Is it normal to have 10 worlds and no onyx was found in any?

JaceTDJaceTD Your BasementMember Posts: 55
Is it normal that no onyx was found or is it just extremely unlikely and unlucky?

Comments

• IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568
    You should search the worlds to 100%, because it could literally be anywhere
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 299
    Depends. What kind of Biomes were all of these worlds?
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369

You should search the worlds to 100%, because it could literally be anywhere

Even if you do, you may still miss a few between-block stuff, a person should put an organized searching order, from up to down, right 20 blocks, down to up, etc...

Either that, or clear the worlds from all blocks... if you do that, you may actually have 9 onyx in your inventory
  • JsaycoolJsaycool It's High NoonMember Posts: 120
    JaceTD said:

Is it normal that no onyx was found or is it just extremely unlikely and unlucky?

Probably you missing some spots like @_Brainstorm_ said.
  • JeanieJeanie FacebookMember Posts: 86
    I have seven worlds, searched 100%, and only found one onyx in one of the worlds.
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Eating alpaca jerkyMember Posts: 568
    What size and what biome?
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,818
    I had 7 worlds of which only 2 had onyx in them.
    It's rare. It happens.
  • JaceTDJaceTD Your BasementMember Posts: 55

Most were regular biomes and regular size
  • JaceTDJaceTD Your BasementMember Posts: 55
    Most of the worlds are significantly searched but..
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 439
    @JaceTD I have a mini I didn't find any in until I was removing all the earth and stumbled on one
    JaceTD said:

Most were regular biomes and regular size
    Add me to all of them, I'll search through them in my spare time
  • JeanieJeanie FacebookMember Posts: 86
    My reg. Worlds, that's three, had none. It was in a mini that I found the onyx.
    Once again, even if a world is 100% explored, you can miss the onyx, the only solution is to either dig 20m apart tunnels from down to up, or to clear the world.
    Jeanie said:

Multarix said:

It's rare. It happens.

Jeanie said:

I have seven worlds, searched 100%, and only found one onyx in one of the worlds.

Once again, even if a world is 100% explored, you can miss the onyx, the only solution is to either dig 20m apart tunnels from down to up, or to clear the world.

Jeanie said:

Multarix said:

It's rare. It happens.

Jeanie said:

Either that or the simple answer: you added a friend and they never told/lied to you about it
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 2,818

Jeanie said:

Multarix said:

It's rare. It happens.

Jeanie said:

I always explored worlds by digging straight lines, 18 blocks apart, with perception 15. Onyx doesn't spawn in every single world.
    Multarix said:

Jeanie said:

Multarix said:

It's rare. It happens.

Jeanie said:

I always explored worlds by digging straight lines, 18 blocks apart, with perception 15. Onyx doesn't spawn in every single world.
    It doesn't spawn in every world, but it will not not spawn at least once in 3 or 4 worlds
    Thats a great idea except when you realise that if thats the case, it's very possible for you to buy a world and each time it doesn't have any onyx in

Multarix said:

Jeanie said:

Multarix said:

It's rare. It happens.

Jeanie said:

It doesn't spawn in every world, but it will not not spawn at least once in 3 or 4 worlds
    Sources? Personally I've never heard of this happening 3 times in a row (or even twice for that matter) within a REG biome. (Now artics, Deserts, etc., I have tho)
    Multarix said:

Thats a great idea except when you realise that if thats the case, it's very possible for you to buy a world and each time it doesn't have any onyx in

Guess I better just pray the paint bunkers a leap to make up for it then :wink: