Deepworld Comeback

DaltsDalts ParadiceMember Posts: 449
Remember back when we had building competitions hosted by the devs and everyone is pretty hyped for it? There were hundreds of entry that they have to make 3 worlds to contain that much player! Ah... miss the days with crowded people having tons of fun building WHILE chatting! You could visit hundreds of build by people with different kind of building design techniques and enjoy the beauty of the tiny and huge types of building style!

Anyways, the main point of it is just to please the devs for some more competitions on the future? Not just only building but maybe some different
kinds of fun competitions. @laurence , if you do see this, any chance making it happen? Thanks for your time! Still rocking Deepworld as always! Make Deepworld live again!

Comments

• mofc1991mofc1991 Member Posts: 269
    Mofc1991 Was here
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,280
    Deepworld, come back.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    Had posted this in Idea Threads a few times, it's a good idea.

And I agree, another style of competition, Like a PvP competition or another competition based off one of the current DW minigames, would be interesting. These comps almost always bring at least a few players back also, so it's a win-win.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    Purge Competition to kill the most players in the span of a week.
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and aliveMember Posts: 2,797
    edited August 30
    Social butterfly competition, have the most people add you as a friend/ follow you - existing friends do not count and having people unfollow and refollow does not count either
    inb4 a 30 person tie
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,108
    Yep, if a building competition was announced, I'd drop my stuff and start working on an entry. But it seems so very unlikely, as the last one was years ago, and the the pixel art comp results never got announced. At this point, I think it's safe to say that deepworld is losing its charm and it's old player base.. I'm still hoping Mike will swoop in and save the day.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 643
    FlynnXD said:

Yep, if a building competition was announced, I'd drop my stuff and start working on an entry. But it seems so very unlikely, as the last one was years ago, and the the pixel art comp results never got announced. At this point, I think it's safe to say that deepworld is losing its charm and it's old player base.. I'm still hoping Mike will swoop in and save the day.

Speaking of which, did you ever get your butterfly lamp? Or was that the pixel art results... Im not sure anymore.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,676
    edited August 31
    Still waiting for the pixel art results
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 886

Still waiting for the pixel art results

Ditto.
  • DaltsDalts ParadiceMember Posts: 449
    Is the devs even checking on the forums still...
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,108
    Shadow711 said:

FlynnXD said:

Speaking of which, did you ever get your butterfly lamp? Or was that the pixel art results... Im not sure anymore.
    No I don't think I received the prize. But really, it's been so long that I don't remember much.
  • DaltsDalts ParadiceMember Posts: 449
    Today, 10 players are online in Deepworld. Clap clap
  • IronManArcherIronManArcher Be a violinist, not a violenceistMember Posts: 396
    Dalts said:

What about Times, private worlds, random public worlds, and other popular landmarks?
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 420
    edited September 7

Dalts said:

What about Times, private worlds, random public worlds, and other popular landmarks?
    50 max. Thats not alot. Used to be 200
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 719
    Dominus was here.
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,029
    Zstorm was here woot woot
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406
    edited September 11
    Zeta was here. Be afraid.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 643
    "Shad with a period" was here.

Dalts said:

More on it than a PS2 server does now. That makes us more popular than a best-selling gaming console hehe.

And .Rogue. Was here. I ate all the Tacos on my way out though, sorry yall :sweat_smile:
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 406

Dalts said:

More on it than a PS2 server does now. That makes us more popular than a best-selling gaming console hehe.

And .Rogue. Was here. I ate all the Tacos on my way out though, sorry yall :sweat_smile:
    Well PS2 public servers are mostly not even open. Also some servers are more popular than us. By a LOT.

Dalts said:

Well PS2 public servers are mostly not even open. Also some servers are more popular than us. By a LOT.
    That's exactly why I stated that we're more popular than a PS2 server smh...

And let's admit it, almost all servers are more popular than us