Ignore.

ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029
Sorry. It was a stupid idea anyways.
Post edited by ZstormGames on

Comments

• The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    Oohhhh, I like it! Why wasn't this thought of sooner?
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029

Oohhhh, I like it! Why wasn't this thought of sooner?

Not exactly sure! Any donations would be seriously appreciated though due to the price tag on the weapons.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541
    Wait so someone already wants to make them? Why should we pay for it if youre gonna keep it for yourself...
  • DraculDracul MalkuthMember Posts: 1,526
    edited August 14
    Shadow711 said:

Debator said:

Wait so someone already wants to make them? Why should we pay for it if youre gonna keep it for yourself...

It's called a gofundme page, not a Walmart catalog. You need to stop being so negative all the time..
    Hold on, lets not blanket everything debator says as negative. There is kind of a point. This gofundme is on here essentially for people to buy ZStorm stuff. Nowhere does it say anything otherwise. If this were done with the intention of say sending it to Bytebin/Mike as a token of appreciation then it'd make better sense. Right now it just comes off as "Help me get money to commission this thing for myself"

True that it's gofundme and not walmart but stuff like this is precisely why kickstarter and gofundme get so much criticism tbh
    Dracul said:

Shadow711 said:

Debator said:

It's called a gofundme page, not a Walmart catalog. You need to stop being so negative all the time..
    Hold on, lets not blanket everything debator says as negative. There is kind of a point. This gofundme is on here essentially for people to buy ZStorm stuff. Nowhere does it say anything otherwise. If this were done with the intention of say sending it to Bytebin/Mike as a token of appreciation then it'd make better sense. Right now it just comes off as "Help me get money to commission this thing for myself"

True that it's gofundme and not walmart but stuff like this is precisely why kickstarter and gofundme get so much criticism tbh
    It's not the idea he states that's negative, but instead the way he states it. Anybody can act like this, but it takes more self-control to not - which I'm starting to believe he's lacking.

Dracul said:

Shadow711 said:

Debator said:

It's not the idea he states that's negative, but instead the way he states it. Anybody can act like this, but it takes more self-control to not - which I'm starting to believe he's lacking.
    Saying I dont have self control because I prefer harsher criticism is kinda childish.
    A go fund me or kickstarter are ment for people with ideas that they need investments for, or for people who need help (for me at least)
    What i can make out of this gofundme page is that zstorm already found someone willing to make it (so he doesnt need money to find it) and he isnt gonna give it to the devs (so he keeps it himself)

I just find it fishy. Not being optimistic doesnt mean im negative, I just dont trust everyone instantly
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280
    On one side, he's just asking, not forcing, if you don't want to donate, just don't.. and it would be pretty funny, although I don't think it's worth its cost to make a Deepworld gun for $400 just for show, it's his choice to do it, and your choice to donate.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 420
    @ZstormGames I think your getting ripped off hard. I mean 400$ FOR 1 GUN! And theres already donations...
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029

@ZstormGames I think your getting ripped off hard. I mean 400$ FOR 1 GUN! And theres already donations...

There has been no donations yet. And for a full replica of one of the guns? A big replica with lights and sound and everything i dont think $400 is too crazy bad.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 643

There has been no donations yet. And for a full replica of one of the guns? A big replica with lights and sound and everything i dont think $400 is too crazy bad.
    Well... they don't have to make the gun super uncomfortable and heavy like how it seems in the game.
    Shadow711 said:

Well... they don't have to make the gun super uncomfortable and heavy like how it seems in the game.
    A replica of the portal gun from portal, which was mass manufactured, costs over 300 dollars. A custom made replica for 400 dollars isnt that bad

But @ZstormGames shouldnt you adress what youre gonna do with the gun
    ?

Debator said:

Shadow711 said:

A replica of the portal gun from portal, which was mass manufactured, costs over 300 dollars. A custom made replica for 400 dollars isnt that bad

But @ZstormGames shouldnt you adress what youre gonna do with the gun
    ?
    You are very right, I should address what I plan on doing with the gun, and temporarily I was going to use it as a prop for future deepworld videos for youtube, but depending on how the game goes and if the developers are still somewhere out there listening to us, I would love to gift it to them to show our appreciation for the game!
    . . . And this, folks, is what we wanted to hear!
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    -gets some popcorn-
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,093
    SO GoFundMe is totally for people to ask for donations to buy themselves things. I'm not sure why there is any expectation otherwise.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 405
    @Jacky pass the popcorn please
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    lisa said:

SO GoFundMe is totally for people to ask for donations to buy themselves things. I'm not sure why there is any expectation otherwise.

-gasp- Lisa did a 4-day necro? This is getting interesting... -steals popcorn-

lisa said:

@lisa please refer from bumping, if you don't know what that is, it is commenting on old posts to bring them back up, if you continue to do this, you may be warned by @lisa , jailed, or even banned... have a nice day :)
    The word is refrain lol
    Debator said:

lisa said:

@lisa please refer from bumping, if you don't know what that is, it is commenting on old posts to bring them back up, if you continue to do this, you may be warned by @lisa , jailed, or even banned... have a nice day :)
    The word is refrain lol
    Talk to auto correct not me lol
  • JackyJacky Somewhere in your house, eating your cookies......Member Posts: 82
    Retta said:

@Jacky pass the popcorn please

Okay -gives popcorn-
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 643

Awww.... I was looking forward to a cool futuristic steampunk electricity-flame thrower!
    Geez, say that five times fast.
    Shadow711 said:

Awww.... I was looking forward to a cool futuristic steampunk electricity-flame thrower!
    Geez, say that five times fast.
    I got tripped up just reading it mentally
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 630

No no! It wasn't stupid at all, if anything it was awesome!
    vmh20 said:

No no! It wasn't stupid at all, if anything it was awesome!
    If I had the money - or any large amount of money at all lol - I definitely would've put at least a small portion of it towards this
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 719
    I ain't bumping nothing.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394

I ain't bumping nothing.

Same
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Farming Collisionless MobsMember Posts: 329
    Inception said:

I ain't bumping nothing.

Same
    Same
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    TealHyena said:

Inception said:

I ain't bumping nothing.

Same
    Same
    Uh...same?