Who wants more bunkers??

Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727
edited August 14 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Now I know what you're all thinking after reading the title, "We have like 25 different dungeons already", but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about bunkers, which are very different. Bunkers always have specific spawned items instead of the usual chest, like the paint bunkers and head bunkers... But, what if there was a space bunker, (Spawns the solar dio, telescope) and what if If there was even a FANCY LAMP BUNKER??? Not only would these have more variety in a world, but would move playable items from the chest to it's own bunker, and maybe even provide a good idea to what the next building competition is.

Who wants more bunkers?? 22 votes

We need this so bad.
13%
Hydroblade29OnyxminerIronManArcher 3 votes
I'd like to have this, but I don't care if I don't either.
77%
p1nkbr0sleepyCreeperItzDenniszRetro_Chowlilroller717AlphastormThe_MarauderBrainGamerAthenabean17magicLilyabcDebatorRoseGoldmofc1991_Brainstorm_FallenAngelMiesnerMan86 17 votes
Bad idea. No, just no.
9%
TealHyenaRasen_Kyugan_Fox 2 votes

Comments

• MiesnerMan86MiesnerMan86 What is Life?Member Posts: 573
    There is good and bad about it, too tired to explain lol
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 299
    This is exactly what I was thinking if a jungle biome should arrive, this would fit in perfect. There could be a 'jungle temple' of sorts with the new mk'ed turrets guarding it and whatever it should hold within.

Pros - more items, more raidable things, more fun

Cons - Large amounts of dev time, and @MiesnerMan86 can elaborate on this later because I'm tired also lol
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727

Cons - Large amounts of dev time, and @MiesnerMan86 can elaborate on this later because I'm tired also lol

Well, WE could make the bunkers just like how players designed the dungeons we already raid daily.
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    more bunkers

piano bunkers.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Telescopes would be like unes of the space bunker, then there could be mechanical chests instead, and lastly a diorama...
    That starts a good base, there should be some kind of bunker that appears very, very, VERY, VERY,

VERY

rarely, which purely contains paintings in the 1+ onyx slot (from alpaca up)

Telescopes would be like unes of the space bunker, then there could be mechanical chests instead, and lastly a diorama...
    That starts a good base, there should be some kind of bunker that appears very, very, VERY, VERY,

VERY

rarely, which purely contains paintings in the 1+ onyx slot (from alpaca up)
    Yeah, you have the idea I was trying to go for. Statistic wise, telescopes have a 89% chance of spawning instead of the 10% for a smasharoid, and then there's 1% for the dio.

I'm not just talking about "space bunkers" either, what if there were airships in the sky? Maybe those could carry chromatic blocks and the airship in a bottle, with the une being a ship in a bottle or a ship wheel.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568
    We need this so bad.
    Four words. Spaceships with steam jets. There are so many cool things to do with steam jets, but theyre expensive!!
    good - more items, players come back, people are happy.

bad - prices change(ex: solar dio worth onyx or less) development time, lack of a "good find"

more specific: prices change when items get more/less rare. a notch is only worth that much because it is rare. lack of a "good find" - basically people go to worlds looking for popular items worth a lot. onyx is one, paint bunker is another... ect. if you make the prices of these items in the bunker go down. people will say "oh, its just ANOTHER solar dio..."

good - more items, players come back, people are happy.

bad - prices change(ex: solar dio worth onyx or less) development time, lack of a "good find"

more specific: prices change when items get more/less rare. a notch is only worth that much because it is rare. lack of a "good find" - basically people go to worlds looking for popular items worth a lot. onyx is one, paint bunker is another... ect. if you make the prices of these items in the bunker go down. people will say "oh, its just ANOTHER solar dio..."

Not true, Solars will probably be as hard to spawn, maybe a little bit easier, and that will mean that it may only go down a bit to 3, or perhaps 2 for a minimum... I don't think devs would do an action like this without making some other changes, perhaps removing dioramas from paint bunkers and making them exclusive to space bunkers to keep the price from going to deep
    This is what I had in mind for the space bunker.

IMG_0453.JPG
    1136 x 640 - 210K
    Well anyway, this would have to be gradual as not to crash the deepworld market. Solar dioramas arent the most important item, but they do hold a lot of value.
    We need this so bad.
    Shadow711 said:

What was that person looking at with the telescope...

Shadow711 said:

Uhhh.... maybe he was cleaning it.

Shadow711 said:

Perhaps he had a window there where he watched his neighbour's daughter

Shadow711 said:

Perfect.

Shadow711 said:

Sounds like Creeps lmao.
    Shadow711 said:

I think turrets and spikes would be a nice addition, but that is a great bunker in my opinion

Shadow711 said:

Sounds like Creeps lmao.
    Shadow711 said:

I think turrets and spikes would be a nice addition, but that is a great bunker in my opinion
    Oh yeah, forgot about those things.
    My attempt at making a jungle-like bunker
    IMG_1779.PNG
    1334 x 750 - 2M

My attempt at making a jungle-like bunker

I like it. Reminds me of those jungle temples you find in minecraft... but there's no way at all to make it look more "overgrown"?
    We need this so bad.
    Two words... Flower vaults! They could hold specialty flowers or bulbs like a Spud (a potato with a face), a Golden Rose, or some type of tree! The defenses in this one are a flame turret and one of those fire-shooting stalagmites in Hell worlds
    IMG_4041.JPG
    1136 x 640 - 177K

Two words... Flower vaults! They could hold specialty flowers or bulbs like a Spud (a potato with a face), a Golden Rose, or some type of tree! The defenses in this one are a flame turret and one of those fire-shooting stalagmites in Hell worlds

I like the simplicity in this.
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Over the hills.Member Posts: 7
    Good idea and plausible. Perhaps 1/100-200 worlds there would be a marble safehouse riddled with androids and defenses. And brains. Lots of brains. Ex. You have to run through a 2 high corridor where you open up trapdoors behind you with brains in them. There's protectors and multiple loot chests in them. Ex. Red, Mech, and Purifier/Recycler. Like a giant dungeon, just more complex and harder to traverse alone.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Something that isn't more dungeons. I mean it doesn't even need chests. Just some more... substance, really.
    p1nkbr0 said:

Something that isn't more dungeons. I mean it doesn't even need chests. Just some more... substance, really.

Well said. We just need more items laying around. It gives a better sense of exploring the unknown, and abusing level 15 perception....
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedMember Posts: 702
    Bad idea. No, just no.
    so basically 90 percent of the dirt will be replaced with even more bunkers
    We need this so bad.

Did someone say Trove?

Just because a game could have 100+ bunkers doesn't mean that they all spawn more than once... or at all.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 447

Did someone say Trove?
    No, but we said 90% of the dirt will be replaced with more bunkers. Most of which probably have nothing of true value. But you did say Trove so...