Enough is Enough.

2

Comments

  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 443
    Inception said:

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
    By all means, of course they can do what they want. They just shouldn't be altogether surprised when I decide to stop buying crowns until I hear something more concrete, is all. And that certainly doesn't do their game any good.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394

    Inception said:

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
    By all means, of course they can do what they want. They just shouldn't be altogether surprised when I decide to stop buying crowns until I hear something more concrete, is all. And that certainly doesn't do their game any good.
    Yes and I'm sure they expect the consequence of making that decision but it may be a calculated risk for somthing bigger. Just tired of seeing all the hate and people thinking they are entitled. If people really hate the game enough to sit around and trash talk it, then leave we don't need your negativity. Like somebody eating a candy bar while saying how terrible it is right before each bite. STOP EATING THE CANDY BAR
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541
    Inception said:

    Inception said:

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
    By all means, of course they can do what they want. They just shouldn't be altogether surprised when I decide to stop buying crowns until I hear something more concrete, is all. And that certainly doesn't do their game any good.
    Yes and I'm sure they expect the consequence of making that decision but it may be a calculated risk for somthing bigger. Just tired of seeing all the hate and people thinking they are entitled. If people really hate the game enough to sit around and trash talk it, then leave we don't need your negativity. Like somebody eating a candy bar while saying how terrible it is right before each bite. STOP EATING THE CANDY BAR
    Except the cancy bar used to be refilled regularly with new flavors, and we have been eating the same kind for 1.5 year now.

    Not all criticism is negativity thats useless. While @FreshX can be harsh, I dont think its statement was that bad
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaMember Posts: 422

    Shadow711 said:

    Well, think of it this way. The devs make a new successful game, and get more money to upgrade both. The only reason they aren't updating is because they can't waste too much money.

    If the next game becomes successful, I doubt they would return to this dead game
    If ever they release it dough. Soon.
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    Inception said:

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
    Isn't exactly fair that the Devs havent been present forever, or that I'm more loyal to a game that they made. Of course the answer may be no. But if they'd like to take the smart route, the routine "soon" won't work. You can't have a great player base, when the players have no basis as to what your going to do. Although I wish it could, It just can't happen.
    Debator said:

    Inception said:

    Inception said:

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    It's more than fair to ask for information but he is demanding it which isn't fair. But understand that anytime you ask the answer can be no. Sure it's not what you prefer but it's somthing they have the right to do
    By all means, of course they can do what they want. They just shouldn't be altogether surprised when I decide to stop buying crowns until I hear something more concrete, is all. And that certainly doesn't do their game any good.
    Yes and I'm sure they expect the consequence of making that decision but it may be a calculated risk for somthing bigger. Just tired of seeing all the hate and people thinking they are entitled. If people really hate the game enough to sit around and trash talk it, then leave we don't need your negativity. Like somebody eating a candy bar while saying how terrible it is right before each bite. STOP EATING THE CANDY BAR
    Except the cancy bar used to be refilled regularly with new flavors, and we have been eating the same kind for 1.5 year now.

    Not all criticism is negativity thats useless. While @FreshX can be harsh, I dont think its statement was that bad
    "Its" lmao.

    But anyways, not all critism has to contain tons of negativity either. If you want to talk about "Enough is Enough", then enough of the truly demeaning and downright rude comments. Enough of these repetitive posts about how this games in a state of decay. And above all else, Enough of arguing over the simplest, dumbest things.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    I still think we could turn it around with the advertising methods I mentioned. My town actually has no hobos so that's out the door for me
  • AlphastormAlphastorm Somewhere in space. Watching...always watching. Waiting for the perfect time to strike.Member Posts: 407

    Shadow711 said:

    Well, think of it this way. The devs make a new successful game, and get more money to upgrade both. The only reason they aren't updating is because they can't waste too much money.

    If the next game becomes successful, I doubt they would return to this dead game
    Yeh your right, they'd just up and leave basically their most successful game to date if they became successful with another. Because I know if I spent years developing a game, I'd totally ditch it when I finally get the revenue to rebuild it, even a small bit.

    And instead of bashing the Devs heads in for these things, give yourself a pat on the back also. Because I personally know a few players within these forums and game that have made quite a few people quit because of their antics and demeaning comments.
    Quite a few games have been shut down for exactly that reason, small groups to large companies. I'd know. I've seen it happen to many of my favorite games before - hell! The reason I migrated to this game was because one of my longtime favorites shut down.
  • Shadow711Shadow711 Wherever the wind takes meMember Posts: 652
    edited September 14

    Shadow711 said:

    Well, think of it this way. The devs make a new successful game, and get more money to upgrade both. The only reason they aren't updating is because they can't waste too much money.

    If the next game becomes successful, I doubt they would return to this dead game
    Yeh your right, they'd just up and leave basically their most successful game to date if they became successful with another. Because I know if I spent years developing a game, I'd totally ditch it when I finally get the revenue to rebuild it, even a small bit.

    And instead of bashing the Devs heads in for these things, give yourself a pat on the back also. Because I personally know a few players within these forums and game that have made quite a few people quit because of their antics and demeaning comments.
    Quite a few games have been shut down for exactly that reason, small groups to large companies. I'd know. I've seen it happen to many of my favorite games before - hell! The reason I migrated to this game was because one of my longtime favorites shut down.
    Glitch, wasn't it?
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 407
    Has anyone thought that with all the criticism of the devs that they might say fine! KMA! Ungrateful little snots! Try being nice and supportive once in awhile. They do have regular jobs and probably spend a lot of their free time on DW.
  • MemesAndExtremesMemesAndExtremes Member Posts: 33
    Inception said:

    FreshX said:

    lisa said:

    FreshX said:

    FlynnXD said:

    I don't know really. In my opinion, these guys, Mike and the team made a beautiful game which lived a great term and brought joy to a lot of us, making memories forever in our hearts. It was a great game, and no denying it is fizzling out rapidly now. But then, what I'm feeling is that, is it even our place to say such rude and harsh words to the developers? I mean, there's this activity post which is quite rude, and then there's this post which shames them too. Is this all really necessary, is my doubt. I mean, fine, getting to the roots of this, behind the layers of rudeness lies the fact that we players dearly love the game and want it to grow more, but outwardly it looks quite horrid. Like, realistically speaking, the only reason why we're playing this is because we don't have the caliber or resources to make such a game ourselves, and there's a person out there making it and hasn't updated for ages, and we decide to demean and shame him by such posts. I mean, let's look at it from his shoes maybe, the team was small, and is smaller now, and obviously the income generated through this game isn't enough for them, due to which they took up actual jobs irl and kept this as a side project, and still managed to push out some updates like the butterfly and fossils (that was long back ik). It's also true that a lot of things were promised yet not fulfilled, but then in the end of the day, it's their game and their wish to continue it or move on really. I mean, we aren't at that extreme point of the game shutting down, so honestly there isn't much to complain about what you've spent on the game since it's still up. But truly, I too am disappointed at the lack of updates and wish to see this game get the bigger updates, but then recently these mob bugs and stuff sprung out, which I'm sure was as annoying for them to fix, as it was for us to play with. And if you did read Mike's post in the other thread, he said that the fire fizzled out a bit and honestly that's reasonable cause they've been working on quite a good MMO with very limited staff, and he created a new game to have a change of mind and renew the spirit to go on. Of course, this update he gave us totally changes the dynamic of the situation, considering that he mentioned fixing the bugs here would still be a "maybe", but honestly at this point, I'm just glad that I got to experience such a beautiful game and although things aren't going too well, I'm hoping Mike and the others will push it through and get this back running, because I can very well understand the lack of enthusiasm to update this game, it probably got a hit monotonous indeed. But either ways, if they do silently withdraw working on this, I'll still be following bytebin on their new game and any more games in the future, because they proved their potential through deepworld, and as sad as it may be to see it go, if that's how it's gonna be, I'm just really thankful for this game for having created numerous links of friendships that I cherish and value to this day.

    FlynnXD said:

    Sorry for double posting, but that post was already big enough lol. It's quite a big read and probably a lot of you didn't read it anyways, just wanted to tell that it just feels bad to see such harsh words being said to the devs. I mean, "Enough is enough" sounds more like a threat from an employer than a suggestion from a community member. Sure, things may have been driven to the extent that we're all pissed off, but this isn't what we should do maybe. I think what's actually necessary at this point, is a proper communication between the team and the community. Maybe a live stream like earlier, discussing the current state of matters, future plans and whatnot. This could possibly resolve a lot of issues..

    I don't want to call it tough love or being harsh. It's sort of in the middle. If you think about it, a lot of players have been nice for a long time with the threads they have made. But after a while when you still get ignored and still nothing happens, it's not worth trying to be nice anymore. I know where you're coming from because it happened to me all the time. I am a nice guy, no doubt, but this stuff always happened. For example, I emailed TapJoy before May or June last year and didn't get any response until September of last year. I was nice at first, but after a while of the BS I had to start being aggressive and it made then listen. I have the same problem with GameStop as well. What I'm trying to say is all of our messages have been sent and we have gotten stupid responses and a lot of people are tired of it. So I am standing up and spreading the message. I don't care how I display it because lots of us have been too nice for too long. You could take it as constructive criticism, tough love, being harsh, I don't care. But actually use this feedback and understand how we have been feeling. It isn't fun.
    I'd be interested to hear what you consider "stupid answers". I can't take much personal in regards to creating and changing and updating the game. That's not my area. When you start saying you receive stupid answers to messages that you have sent I am going to call you out on it. I take a lot of time to help anywhere that I can. No answers I have given, except to this one guy on facebook but that's because he is really weird, are as helpful as they can be.
    I understand you do not develop anything in the game, but I still want you and whoever else to see it.

    So there are also stupid things done that I should have included in my last post. One thing is how much the community seems to be ignored. Whether from admins, developers, whoever. I understand everyone here works three jobs but it doesn't mean that we should be ignored. We can barely see Mike once a season. How about once a week, at least? So we know he's still there and not off making dub step music. His most recent comment, which was the announcement of the new game, now that's a stupid answer. And it's an answer because there have been comments from players I've seen that ask where the team is, and he is apart of the Bytebin team. Anyways, I cannot understand how Bytebin will handle another game when Deepworld is currently a mess. With all the bugs, glitches, this and that, it's so ridiculous. So here's a big question, is Deepworld being shut down? Will this game be forgotten and moved on from? Because if so, tell me now. I want to be prepared for all the BS that's going to come.

    Another stupid thing I want to point out is where the hell is Frank? I am not very fond of him, yeah I will say that. He makes Mike look more active here. I mean if another admin is going to be hired to help us, get on and help us. I agree that a bigger team is better but not when they are always disappearing for months.

    Look, Deepworld is a great game, no doubt, but it has lots of work to be done to it and all the developers are focused on is figuring out how to make the new game. It has caused lots of controversy. I will not be satisfied with Bytebin until I see a complete layout of what's going to happen with the future of this and the new game. As much as I respect everyone on the team, it is very shaky.
    Lol he wants a complete layout of what they are gonna do. What makes you so entitled. You aren't their boss
    Mate we're the consumer shouldnt we have a say in all this
  • MemesAndExtremesMemesAndExtremes Member Posts: 33
    edited September 15
    Retta said:

    Has anyone thought that with all the criticism of the devs that they might say fine! KMA! Ungrateful little snots! Try being nice and supportive once in awhile. They do have regular jobs and probably spend a lot of their free time on DW.

    I don't see much improvement there. I understand they have full time jobs but all I see is a bunch of drawings of things we could only pray could be in the game and weekly onyx worlds. There are only so many times that cheap player lure tactic could work before it gets dry. I have hopped onto Times Square on my assumed rush hour times and I see it being desolated. Literally only 2-5 people. I miss the old Deepworld that I played with my cousins that welcomed us with open arms rather than the one now that is just empty.
    @Retta
  • MemesAndExtremesMemesAndExtremes Member Posts: 33
    edited September 15
    Retta said:

    Has anyone thought that with all the criticism of the devs that they might say fine! KMA! Ungrateful little snots! Try being nice and supportive once in awhile. They do have regular jobs and probably spend a lot of their free time on DW.

    Honestly, the Devs should also be grateful to us as well. We're the one giving money, but for what? The game to shut down and just sit there reconsidering the money and time wasted on the game? @Retta
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302
    edited September 15
    @Debator where you at?
    this your type of deal
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    We aren't entitled to any part of the game. They don't have to do anything we say and we shouldn't expect them to. If they do listen to us then hey that's cool but if they don't then that's what they are allowed to do since its their game. Deepworld isn't paying all of their bills so instead of focusing on deepworld they are probably focusing mostly on the things that actually pays for them to stay alive. Mike has already posted that he is working on some issues in his free time. You can't ask him to put off his life so you can have some new stuff on a video game.
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541
    edited September 15

    @Debator where you at?
    this your type of deal

    If yoou insist...
    Inception said:

    We aren't entitled to any part of the game. They don't have to do anything we say and we shouldn't expect them to. If they do listen to us then hey that's cool but if they don't then that's what they are allowed to do since its their game. Deepworld isn't paying all of their bills so instead of focusing on deepworld they are probably focusing mostly on the things that actually pays for them to stay alive. Mike has already posted that he is working on some issues in his free time. You can't ask him to put off his life so you can have some new stuff on a video game.

    While you think we arent entitled to updates, I personally think we do have the right to demand updates
    Mike has promised an android release twice a year. He also promised guild games, and tons more.
    Do not forget that we are at a point where costumer opinion is at the lowest it has been. I have not seen so many people be negative about deepworld (or I'm a huge trendsetter but that would make me seem bloated : 3 ) ever.

    Even if you look at the labour that is needed for turrets (the sprites are there, and so are the code for how turrets respond. It wont be that hard to make that mk3 turret at all (I can be wrong here, but in my experience wirh coding upgraded versions is that its mostly copy and paste)

    We demand not updates like some demand less taxes because he doesnt want to pay them, we demand updates like one would demand medication for its sick relative.

    Deepworld needs updates to live and this is the moment for them

    (No "if ur negative just leave" comments pls)

    Eta: why does the : 3 emoij change into yhe :3 one.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,678
    where is the multi-item trading system
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,347

    Um, some answers are needed. Maybe I'm not entitled to know the full picture. But I do buy crowns from time to time. I can choose to spend money on crowns in the next six months, or I can save it for other purposes. If I do choose to buy crowns, I'd like to know that deepworld will last longer than a year.

    I've been in a situation before where I was loyal to a game and the company that ran it kept trying to convince its fans that they weren't thinking of shutting it down, etc. etc. A bunch of people kept buying virtual currency believing in this company, which then promptly shut down and those people had spent money for things in a game they didn't even get a chance to use.

    I'm not trying to be negative here, or saying Bytebin is anything like that company, but transparency is a thing that's needed. I would love a weekly heads-up - even if nothing got updated. Tell us that. Don't leave us in that horrible situation where we lose trust.

    This deserves more agrees.

    Also, I am very, very sad that people are bashing the devs and admins in such a rude way. I agree with the core of what has been said, and it all comes down to transparancy, as @ChatotTheParrot said. I too think that the devs should be more open about what's going on, even if it's just one weekly message here or on social media, come on guys, don't be rude. The only thing you'll archieve with that is demotivating the devs even more.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    I'm just saying that there isn't a law anywhere saying they have to tell you what they are doing. If they choose to its a courtesy. People need to stop demanding somthing that is a privilege
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniverseMember Posts: 260
    FreshX said:

    I am sick and tired of how the developers and admins simply ignore everything that is wrong with this game. It is completely full of promises not made, very irritating bugs, and obnoxiousness. And now the devs want to make a second game? Well here's what I think.

    It is the stupidest thing I have ever seen Bytebin do.

    How the hell are you going to manage two damn games yet not own up to one game. Deepworld is a broken, unpopular game that cannot manage to even use their Twitter! Why do they one tweet once a season, huh? I have had it with this ignorance I have seen from Bytebin. It is the most idiotical thing that is happening with this company. If you really want to make another game, hire more staff! Get some sponsorships! The only thing that has been done is Mike Laurence's move to NYC. I haven't seen anything else that has caught my eye recently. That's how dull this game is. I'm more interested in a man I never met move into NYC. Seriously, that is sad.

    So in conclusion, this game is nothing, the next game is nothing, and every other game Bytebin makes is nothing because they can't control one damn game that they have had for over five years. Stop neglecting and fix it!

    I would also like EVERYONE who sees this thread to tag every developer and admin. I want to spread the message.

    @mikelaurence @jsonperl @lisa @FRANK

    This was... beautiful.





    Lol but in all seriousness, you couldn't have put it any better. I think that many people have figured this out and anyone who defends the devs because they 'have more important things to do', are morons. The devs need to get their act together and do something about this game before it dies faster than you can actually get a dev to reply to this thread.
    I'm almost 100% certain that everyone wants 1 well developed, exciting game rather than multiple crappy games with no content.
  • RettaRetta Basking in so cal sunshineMember Posts: 407
    @Vinh225 so I'm a moron? Do you have a life beyond DW? Or just school?
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersMember Posts: 541
    Retta said:

    @Vinh225 so I'm a moron? Do you have a life beyond DW? Or just school?

    Lets not get things personal. Thats not needed
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    Vinh225 said:

    FreshX said:

    I am sick and tired of how the developers and admins simply ignore everything that is wrong with this game. It is completely full of promises not made, very irritating bugs, and obnoxiousness. And now the devs want to make a second game? Well here's what I think.

    It is the stupidest thing I have ever seen Bytebin do.

    How the hell are you going to manage two damn games yet not own up to one game. Deepworld is a broken, unpopular game that cannot manage to even use their Twitter! Why do they one tweet once a season, huh? I have had it with this ignorance I have seen from Bytebin. It is the most idiotical thing that is happening with this company. If you really want to make another game, hire more staff! Get some sponsorships! The only thing that has been done is Mike Laurence's move to NYC. I haven't seen anything else that has caught my eye recently. That's how dull this game is. I'm more interested in a man I never met move into NYC. Seriously, that is sad.

    So in conclusion, this game is nothing, the next game is nothing, and every other game Bytebin makes is nothing because they can't control one damn game that they have had for over five years. Stop neglecting and fix it!

    I would also like EVERYONE who sees this thread to tag every developer and admin. I want to spread the message.

    @mikelaurence @jsonperl @lisa @FRANK

    This was... beautiful.





    Lol but in all seriousness, you couldn't have put it any better. I think that many people have figured this out and anyone who defends the devs because they 'have more important things to do', are morons. The devs need to get their act together and do something about this game before it dies faster than you can actually get a dev to reply to this thread.
    I'm almost 100% certain that everyone wants 1 well developed, exciting game rather than multiple crappy games with no content.
    You ain't gonna drop your life just because a bunch of kids are whining so don't expect them to
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    We all wish deepworld to be a thriving, popular game. We want the devs to devote their lives and being to make deepworld all we want it to be. But seriously, the devs and admins are human beings. They run a private business with absolutely no obligations to fufill to anyone. If they decide to shut down deepworld tomorrow, it's their choice and there is nothing you can do about it. I can see why people would be angry, but the devs have only given to the community, and it's sickening how players demand something from the devs like the devs owe something to the community. You are not a stockholder of Bytebin. You have not invested in Bytebin. Your crown purchases are meaningless to whether you have a say in the development of deepworld. The only responsibility a business should have to outsiders is to the shareholders of said business, and seeing how none of you are, be happy with what you have.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 443
    Before this thread degenerates:

    There are more than two camps in this thread. It's not just the 'positive and supportive' camp versus the 'negative and demanding'. I love deepworld. My apologies if it was too demanding to ask for a greater social media presence from some of our devs.

    You don't have to verbally attack people every time they ask for something. If they're posting on here, then clearly they love deepworld too and are probably anxious on the state of affairs. Just as everyone has different personalities, not everyone is able to have this pure sense of faith.

    Everyone has a life. We all spend it in different ways. Now I'm going to spend it on something constructive rather than waste it on this thread.
  • InceptionInception Hello Darling Member Posts: 394
    PIPTR0 said:

    We all wish deepworld to be a thriving, popular game. We want the devs to devote their lives and being to make deepworld all we want it to be. But seriously, the devs and admins are human beings. They run a private business with absolutely no obligations to fufill to anyone. If they decide to shut down deepworld tomorrow, it's their choice and there is nothing you can do about it. I can see why people would be angry, but the devs have only given to the community, and it's sickening how players demand something from the devs like the devs owe something to the community. You are not a stockholder of Bytebin. You have not invested in Bytebin. Your crown purchases are meaningless to whether you have a say in the development of deepworld. The only responsibility a business should have to outsiders is to the shareholders of said business, and seeing how none of you are, be happy with what you have.

    Said it better than I could
  • The_MarauderThe_Marauder eating yo foodMember Posts: 225
    The other half of the reason the games dying right here. Lack of respect for the person(s) your talking to. You all talk fervently about how your doing everything you can to help out DW Blah Blah Blah. Bull Crap. You don't help any game when all you want to do is try and tear down other players. And I agree with some of you, all of this bickering and arrogant commentating needs to stop. Just because you have a differing viewpoint from me doesn't mean I come out and call you a moron, stupid, retarded, or anything else to try and belittle you just because of that viewpoint.

    And @PIPTR0 is entirely right. Although it would be a dastardly & foolhardy decision to do something like this, they do hold no other obligation to us - other than morally. So Let the Developers Develop, and let the Players Play.
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox memento moriMember Posts: 699
    you realize the devs are normal people and not robots who could automatically fix all of your problems
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,322

    you realize the devs are normal people and not robots who could automatically fix all of your problems

    You don't say?

    When I made this thread, I did not expect to see two extremely different sides. One side which is very mad at the devs and one side which is very happy for the devs. But no one wanted to meet in the middle. When I made this thread, I meant for it to be in the middle, tough love if you want. As much as I respect the Bytebin, I do not respect the current choices they make right now. I agree I can be harsh and I am perfectly fine with that. It is the way to go here and there. Please tell me when someone made in this world through rainbows and puppies ALL the time. No one. Then yet again, I know when too far is. Tell me when some one made it through this world by always yelled at and put to the bottom ALL the time. Besides those annoying motivational speakers that bother and bore us at school, no one. I emphasize the word "all" because when I use that word, some people will think of the word "sometimes" instead. But back on point, these two parties are going way too far with this. At the end of the day, we all like Bytebin. Some of us as we can see kiss up a little too much and others hit them with a hammer too much. And you are all going to criticize me for saying I'm in the middle because of what I said at the way beginning, so go ahead. I am fine with my constructive criticism I used and so everyone else. And sure, maybe I was a little harsh, but I'm not accepting or denying it, it's just the way it is. You all know that if I get into a strong conversation that I will put my opinions out the way I feel. So for kiss-ups, get over it because you too agree with some flaws I mentioned in this game. And all you hammer-hitters, you know you love Bytebin for even making the game.
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 I identify myself as a U.S. Navy Black Cat.Member Posts: 1,711
    This is called criticism guys. If you can't understand it, call it opinion.
Sign In or Register to comment.