I miss you, Deepworld

TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 389
Recently Times have been dark here in the deepworld community. I honestly haven't seen a developer in ages. Someone will probably come prove me wrong, and say they have seen a developer or moderator just a few days ago. That's not my point. I understand that people have lives and jobs. Those lives and jobs should come first. But if you make a commitment to develop/moderate a game, don't leave it to decay. Don't make empty promises about updates, interviews, or anything else. This game needs a strong team to bring it back from the brink of crash. I believe it's possible to bring it back. I love deepworld and will always be there until it goes down.
I used to be all for the developers and mods of deepworld. I now realize that I've been to lenient in judging. I am dissapointed to see the game like this, a game I have invested much time and effort into. And I'm not about to let it slip away without saying something.
If you (devs/mods) wanted to take a break... sure. But at least let us know. I, for one, feel quite abandoned.

Comments

• AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 447
    TealHyena said:

Recently Times have been dark here in the deepworld community. I honestly haven't seen a developer in ages. Someone will probably come prove me wrong, and say they have seen a developer or moderator just a few days ago. That's not my point. I understand that people have lives and jobs. Those lives and jobs should come first. But if you make a commitment to develop/moderate a game, don't leave it to decay. Don't make empty promises about updates, interviews, or anything else. This game needs a strong team to bring it back from the brink of crash. I believe it's possible to bring it back. I love deepworld and will always be there until it goes down.
    I used to be all for the developers and mods of deepworld. I now realize that I've been to lenient in judging. I am dissapointed to see the game like this, a game I have invested much time and effort into. And I'm not about to let it slip away without saying something.
    If you (devs/mods) wanted to take a break... sure. But at least let us know. I, for one, feel quite abandoned.

I, for second feel quite abandoned. Many tout otherwise saying "Oh, it's not dead" or "it's coming back to life" or something else. As if as a coping mechanism they simply put blinds over the eyes. And the player base alone cannot solve this problem contrary to what -some people- believe. I've been reviewing my "Mass Advertising" project to make it work and have concluded we are probably going to need the devs aid with that to make it work. Yet I haven't seen a dev for a little while either. But we're knee-deep in the final era of Deepworld and death is imminent if it hasn't already come. A sign would be nice. I too understand you can't place all your attention on one game, but regardless...things need to be done and soon. At this rate we won't see the future beyond 2018 or 2019, let alone 2020.
  • TealHyenaTealHyena Hallucination Peak Mob FarmMember Posts: 389
    Zacywacko said:

This should serve as a wake up call. Only one world actually popular, the rest barely have anyone, and most likely the people who are on a world alone won't even speak to you. And this is deepworld on a good day...

Sadly this is too true.
    edited September 3
    @lisa @mikelaurence @FRANK this should Serve as a wake up call. Are you going to pick up? Or just let it ring...
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,371
    edited September 3

TealHyena said:

I, for second feel quite abandoned. Many tout otherwise saying "Oh, it's not dead" or "it's coming back to life" or something else. As if as a coping mechanism they simply put blinds over the eyes. And the player base alone cannot solve this problem contrary to what -some people- believe. I've been reviewing my "Mass Advertising" project to make it work and have concluded we are probably going to need the devs aid with that to make it work. Yet I haven't seen a dev for a little while either. But we're knee-deep in the final era of Deepworld and death is imminent if it hasn't already come. A sign would be nice. I too understand you can't place all your attention on one game, but regardless...things need to be done and soon. At this rate we won't see the future beyond 2018 or 2019, let alone 2020.
    I, for third, completely agree with everything that has already been said above me. The game feels completely deserted and the forum, well, has seen better days too (though I have to admit that things are rather calm here as of late so that's good).

I really hope things will change, though I am starting to seriously doubt it. I do hope it ofcourse. I have so many great memories of this game and you people, it simply deserves better than it's current state, it really does.

I was worried that people would criticize this frank point of view. But someone needed to say it.
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 447
    Zacywacko said:

This should serve as a wake up call. Only one world actually popular, the rest barely have anyone, and most likely the people who are on a world alone won't even speak to you. And this is deepworld on a good day...

And it's been like this for how long these days?
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 299
    TealHyena said:

I was worried that people would criticize this frank point of view. But someone needed to say it.

Everything stated is absolutely true. I'm generally an optimist, especially when it comes to this game. But there's nothing optimistic about being left in the dust without warning, notification, or anything else. I mean the devs had time in the past to continually update this game at least Bianually. What changed??
    tjergoz said:

TealHyena said:

I, for third, completely agree with everything that has already been said above me. The game feels completely deserted and the forum, well, has seen better days too (though I have to admit that things are rather calm here as of late so that's good).

I really hope things will change, though I am starting to seriously doubt it. I do hope it ofcourse. I have so many great memories of this game and you people, it simply deserves better than it's current state, it really does.

One of the sayings that resounds through my head when going through this is "The calm before the storm". The storm could either wipe away the remnants of this game and these forums, or serve as a focal/interest point to turn people back towards it. No cause is truly lost until the last person for it is also lost, though. So who knows, this game might come back. But the odds are mounting against us and growing on the daily. If the Devs want their - Our - game saved, then something must go into effect on their side, as well as ours. This game is primarily community based, and this community loves this game. They need to Just give us a sign, a promise they know that they can keep. They can't give out on a game they created and expect anything less of the people you're giving out on. Personally (and I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us), I know that we miss them and acknowledge that they're busy with their other jobs, but if they are going to leave us, go on a hiatus, not update this game, or not release competition results, please just at least convey this to us.

If my old man could find an hour each day to talk and communicate to us, even though he worked 80-100 hours a week, why can't you do the same? Even if it's just for 5 minutes a day?
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,024

Zacywacko said:

And it's been like this for how long these days?
    Been like this since late July, unfortunately.

• RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 439
    edited September 4
    @Zacywacko one thing to remember when a world shows 9 ppl there may be more. 9 is the most it ever shows on the map. And I've seen a lot better days then that
    edited September 5
    Retta said:

@Zacywacko one thing to remember when a world shows 9 ppl there may be more. 9 is the most it ever shows on the map. And I've seen a lot better days then that

Then again, it usually shows worlds with a maximum of like 5 players. It's been a little bit better lately, but it's still a problem.

Edit: picture to display example

Post edited by Zacywacko on
    IMG_0854.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywhereMember Posts: 3,369
    Also note that Times Square never appears on the popular tab, while it usually have much more than 9 people

Also note that Times Square never appears on the popular tab, while it usually have much more than 9 people

I wonder why they did that. Even counting times, most days we're barely over 50. I can verify it too, thanks to that handy little tool @Everywhen made.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 450
    edited September 5

I wonder why they did that. Even counting times, most days we're barely over 50. I can verify it too, thanks to that handy little tool @Everywhen made.
    Rlly? for me the max was 30 for me or else I couldnt get in lol
    20 people online right now, that's pretty ouch.
    IMG_0857.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 278K
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,225

Rlly? for me the max was 30 for me or else I couldnt get in lol
    he's talking about the total players in all worlds, not just in one world.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,114
    I wish market converters were never released. I mean, I understand that it was a good revenue source for the devs considering its high price. But, I miss those beautiful days in North Market, more peaceful than the chaotic and bomb filled Times Square. How I long to relive those days. Now north market and the other three original markets lie in the dust, and tbh so do most of the custom bought trade worlds by players. Literally only a few of them thrive, and most importantly times square. Even that is dying out. It's sad to see deepworld in such a state..
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727
    FlynnXD said:

I wish market converters were never released. I mean, I understand that it was a good revenue source for the devs considering its high price. But, I miss those beautiful days in North Market, more peaceful than the chaotic and bomb filled Times Square. How I long to relive those days. Now north market and the other three original markets lie in the dust, and tbh so do most of the custom bought trade worlds by players. Literally only a few of them thrive, and most importantly times square. Even that is dying out. It's sad to see deepworld in such a state..

Agreed. It all went downhill after that.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559
    I doubt that world converters killed the game, or big trade worlds. The only active trade woeld is times square, so to say world converters killed the game is illogical if you see the most popular worlds are trade worlds

Also ironic that stating this 1 month ago would be called "unloyal" but is the status quo now
    Things change fast
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 727
    Debator said:

I doubt that world converters killed the game, or big trade worlds. The only active trade woeld is times square, so to say world converters killed the game is illogical if you see the most popular worlds are trade worlds

Also ironic that stating this 1 month ago would be called "unloyal" but is the status quo now
    Things change fast

And this is where this thread turns into a madhouse.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,114
    edited September 8
    Debator said:

Things change fast

Didn't say it killed the game. Just removed a fun aspect of it.
    What I'm saying is that, earlier the traders were split into only five worlds, mostly in times and north, and these days north is soo abandoned cause the traders are all diluted over countless player made worlds, and Times Square because I think the tutorial portal brings then to times by default. Honestly speaking, these days, excepting Times Square, the other original markets are pretty much ded, and the player made ones don't really have the same charismatic feature of being a hub world/ hang out area for people as it was earlier. I mean, now I only see few people going to a market, trading one item, and leaving; like usually only 3-4 people max in a player made market which isn't like it used to be back then, in North and times, there were like 20+ people and markets served as a hub and a trade center, alongside times Square, which let us escape the chaotic and annoying behaviors by newbies, as well as gave us premium members a "perk" of sorts. Either ways, that post of mine was not to put the entirety of deepworld's declination onto this one implementation, but I don't think we can deny that it did affect a dynamic of the game quite Impactfully, either in a good way or a bad way, is something we decide.
    FlynnXD said:

Debator said:

Things change fast

What I'm saying is that, earlier the traders were split into only five worlds, mostly in times and north, and these days north is soo abandoned cause the traders are all diluted over countless player made worlds, and Times Square because I think the tutorial portal brings then to times by default. Honestly speaking, these days, excepting Times Square, the other original markets are pretty much ded, and the player made ones don't really have the same charismatic feature of being a hub world/ hang out area for people as it was earlier. I mean, now I only see few people going to a market, trading one item, and leaving; like usually only 3-4 people max in a player made market which isn't like it used to be back then, in North and times, there were like 20+ people and markets served as a hub and a trade center, alongside times Square, which let us escape the chaotic and annoying behaviors by newbies, as well as gave us premium members a "perk" of sorts. Either ways, that post of mine was not to put the entirety of deepworld's declination onto this one implementation, but I don't think we can deny that it did affect a dynamic of the game quite Impactfully, either in a good way or a bad way, is something we decide.
    I didn't feel like reading this entire book ya wrote, but to add on because I skimmed:

When you only have 5 Market worlds, it increases the amount of players per world, items being traded, and numerous other things. I think of DW of having its own little GDP believe it or not, and when there's less items wanted, being traded around, or less people to trade with, the game GDP goes down and down and down. This also goes for conversations between players, leading to a better and more fun atmosphere. A lot of the pros have quit, leaving behind literally thousands of onyx in rares and other items that could've been traded, or just passed along to the young guns. But nope.

So basically, sure this means more revenue for the Devs, but a less condense player amount in worlds. Which makes players feel more alone, and have less people to talk to. So they get bored. And what you do when your bored? Welp, the onyx count just went up another 20.

One last thing: how often do you actually find one person with just that ONE thing you needed and had to have? How often do you find a person selling a notch now? Almost never, at least for me.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 559

FlynnXD said:

Debator said:

Things change fast

I didn't feel like reading this entire book ya wrote, but to add on because I skimmed:

When you only have 5 Market worlds, it increases the amount of players per world, items being traded, and numerous other things. I think of DW of having its own little GDP believe it or not, and when there's less items wanted, being traded around, or less people to trade with, the game GDP goes down and down and down. This also goes for conversations between players, leading to a better and more fun atmosphere. A lot of the pros have quit, leaving behind literally thousands of onyx in rares and other items that could've been traded, or just passed along to the young guns. But nope.

So basically, sure this means more revenue for the Devs, but a less condense player amount in worlds. Which makes players feel more alone, and have less people to talk to. So they get bored. And what you do when your bored? Welp, the onyx count just went up another 20.

One last thing: how often do you actually find one person with just that ONE thing you needed and had to have? How often do you find a person selling a notch now? Almost never, at least for me.
    I get what you guy are coming from, but the market worlds on their own dilluted the player base by not being able to trade whereeber they want. New worlds used to have little trade hubs before dying out.

I think it wasnt thr converters, but markets om their own
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,707
    edited September 8
    Rip deepworld.
    Cause of death:
    Lack of updates,
    Bad decisions,
    Useless content,
    False promises.
    Debator said:

FlynnXD said:

Debator said:

Things change fast

I get what you guy are coming from, but the market worlds on their own dilluted the player base by not being able to trade whereeber they want. New worlds used to have little trade hubs before dying out.

I miss those days not going to lie, and your right in a way. But I personally think that converters diluted then even more

Debator said:

FlynnXD said:

Debator said:

Things change fast

I miss those days not going to lie, and your right in a way. But I personally think that converters diluted then even more
    Woah. We had a nice discussion and nobody insulted anyone. Good job. :lol:
    TealHyena said:

Debator said:

FlynnXD said:

Debator said:

Things change fast

Woah. We had a nice discussion and nobody insulted anyone. Good job. :lol:
    Woah. This is possible? A polite convo?!
    Anyways if you ask me markets as a whole weren't the BEST of ideas, but it gave 5 hubs that we actually could support at the time thanks to the fact we had enough players. And as said, market converters were just the final nail.