    Oh.... I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, am I...
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
    Seems like this thread should be stickied as an announcement!

Also I really think someone (not me) should make a crow piñata, so I can go smack it with a shovel. Or at least imagine it getting smacked with a shovel. I'm just saying.
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,301
    You know, a drawing is technically a sculpture if you look closely enough.
    Sirentist said:

Also I really think someone (not me) should make a crow piñata, so I can go smack it with a shovel. Or at least imagine it getting smacked with a shovel. I'm just saying.

I was gonna draw a crow, but I misread the thread as ICE SCULPTURE, and not a regular sculpture. From there I assumed I could just draw it, because nobody in this forum can make an ice sculpture in real life.

But noooooooooo.........
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 447
    Shadow711 said:

Sirentist said:

I was gonna draw a crow, but I misread the thread as ICE SCULPTURE, and not a regular sculpture. From there I assumed I could just draw it, because nobody in this forum can make an ice sculpture in real life.

But noooooooooo.........
    Oh? Would you be willing to take that bet, @Shadow711?
    If I'm the only one who enters do I win?
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 470
    I made things out of polymer clay ages ago but I think I threw em out. If I get the chance I'll make something tonight / tomorrow
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568

I have over 5 thousand Legos, so I might as well put them to use. Actually, can I post my steampunk Lego house I posted a while ago on fan art of the week?

Can someone answer my question?
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    Only lisa knows that @IronManArcher
    So ummmmmm anyone?

@IronManArcher go for it!
    Tomorrow I might be able to submit something
    edited August 17

Shadow711 said:

Sirentist said:

But noooooooooo.........
    Oh? Would you be willing to take that bet, @Shadow711?
    I mean nobody can make a good ice sculpture.
    lisa said:

So ummmmmm anyone?

I'm working on mine right now, out of a cardboard box. So far only the upper half is done.
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,301
    Are perler beads valid here?
    Ohhh this was much harder then I thought it was going to be the stores only have 5 colours of clay.. red blue green grey brown
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 470

Ohhh this was much harder then I thought it was going to be the stores only have 5 colours of clay.. red blue green grey brown

Darn. White and yellow are the two colours that could help solve your problems with that :/ Are there any specialty stores in your area?

If not then I guess you could make some playdough at home with food colouring, it just won't be able to set.